Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Forcing myself to work out, help.

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm making a smoothie of rainbow chard, apple cider vinegar, granny smith apple, cucumber, celery, kale, carrots right now, had one last night too, I have to work tomorrow btw Saturday's not my off day for a while now. My smoothies are kinda disgusting and hard to down takes a whole hour for a whole pitcher. The fruit ones are pretty good though. It's how I get my veggies though. It's a discipline. Pulp is what makes it kinda gross, but I think you gotta down the pulp too.

So I read that chewing activates the enzymes in your stomach to aide digestion and absorb nutrients.. so make sure you are still chewing your smoothie.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good mind trick is to say I ll just do 20 press ups. Because starting is the hard part. once you've done your press ups you will feel like continuing guaranteed.

Another is have a minimum. If I'm busy I do deadlifts with dumbbells reverse curls up to the shoulder and then do an overhead press. That's practically a whole body workout in 10 minutes.

Another thing I do is yoga. When I'm mentally tired yoga is still exercise but it feels more relaxing. Hope this helps.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On the diet thing those frozen ice cubes of spinach you can buy at the supermarket r gold. Take something fairly low nutrient like a can of soup add 3 cubes of that have it with some hard cheese and some of those multiple grain crackers and a couple of bits of fruit and that's half your nutrients for the day in 10 minutes

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW they have scientifically proved that doing light weights with the same raps has about 80% of the benefit of lifting heavy without the risk. I would be absolutely amazed if you couldn't build a killer work out with a couple of 5kg dumbbells and body weight exercises.

I do a kickboxing shadow boxing routine and do it holding 2kg dumbbells. Those tiny soft covered chicky ones the chicks get for the aerobics classes. It's surprising how toning and a good core workout that is. And you can do in front of a good action movie so no Will power required you r just watching a movie.

just don't be a stupid as me and watch two movies because I did that once and of course didn't think about the exercise I was bloody crippled for 2 weeks.

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BTW they have scientifically proved that doing light weights with the same raps has about 80% of the benefit of lifting heavy without the risk. I would be absolutely amazed if you couldn't build a killer work out with a couple of 5kg dumbbells and body weight exercises.

I do a kickboxing shadow boxing routine and do it holding 2kg dumbbells. Those tiny soft covered chicky ones the chicks get for the aerobics classes. It's surprising how toning and a good core workout that is. And you can do in front of a good action movie so no Will power required you r just watching a movie.

just don't be a stupid as me and watch two movies because I did that once and of course didn't think about the exercise I was bloody crippled for 2 weeks.
I remember doing Tae Kwon Do with weighed bracelets really helped with the heart rate ...

Where do people buy weighted gloves and cuffs? Target?

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gawd mate I don't want to spam your thread but every time I read another post you are like trying to kill yourself. Sit-ups shorten the back and neck muscles. It basically makes you hunch over. Planking is better. if you have a computer type job and get neck tension do your planking on the edge of the couch so the couch eat cushion is holding up your neck and head.

Planking or not you should balance out by doing supermans on your bed. They lengthen you out again.

Last edited:

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok but if you are kicking the air definitely get yourself a couple of those elastic knee braces. Buy them one size too small so you are getting good compression. You should be able to buy them at any pharmacy/drugstore.

And you will need stretches to open your hips otherwise you definitely will develop knee problems. Men's main weakness is we get tight hips which pull the knees inwards. The knee is a hinge joint it goes bad if you operate it on an angle.

There's plenty on YouTube. The pigeon yoga pose is good for this. Also the figure 4 glute stretch.

Last edited:

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gawd mate I don't want to spam your thread but every time I read another post you are like trying to kill yourself. Sit-ups shorten the back and neck muscles. It basically makes you hunch over. Planking is better. if you have a computer type job and get neck tension do your planking on the edge of the couch so the couch eat cushion is holding up your neck and head.

Planking or not you should balance out by doing supermans on your bed. They lengthen you out again.
Your help is very much appreciated... I'm going to do the stuff you suggested.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

We do punches, uppercut, crosses, jabs with 10 to 15 lbs weights, while stepping up on giant tires. Small medicine balls while standing on bosu balls (balancing) lifting up above our heads and curls with it, and various other "balance" exercises while lifting weights, kinda like a ripoff of Tony Ferguson, but hey

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a free gym in my apartment.
This is a small thing, but it might help:
Don't think about the gym as being free. You're paying for the gym by paying for your apartment. The gym is one of the perks/benefits that comes with the apartment. Usually if I know I'm paying for something, I'm much more likely to make sure I use it.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet...
Eat healthy. Rice, dark green veggies, and meats. Doesnt mean you can't eat crap,just do it sparingly.

