"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

Flirting in front of my friends

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Here's why I absolutely HATE my "friends" and this story reminds me of why I started going clubbing alone! A bunch of us, including my girlfriend, all went to a club Saturday night. Now, during the week I regularly go to another club (alone) and by doing that I've got to know a lot of new people, especially new females.

Anyway, at one point I see 2 women that I know from the club I normally go to... so I go over, say hi and start some chit chat. One of the friends (female) I came with, shot right over to me and asked who they were and if I knew them and she looked at me like I was fvcking both of them right there. Blah. THEN another one of my friends (male) got pissed because I was talking with other girls, who weren't my girlfriend. Finally my girlfriend starts asking me who they were and how I know them. I ade up some BS story, but holy **** this pissed me off. Later I saw another girl I recognized, but just said hi and left it at that...

I really can't stand being scrutinized by my "friends" and girlfriend. I'm my own person and can do what I want. So guys, help me out... how do I get out of this situation?

I broke up with this girl last summer, but then she started hanging around all of my friends. I asked her not to, but she kept doing it anyway. My friends are also my brothers friends so I can't get rid of them. I can't move out because I'm still in school (1 year left) and can't afford it. I have to sneak around EVERYONE. This whole situation stresses me out so much and I know I have to deal with it for 1 more year... :(
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

falloutboy

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 7, 2003
Messages
79
Reaction score
0
Location
NY
if they're your REAL friends, you should have no need to BS in their faces like you did. They should accept you as you are. As you say "I'm my own person."

If they're not, are they really worht all that effort and stress? I say drop em. If you hate them taht much let them know why. Just my 2 cents.
 

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by falloutboy
if they're your REAL friends, you should have no need to BS in their faces like you did. They should accept you as you are. As you say "I'm my own person."

If they're not, are they really worht all that effort and stress? I say drop em. If you hate them taht much let them know why. Just my 2 cents.
I have to BS, because they report everything I do back to my girlfriend. I know they're all full of ****, but the problem is they're my brothers friend too, so its not like I could even get away from them. If I do anything *they* don't consider relationship friendly then I have to hear it from my girlfriend... AND even if I did break up with her she'd be around all the mofo time hanging out with my "friends". :(

I have no clue what to do.
 

MacDiddy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 9, 2004
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
2
Location
Down South. Between the Y junction.
I would prepare for the moment your ex brings a new guy into that cirlce of friends. When that happens, depending on how strong your emotions are, you might find yourself squeezed out. The solution is to get yourself another girlfriend and squeeze her out first. She will be jealous, hurt and will think about you constantly and won't enjoy herself amongst your friends.
 

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 24, 2002
Messages
11,546
Reaction score
572
Location
monrovia, CA
dude, get some new ****ing friends, that's pathteic.

My best friend has been with his Girl for 3 years and she knows better than to expect me to "report" back to her anything. Hell I routinely call him up as a wingman, and he does a damn good job.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

JT47319

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2002
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Location
Hermosa Beach, CA
Why the hell do you call her your girlfriend if she's your ex?
 

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
dude i understand your actions, they were your bro's buddies and to you, they were more like hangout buddies, nothing more.

They had no right to be nosey and ask who who was.

Just get some of your own friends this time and let them in on what you do.
 

S0LID

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
944
Reaction score
1
Age
41
stick to clubing alone or find 1 outa the group u can trust.I don think I could go clubing on my own :eek: whats it like the 1st time?
 

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
Treat like you would a woman. If they aren't REALLY your friends, then always be busy when they want to go out with you and be cordial but cool when you do see them. Basically next them like you would a girl in the same class as you or that you must see all the time. They'll get the point.
 

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2001
Messages
1,852
Reaction score
7
Location
SF, US
Originally posted by GaryNas
...I really can't stand being scrutinized by my "friends" and girlfriend. I'm my own person and can do what I want. So guys, help me out... how do I get out of this situation?
What "situation" are you in, exactly?

Did you get caught mounting one of these new girls?

No.

Anything close?

No.

Just talking. Right?

And they're threatened and know how to put the screws on you. They can't keep up and they're trying to keep you in line.

Looks like it's working, huh?

I broke up with this girl last summer, but then she started hanging around all of my friends. I asked her not to, ...
mistake
... but she kept doing it anyway. My friends are also my brothers friends so I can't get rid of them. I can't move out because I'm still in school (1 year left) and can't afford it. I have to sneak around EVERYONE.
And why is this? You're acting like you don't have b@lls when your so-called friends are afraid of just that.

This whole situation stresses me out so much and I know I have to deal with it for 1 more year... :(

Your friends are trying to put a mind-fvck on you, but you're too too willing to do it first. Either you grow to handle this or you take the best girl you can and just live with it and be good. You're about to break into the next level and they're trying to keep you in line. So you're apologizing and trying to have both.

So -- make a choice.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
Your girlfriend isn't really your girlfriend right?! It sounded like she was an ex and she is now a friend of you and your friends. So WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?! Even if she WAS your current GF you are only TALKING TO THEM.
 
Top