Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fixing my weak points

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just moved to Atlanta about 3 weeks ago and now starting my search for personal training jobs in the area. Unfortunately I don't want to use my money to pay a membership so I've been forced to use alternatives.

I'm pretty sure my legs have lost significant strength but my upper body is stronger than ever. I do many different variations of pull ups, L-Pull ups, Dips and planches.

I got a free trial membership with a gym recently and was surprised that I had not lost as much strength as I feared I would have.

I was still able to Military Press 135 for 6 reps
Deadlift 425 (lost over 10lbs)
Squat over 200

etc..

Even more impressively I'm able to do planche push ups for 5 reps.

My diet hasn't changed at all..

Eggs, beef, fruits, veggies, water fish oil, multi etc, etc...I don't make chicken at all but I haven't noticed any drawbacks to that. I'd eventually like to start eating fish again but I'm not sure if the cost is worth the benefit.

So in short not having a gym is not ideal especially since I'd like to compete in a powerlifting meet at the end of the year, but it has forced me to come up with some interesting bodyweight exercises and explore different ways to strength train that will only get me stronger once I start picking up the weights again.

If your one of these people who only gets their strength training from going to a gym only, I think it would benefit you to be open minded to other avenues of assisting your weightlifting regime. Try gymnastic training or simply go to a playground and make up your own way to train.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aren't you the guy both claiming to squat 350+ for 20 to me before now, and here you squat "over 200". How are you going to a powerlifting meet? How much do you actually squat?

Doing planches is cool, however.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sandbags are great if you don't have access to a gym. You can make a sandbag for like $15 and you can do almost anything with it that you can do with a barbell.

Not deadlifting for a while and doing sandbag work instead made my deadlift go up.

BTW, how do you deadlift 425 and only squat over 200 :confused:

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I also like medicine ball work.
Overhead presses with sandbags are nasty, nasty business.

Good luck with finding a job btw.

Drum&Bass

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've got long limbs, genetically it makes pulling easier for me than most. Plus I happen to be a pretty strong mofo.

My numbers for squatting would probably be higher but I always do high rep squats and I always go deep. I'm actually closer to squatting 315 for reps but the purpose of my post was never meant to be about what i lift.

read and post in my log if you wanna talk about my stats.