oatmealandtuna
Don Juan
- Joined
- Jan 7, 2003
- Messages
- 46
- Reaction score
- 0
Hey people, I just got what I think is a lame-o excuse for cancelling my date today but I want to get your input on it.
Here's all the dirt:
I got the number of a chick who works at my gym (Front Desk). Based on previous conversations I know about her interest in Jet Li movies and suggested that we see Hero sometime. She expressed what I thought was a great deal of interest and gave me her number without hesitation.
A few days later I call and try to set up a date. She says that on Monday she should be free after 5:30 after work, of course she prefaced this with "er, I think I get off at 5:30...yeah, that's right, 5:30." She requested that I call her on Monday though because she'd be drinking on Sunday and might get totally trashed. And again, during this conversation she seemed enthusiastic and said she's "totally down."
I call on Monday and she says "you won't believe this...I close tonight! etc etc etc." After all this she says I don't even have your number so I couldn't call you, etc etc, how about you give it to me. I give it to her and tell her that she should call me when she knows her schedule for the rest of the week. She agrees.
Okay guys, opinions? I dropped the ball in her court and I'll just leave it at that. If she doesn't call I'll know why, but I just want to see what everyone else thinks about this.
Thanks!
-Oatmeal
Here's all the dirt:
I got the number of a chick who works at my gym (Front Desk). Based on previous conversations I know about her interest in Jet Li movies and suggested that we see Hero sometime. She expressed what I thought was a great deal of interest and gave me her number without hesitation.
A few days later I call and try to set up a date. She says that on Monday she should be free after 5:30 after work, of course she prefaced this with "er, I think I get off at 5:30...yeah, that's right, 5:30." She requested that I call her on Monday though because she'd be drinking on Sunday and might get totally trashed. And again, during this conversation she seemed enthusiastic and said she's "totally down."
I call on Monday and she says "you won't believe this...I close tonight! etc etc etc." After all this she says I don't even have your number so I couldn't call you, etc etc, how about you give it to me. I give it to her and tell her that she should call me when she knows her schedule for the rest of the week. She agrees.
Okay guys, opinions? I dropped the ball in her court and I'll just leave it at that. If she doesn't call I'll know why, but I just want to see what everyone else thinks about this.
Thanks!
-Oatmeal
Last edited: