Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fitness advice/program for fiance

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My fiance wants to start a fitness program for herself for our wedding. I'm very happy, as she used to have a great figure but sort of gained weight over the years. She's about 5'5 140 right now but doesn't carry the weight very well. She looked the best when she was about 120/125 and had a slim and sexy body.

Anyway, she likes running so I figure that would be the best way for her to burn calories. She would like to shed the fat and build some muscle particularly in her glutes.

Im having trouble with the dosing. I'm not sure whether she should run everyday or alternate between running and weight training. Also having some trouble with the splits. She's not someone who's going to be at the gym for more than 45 min.

Was thinking just an upper body and lower body split with running every other day with occasional rest days.

Example:

Day 1: run 5k
Day 2: squats, leg press, calf raises, kettle bell swing
Day 3: rest
Day 4: run 10k
Day 5: lat pull down, rows, dumbbell chest press, bicep curls, planks
Day 6: rest
Day 7: run 5k

Something along those lines. I want to keep it simple for her, shes not going to do anything complicated.

Would appreciate advice or exercises for females if anyone has experience training them. Diet is also obviously important.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MMA or Street fighting! :D

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My fiance wants to start a fitness program for herself for our wedding. I'm very happy, as she used to have a great figure but sort of gained weight over the years. She's about 5'5 140 right now but doesn't carry the weight very well. She looked the best when she was about 120/125 and had a slim and sexy body.

Anyway, she likes running so I figure that would be the best way for her to burn calories. She would like to shed the fat and build some muscle particularly in her glutes.

Im having trouble with the dosing. I'm not sure whether she should run everyday or alternate between running and weight training. Also having some trouble with the splits. She's not someone who's going to be at the gym for more than 45 min.

Was thinking just an upper body and lower body split with running every other day with occasional rest days.

Example:

Day 1: run 5k
Day 2: squats, leg press, calf raises, kettle bell swing
Day 3: rest
Day 4: run 10k
Day 5: lat pull down, rows, dumbbell chest press, bicep curls, planks
Day 6: rest
Day 7: run 5k

Something along those lines. I want to keep it simple for her, shes not going to do anything complicated.

Would appreciate advice or exercises for females if anyone has experience training them. Diet is also obviously important.
Women don't carry weight well lulz!

You as a man must KEEP HER IN CHECK. Marriage when over weight is setting awful precedence.

Remove all junk food, snacks or booze. Start with you. You lead. She follows. If she lacks compliance pull the propsal. Srs.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If she runs everyday she will become skinny fat. All runners will. They burn muscle. Not optimal and in no way will she look sexy from that. Lifting heavy weights is definitely a good option mixed in.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My fiance wants to start a fitness program for herself for our wedding. I'm very happy, as she used to have a great figure but sort of gained weight over the years.

Anyway, she likes running so I figure that would be the best way for her to burn calories.

She's not someone who's going to be at the gym for more than 45 min.
Nope, she's not doing it for herself or for you, sad to say. She wants to show off and is doing it for everyone attending the wedding. Once that's over, she'll go back to her default state and you will not be happy the way she looks.

You letting her gain weight over the years and not saying anything has already shown her that she can do what she wants and you will most likely put up with it and stay with her.

She doesn't "like" running. If she did, she'd be doing it everyday on her own and therefore wouldn't be as heavy.

Sounds like she doesn't like working out but you're trying to change her to someone she isn't. That's not going to be very sustainable. Hopefully you won't be one of those guys duped into marriage only to end up with a land whale later with kids and her having her hands wrapped around your balls in a sexless marriage.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Make sure she's tracking what's she's putting into her mouth. She can also work the neck and shoulder muscles with Bjs. You're welcome :)

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to do core core core with her for workouts because that is where most of her weight will go if she has bad eating habits. Also lots of leg work, glutes will be affected proportionately. Running should be done anyway.

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is one angle I want to prepare you mentally for.

Women very often misbehave when they self-improve physically. They lose weight, get that coveted booty and body, and suddenly think they deserve better than you. Look out for this angle because its more common than people like to admit. 2 of my work colleagues got cheated on by their wives after successfully losing weight.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is one angle I want to prepare you mentally for.

Women very often misbehave when they self-improve physically. They lose weight, get that coveted booty and body, and suddenly think they deserve better than you. Look out for this angle because its more common than people like to admit. 2 of my work colleagues got cheated on by their wives after successfully losing weight.
Agree.
Adele is one very public example of this.
Most women if they are heavy or lazy by default, will usually have an ulterior motive to suddenly change. You think they are doing it for you but in reality, they will be doing it for their own gains in some way. It's never to please you in most of these cases.

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree.
Adele is one very public example of this.
Most women if they are heavy or lazy by default, will usually have an ulterior motive to suddenly change. You think they are doing it for you but in reality, they will be doing it for their own gains in some way. It's never to please you in most of these cases.
Women quietly regularly bounce you against their Suitability Checklist. In their minds they think “you accepted me when i was fat, meaning thats the package you deserve. Now ive trimmed down and am in shape, im out of your league, sorry you dont deserve this new package”

Its good to support our wives/ girlfriends to lose weight and attain better shapes, but we must be aware of some of the unsavoury outcomes from those pursuits

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to do core core core with her for workouts because that is where most of her weight will go if she has bad eating habits. Also lots of leg work, glutes will be affected proportionately. Running should be done anyway.
Nah. Spot training isn’t a thing. Where the weight accumulates or comes off first is purely genetic. If she’s to get lean it is a full body pursuit.