Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Five bucks brett favre beast rap like rocky

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What a freaking joke this guy has been to controversy over and over again will probably stay in the hall of fame and we'll all watch football go downhill in the next decade

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Football has been going down the hill and it was inevitable. A large part of it is due to America becoming more diverse as a country and Latinos bringing their culture with them to the point that soccer became mainstream. Before 2000, you would be hard pressed to find any American kid wearing a Manchester United or some soccer jersey. Now, you see it all over the place. Football was the old blue collar boy and middle class White American normie way of life which is slowly eroding away.

As America starts to get better at world football ("soccer"), more and more people will get into that rather than football. I grew up in a region where football was almost a religion and even then, we had some good football players who could have played at a Division 2 or 3 school decide to play soccer or another sport instead.

Now add to that the NFL becoming woke. I see football declining fast as America's top sport and being overtaken by soccer.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Football has been going down the hill and it was inevitable. A large part of it is due to America becoming more diverse as a country and Latinos bringing their culture with them to the point that soccer became mainstream. Before 2000, you would be hard pressed to find any American kid wearing a Manchester United or some soccer jersey. Now, you see it all over the place. Football was the old blue collar boy and middle class White American normie way of life which is slowly eroding away.

As America starts to get better at world football ("soccer"), more and more people will get into that rather than football. I grew up in a region where football was almost a religion and even then, we had some good football players who could have played at a Division 2 or 3 school decide to play soccer or another sport instead.

Now add to that the NFL becoming woke. I see football declining fast as America's top sport and being overtaken by soccer.
Wishful thinking

75 of the top 100 rated TV shows in the US last year were NFL football games. For an entire year!! We are talking major one off things like Grammy's, Emmy's, award shows, popular TV show season finales, etc...none of them even mattered. All of them are irrelevant. A random NFL game outdraws pretty much anything.

That isn't just popular, that's complete domination of the television sector.

No offense but major networks didn't just increase the amount they paid to the NFL in the last contract by $1 billion or in some cases even more than that because they think it's going to decline.if anything it's becoming more popular.

Last edited:

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wishful thinking

75 of the top 100 rated TV shows in the US last year were NFL football games.

No offense but major networks didn't just increase the amount they paid to the NFL in the last contract by $1 billion or in some cases even more than that because they think it's going to decline.if anything it's becoming more popular.
I think in the last 10 years it's been going down in viewership Google the super bowl itself and you'll see what I mean

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I think in the last 10 years it's been going down in viewership Google the super bowl itself and you'll see what I mean
Maybe live viewing but the NFL is as popular as ever in the US. Ratings don't count people who DVR it or watch it via other streaming services.

Trust me when I tell you that anyone who thinks the NFL is going to just fade away is basically just making stuff up in their own mind and trying to make it sound good to make sense.

Again...every network increased the amount of money they paid to the NFL for the rights to broadcast their product by a LOT. Does that sound like something they would do for a "declining product"?

Last edited:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wishful thinking

75 of the top 100 rated TV shows in the US last year were NFL football games. For an entire year!! We are talking major one off things like Grammy's, Emmy's, award shows, popular TV show season finales, etc...none of them even mattered. All of them are irrelevant. A random NFL game outdraws pretty much anything.

It's state specific if anything, certain regions see increases but it's declining overall

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Football has been going down the hill and it was inevitable. A large part of it is due to America becoming more diverse as a country and Latinos bringing their culture with them to the point that soccer became mainstream. Before 2000, you would be hard pressed to find any American kid wearing a Manchester United or some soccer jersey.
In the 1990s, soccer was growing in popularity in White, middle class circles. At the time, you had Baby Boomer parents in their 30s and 40s keeping their late Gen Xs/1st half of Millennial children away from football and steering them towards less dangerous sports. That's why the term "soccer mom" started getting widespread use around 1995-1996. In 1996, the oldest Millennials were 13-15.

While the trend of future Hispanic population growth was evident throughout the 1990s, it wasn't the same as now.

Now, you see it all over the place. Football was the old blue collar boy and middle class White American normie way of life which is slowly eroding away.

I agree that old blue collar and middle class Americans have been feeling pain since the 1990s.

I think a lot of sports participation is going downhill in favor of screen time.

What about basketball? Basketball might overtake football. However, the NBA is woke too.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
In the 1990s, soccer was growing in popularity in White, middle class circles. At the time, you had Baby Boomer parents in their 30s and 40s keeping their late Gen Xs/1st half of Millennial children away from football and steering them towards less dangerous sports. That's why the term "soccer mom" started getting widespread use around 1995-1996. In 1996, the oldest Millennials were 13-15.

While the trend of future Hispanic population growth was evident throughout the 1990s, it wasn't the same as now.

I agree that old blue collar and middle class Americans have been feeling pain since the 1990s.

I think a lot of sports participation is going downhill in favor of screen time.

What about basketball? Basketball might overtake football. However, the NBA is woke too.
Football is so far ahead it would take 25 years of constant declines for anything to catch it. It's must see TV for many people.

It's also 24-7-365. I mean the NFL draft gets higher ratings than 90% of all shows

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me make one thing clear here, I love football. I played Safety in high school and it brought me some of the best years of my life. However, love it or hate it, I call it as I see it. Since 2015, NFL viewership has largely declined and not caught up to 2015 levels even though the recent year was good:

Meanwhile, World Football catches up more and more ever year to where it even overtook hockey:

Now while Soccer is still below a lot of other sports overall, the truth is that the fans that love soccer are mostly young while football and other sports are composed of more of an older fan base:

World football (Soccer) is growing in popularity. The UEFA Champion's League and the World Cup regularly see a higher viewership than the Superbowl.

Decades back, NBC and the major networks never played a soccer match, now you see them playing Premier League matches every Saturday.

It is going to take another decade but with the growing Latino population and the US becoming more international, don't be shocked if World Football beats the NFL soon.

The UFC will likely be the go to for violence and confrontational type of sports since your average UFC fighter would kill an NFL player in a fight.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me make one thing clear here, I love football. I played Safety in high school and it brought me some of the best years of my life. However, love it or hate it, I call it as I see it. Since 2015, NFL viewership has largely declined and not caught up to 2015 levels even though the recent year was good:
On TV, everything gets lower ratings than in the past. The broadcast ecosystem has changed a ton in the last 30 years. First cable networks reduced the broadcast networks' ratings. Internet content has replaced a lot of TV consumption hours. In the past decade, more time has been spent with streaming services and cable/satellite companies have seen an erosion of video customers.

The Big Bang Theory (2007-2019) received less viewers than Friends (1994-2004) despite a more populated United States during its run.

The NFL still does pretty well. I don't care for it. I never played football. I also didn't watch the Super Bowl last year. It was the first year in a long time that I didn't watch. Most years since 2010, the only football I ever watched was the Super Bowl and maybe a Thanksgiving Day game on in the background depending on where I went for Thanksgiving. Super Bowl parties in my social circle became very couples oriented and unpleasant when I wasn't in a couple.