Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

For you HS Seniors: What college are you going to?

TheBadassador

Don Juan
Reaction score
NYC Dude said:
I've decided on Harvey Mudd, so California here I come!
Congrats on Harvey Mudd. I'm going to Claremont McKenna next year so we will probably run into each other sometime.

For me, my grades and scores were on the low end for my school, but I had good extracuriculars (I was recruited by my school to play baseball there) and my interview with admissions went really well.

College Admissions is a really strange process that is borderline random. For anyone that is applying to college in the future, I would recommend buying The Ultimate College Accecptance System by Danny Ruderman. It really guides you through the proccess of applying to college, and I think it helped me get into my top choice.

Now I just have to find a way to pay for school....

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh snap, can't believe this post got revived. Looking back at it, I probably would have had a much more fun time partying at a larger school but I don't regret coming to Mudd. Sadly, our incoming class less than about 30% girls of which absolutely none were hot, but I've made the most of it with the other Claremont schools right next door. I guess the key thing to realize is that you have to go to a school that you want to go to (and that will give you fat scholarships if you can get 'em), because you can always make the most of your situation when it comes to socializing.

TheBadassador

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't even realize that the original posts were so old. So I guess since you have already been there for a year I can ask some questions.

How is the party scene at the 5C's and more importantly how are the girls?

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a lot of liars and overachievers on this thread, but w/e. I'm a few weeks away from completing my freshmen year at community college :woo:

qwerty654321

Reaction score
For you guys that got into good colleges, can you advise me if I should leave or keep my job? I'm in hs right now

Reaction score
qwerty654321 said:
For you guys that got into good colleges, can you advise me if I should leave or keep my job? I'm in hs right now
lol what do you mean by job? Like internship or working at MacD on the weekends? If your college is close or your commuting then there's no reason why you should quit your job. lol It's not hard to find a job, if you move to another state then ya you should quit your job... lol

Do you mean should I keep my job so I can include it in the transcript? It depends on what college, internships are 10 times better than just working. Still working is better than doing nothing. Extra curricular/ clubs are worth more to admission, unless your poor and need financial aid. If your applying for it, you def need to work during the summer and show that your trying to make money for college.

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Accepted - Duke, Georgetown, Johns Hopkins, USC, UCLA, UCSD, UCI, and Vanderbilt.

Denied - Stanford and Cal

I'm going to Duke next year

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My school is on a 4.0 with 1 pt added for honors, and 2 pts added for AP.

GPA is 3.78, father is of Cuban descent, president of the Tech Club, attended the Broward County Science Fair, and SAT is a 1040 on the old scale (1580 on the new scale). How am I doing? Enough for UF? :(

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My brother has better stats than all of you (yes, every single test he has outachieved all of you, plus GPA, good activities, etc) and he got denied at Stanford, Yale, Princeton, Harvard, and MIT. WTF...

Reaction score
The Shocker said:
My brother has better stats than all of you (yes, every single test he has outachieved all of you, plus GPA, good activities, etc) and he got denied at Stanford, Yale, Princeton, Harvard, and MIT. WTF...
Maybe he was a total c*nt in the interview or he's g*y, meaning he should have attended Brown. :yawn:

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PeterNorthisawesome said:
Maybe he was a total c*nt in the interview or he's g*y, meaning he should have attended Brown. :yawn:
He's great in interviews, has had a lot of practice on TV and newspapers...and lol, no, not gay...

Reaction score
The Shocker said:
He's great in interviews, has had a lot of practice on TV and newspapers...and lol, no, not gay...
Was he waitlisted? Or simply rejected? It could have been a year when there was too many competition and there's always affirmative action that takes away lots of spots from more qualified kids.

If he had a 4.0 GPA, 2300-2400 SAT, excellent interview, no criminal record/ diciplinary record, community service 20+ hours, various extra curricular clubs for couple years, varsity sports, art or musical talent, good teacher and guidance office recommendations and didn't get in to any of those schools. Something is wrong and he should have complained.

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rejected at all of them. And yes, this year supposedly was extremely competitive. And he is Asian, so that might have hurt.

GPA: 4.7, valedictorian
SAT: 2380
decent to excellent interviews
no criminal record
community service: at least 80 in high school, probably 100 more if you count middle school
3 or 4 clubs, with leadership positions in all
1 sport, cofounder of the club, officer, and team captain
plays 1 instrument
good recommendations
a couple national competitions and countless state competitions

Yeah, we have no fvkcing idea what happened. They don't take any complaints or appeals though, it's gay.

Reaction score
Oh he's ASIAN that makes ALL THE DIFFERANCE. It's not fair, but recently all the top colleges are cutting down the number of asian students to create a diverse student body. Of course before 2000 there were many schools with little to no asian population, so they decided to recruit more asians. Now there are too many of them and according to my uncle who works at one of these Ivy schools they're just cutting down, so it's hardest for asians right now to get into really good schools.

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
right. That makes sense, the amount of Asians applying to these schools at this point is ridiculous, so yeah...Stanford is like 40% Asian right now...

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He fvcked up his essays. The schools he got denied at felt he wasn't a good match for what they had to offer and what they were looking for in their class. Just about everyone applying to those schools has amazing ecs and scores and grades. The essays and teacher recs are what set applicants apart. He either had a teacher write something crappy about him (or perhaps was new at writing a recommendation) or he messed up on his essays. Something in his application was weak...

The Shocker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it more likely that it was because he was Asian...he is an excellent writer, had the best English teacher in the school go over all his essays, and his recs were great I'm assuming because the teachers he got all love him and have 10-15+ years of experience...