Supplements...
One protein shake each morning. One scoop protein with 8 oz of milk

Weights...
Do full body every workout. Why? Because if you miss a day, you don't miss a muscle group. I lift 3 times a week and its simple. Bench, rows, squats, deadlifts, military press, and ab work in between sets. Rotate each workout. Go heavy one day, go light the next.

I absolutely hate squats, but man, it is the best workout for your body. There is no comparison.

I grew tired of manufacturing my workouts around what machines are available at the gym and just bought my own equipment. After shopping for months on Craigslist, I spent about $800.

Bowflex dumbbells 5-90lbs - 350
Adjustable bench - 80
Mats (Costco) - 20
Squat rack - 100
Barbell(Amazon) - 100
300 lbs Olympic plates - 150

You don't need some crazy workout regimen to get where you want to be, just simple compound exercises. Also, any routine can be good as long as your consistent.

Those Bowflex dumbbells are pricey, but they are very nice, and compact.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok this may seem a bit tin foil hat brigade but one thing people don't know is that rice is high in arsenic because of the way it's grown and brown rice is higher than white. If you soak it in lots of water over night then throw away the water cuts the arsenic down by up to 80%. Got this this off that Michael Mosley show trust me I'm a doctor is generally pretty legit.

Last edited:

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm tired of the constant mental battles where I am reinforcing my worth.

My lows are not as low but my highs are definitely not as high.

I know deep down exercise alone will greatly improve my outlook on life.
Regarding the mental battles of working out: just do it. We often want to spend life thinking about how to make things easier. How to find some magic hack that will make us feel like working out all day every day. A hack that makes us love work. A hack that makes us want to study.

It doesn't exist.

You have to first declare it within yourself that it is worth it. Then you must do it. Period. No matter how you feel about it on a given day, you told yourself it was worth doing so do it. Don't be motivated, be disciplined. This is life.

Regarding the workouts: there's so many stuff our there. You can do literally anything. If I were just getting started again like you, I'd do StrongLifts 5x5 (there's an app for tracking too, btw) and eat a lot of protein, greens and rice.

Keep it simple, it helps with keeping your efforts up in the long term. The more complicated you make it the harder it becomws to achieve your goals (if you're already struggling to get started, that is).

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I've got gym equipment in my house but I still go to a government run gym that supports professionals bodybuilders.

Part of the reason is, over the years I've cultivated friendship with some of the guys and they provided mentoring plus some good old fashioned manly encouragement.

Try to find a gym that has senior guys in it, stick with it a few months and some of those guys will give free pointers or take you under their wing when they see that you're serious but still obviously learning.

Learn to take their tongue lashing.

It's all part of the discipline.

MillionBillionaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well just wanted to give an update...

The mental benefits I started to notice right away. My brain switched to "I'm that type of person who works out." My confidence is noticeably higher, soar arms are the proof of my work.

Bullbearpig

Don Juan
Reaction score
All I remember was...

I was HUNGRY all the time.

I was ALWAYS soar. Even driving and using the steering wheel would cause akes.
You weren't eating enough. Most guys that are new to weight training think their diet is on point but it rarely is. It's normal to be sore the first couple times you lift, but if it's constantly it's a pretty good sign you aren't eating enough for your body to recover properly. Another sign is that you were always hungry.

Mr.Rager

Reaction score
S
Sustained self love is the high form of self development.
+1. Absolutely true.

- Start slow then increase intensity of your workouts as your body adapts (avoid burn outs & muchhhh smoother for your body both physically and mentally). Think of it as a long term warming up for your body to receive the strength and gainzzzz. Sh*t takes time. Your body gets bigger & stronger SLOWLY, you just gotta adjust to how it reacts and support it, but you can't do that beating yourself up. Push it but also listen to it. Self-Care.

- Doing something fun ALWAYS help. Recently started calisthenics (& even some parkour) & its the most fun I ever had lmao. Still going to the gym but it feels boring in comparison

A small trick that helps me for motivation : - Just get through the warm up. Have a coffee or something, BLAST some music and jog for 10min before your workout. GARANTEED you going to change your mind and think ' Damn, would have regretted if I didn't come to workout '

Try it. See how it works for you.

AceDB

Don Juan
Reaction score
working out mostly comes down to good intensity in the gym - you want to work out very hard - and then you want very slow, controlled, careful form/technique when you are working out. Do not use your body, make the muscle do the work - keep your body very still and do the exercises very slowly

basically work out as heavy and intense as you can while still having perfect, controlled form and then eat as much protein as you can. You will make big time progress