"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Forgot her name, still call?

static

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Location
LA
I cold approached this girl last week who was sitting at a table by herself in the university cafeteria. After a 5 minute chat, she wrote down her number for me, but without writing down her name. It sounded like Irina? or maybe Ina? I asked her what kind of name that is and she said she's Spanish. I'm leaning toward something that sounds like Irina because I just seem to remember it being more than one-syllable. I hope you guys can deduce it just from this info. Otherwise, what do you guys suggest?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Hubris

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 10, 2004
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Canada, Near TO
Her name is Ina. And you should call.


(No I don't actually know her name, just pretend as though you do. If you get the name wrong you can turn it into a joke. Also, she probably lives in a dorm, so if her dorm mates pick up they'll help set you straight).
 

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
1,306
Reaction score
5
Age
44
Location
Eire
Man, u could convert this prob into a C&F line!

Her: Hello?

You: Hey, how are you? Listen I forgot your name coz I cant remember EVERY womens name! Its just not possible! Enlighten me?!
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by silverwex
Man, u could convert this prob into a C&F line!

Her: Hello?

You: Hey, how are you? Listen I forgot your name coz I cant remember EVERY womens name! Its just not possible! Enlighten me?!
Golden. :rolleyes: How many times has THAT worked for you?
 

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
1,306
Reaction score
5
Age
44
Location
Eire
that was a sarcastic comment i take it squirrels? Ah well, i tried! :) I dont use C&F so im not that much into it.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
3
Age
44
Location
In the C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh!
That is always embarassing... Did she write her name ? Cause if not it just might ahve been a test to see how much you paid attention...

You could always call and just say : 'Hey, how's it going? I really had a lot of fun at XXX, what do you say we get together at XXX at XXX time?'

Most of the time, it is a losing batte... but probly worth the effort if you want.
 

Wong Fei Hung

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
84
Reaction score
0
Here is what I did once when I had this problem :D


Her: Hello?

WFH: I like your name. What does it mean in Spanish? (She will said her name again and tell you the story.)
 
S

ScottWWU

Guest
This actually happens to me quite a bit because my memory isn't so great these days. Unless they have a really common name, it is easiest just to ask them how to spell it so you can put it into your cell phone or something like that. Obviously if her name is like "Sarah" or something that is going to sound stupid, but in your case it seems reasonable!

-Scott
 

scarlettorocker

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Location
london
I dunno lads, you're really wracking your brains about this one. It's nice of you that you're worried about forgetting her name, but these things happen, and if you just call her and ask to speak to Ina (it might be Inez, y'know). If you have got the name wrong, just admit it, nicely of course, perhaps adding that you hope she doesn't think you're rude for doing so, and that you'd love to take her out for coffee sometime soon. As a woman myself, I would not be offended, and if I'd given the guy my number in the first place, I would be happy for him to call me. Only a stuck-up twit would be offended, and if you're immediately pleasant towards her when you're making the call, I can't see that she wouldn't be understanding if she's a nice lady. Make that call now!
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
Simple....."Hey whats going on its static, i met you in the cafeteria last XXX. You're going to have to let me know how to pronounce your name again, it isn't right to mispronounce a pretty name."

If you need to, make small talk on how it always bugged you when people forgot/mispronounced your name.

definitely call, you may get her answering machine and it'll solve the problem for you...
 

scarlettorocker

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
26
Reaction score
1
Location
london
DarkNugg, that's so cool! It's honest and you're flattering her without being too creepy. And then let the conversation will flow...
 
Top