Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fishing for Foriegn & Getting Catfished

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NFN, but you're judging both situations. If the dude wants to be a mark, let him. It's his life, let the chips fall where they may.
No not at all. If this is how he chooses to conduct himself then that’s his decision and whatever happens is his deal.

I found it interesting because knowing him (and my guy knows him VERY well) and knowing his spouse as well it seems he’s feeling entitled and grass is greener.

My guy knew both of them since before they married and is friends with both (he’s known the wife longer in fact) and he’s asked my opinion about reaching out to be supportive of her...my advice to him has been to leave her alone for the time being if he values the friendship with his buddy. I think nothing good arises from my guy having side conversations with the buddy’s soon to be ex wife...

He thinks the wife (who has moved out) already has someone else and that his buddy is wanting something fresh, young & exotic in part to soothe his own ego.

A couple months ago the buddy (he and wife reside across the country) visited out here with my guy...and the idea was to chase skirts and so forth...but my guy ended up wanting to hang out more having me along (his idea not mine), and the buddy told me one of those nights out that picking up women has lost its luster.

I also don’t think he pulls like he once did IRL and this bothers his ego.

The opinions here shed light on the matter. It’s just something I found curious since it’s much more time & expense invested in the overseas thing when real live beautiful women are everywhere close by.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
No not at all. If this is how he chooses to conduct himself then that’s his decision and whatever happens is his deal.

I found it interesting because knowing him (and my guy knows him VERY well) and knowing his spouse as well it seems he’s feeling entitled and grass is greener.

My guy knew both of them since before they married and is friends with both (he’s known the wife longer in fact) and he’s asked my opinion about reaching out to be supportive of her...my advice to him has been to leave her alone for the time being if he values the friendship with his buddy. I think nothing good arises from my guy having side conversations with the buddy’s soon to be ex wife...

He thinks the wife (who has moved out) already has someone else and that his buddy is wanting something fresh, young & exotic in part to soothe his own ego.

A couple months ago the buddy (he and wife reside across the country) visited out here with my guy...and the idea was to chase skirts and so forth...but my guy ended up wanting to hang out more having me along (his idea not mine), and the buddy told me one of those nights out that picking up women has lost its luster.

I also don’t think he pulls like he once did IRL and this bothers his ego.

The opinions here shed light on the matter. It’s just something I found curious since it’s much more time & expense invested in the overseas thing when real live beautiful women are everywhere close by.
You may not see it, but you are judging the dude big mama.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this type of setup.

He should not marry her. He should not bring her to US.
The age diff is too much, the season of life is different...

He can setup an arrangement with her and live/visit often. If he will live there and wants to make it sort of permanent he should invest enough to setup an impressive compound and look like a king to her friends and peers. If he lives conservative there he will likely be cucked due to the age diff. But...as long as not married he can switch girls every 5 seconds if he want to and all will be as good looking as this one. He probably knows all that already... It has a better chance for him if in a province (countryside) instead of main city. If they are poor she will want money to give to her family. He should do that, but manage it. Basically... paying the family to endorse and continue to endorse him, but manage it. His safety will be in there hands so if he does switch girls he should be NICE about it.

If his wife was loyal, should have been also...

MrWood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this type of setup.

He should not marry her. He should not bring her to US.
@BeExcellent this exactly. That she is Thai is 100% no surprise (other flag would be Filipino). This happens alot here in Finland too, but they bring em back...
get cucked, broke and treated with horrible indifference.

Sorry your friend has infatuation beta disease. He clearly fears being alone, lonely and undesirable as he ages.

Chinese/Korean much less of this type and way more genuine and will love and care for a man 20yr+ her senior.

Last edited:

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thai sitch is s bit different. The money is likely to go to the family back in the village. The rent a gf scenario is common. Both sides know the deal.

I agree he should not wife her. Thais miss Thailand too much.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@BeExcellent this exactly. That she is Thai is 100% no surprise (other flag would be Filipino). This happens alot here in Finland too, but they bring em back...
get cucked, broke and treated with horrible indifference.

Sorry your friend has infatuation beta disease. He clearly fears being alone, lonely and undesirable as he ages.

Chinese/Korean much less of this type and way more genuine and will love and care for a man 20yr+ her senior.
My guy’s father married a South Korean woman after being an unapologetic playboy for many years (including rampant cheating on his mother)...she is hateful to my guy and his sister & it’s not surprising that he himself became a player and is friends with other players. It’s what was modeled to him all his life (other issues notwithstanding). This step mom has been very loyal to the father...but she’s mean to his family. And he cheated on her until she put her foot down or she leaves. He’s too old to run around now and they are solid.

The friend did have a very loyal, beautiful woman in his wife. He was unfaithful & felt entitled to whatever else he wanted. His male friends hold him in disdain to varying degrees now over his longstanding douchebag behavior.

I think at times my guy has the same hero fantasy as his friend. He thinks Latin America or Asia has a beautiful young woman he can save...

And he played that out years ago. The woman did exactly as noted above once she was stateside. Cucked him, learned the system and punished him with the system. Brutally.

But he too was unfaithful to her.

I just see lots of potential pitfalls for the buddy & wondered who here had seen similar things and what the outcomes may be.

The chips will fall as they fall. His bed is made for better or worse.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe this guy just likes being a farang.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have an acquaintance of my guy. The friend is 58, tall, handsome, successful. He’s mid divorce with his gorgeous Asian wife of 15 years in the US. He will end up splitting assets with her, but she helped him build their business so fair is fair. The wife is late 40s, still remarkably beautiful & very stylish & smart.

They are splitting because she got tired of catching him cheating...

So he goes online, finds a hot 24 year old Thai girl, makes friends with her & ends up traveling to Thailand to meet her & her family and so forth...gives her $1000 US and is there for 2 weeks. They are declaring love & planning the future and etc. Ok. Fine.

This is a man who knows how to be a player...but is looking now it seems at his age...for a young lady who will look after him & cater to him/care for him and of course this will be in exchange for his financial support etc.

My initial thought about the matter (it’s his life...I don’t judge) is along the lines of how many other well off men is this girl doing that with or to...and is this a common thing...because my guy friends tell me this is not unusual.

I do know men who have moved overseas to take up with young foriegn women...and one of the guys is quite happy about the situation and seems with a truly loyal girl...others just seem to be in very transactional arrangements where she is his king...but she keeps younger lovers on the side of her sugar daddy on the down low...or she is at times unavailable. In most cases the guy has had to move there because she wouldn’t or couldn’t move here (tough getting citizenship).

I suppose if women are so objectified as to be a means to an end by a man who uses women to get what he wants that is extreme red pill, obviously on the one hand...but the curious thing is the man in question is good with women, has no issue meeting or dating...and he’s actually losing a quality girl in his soon to be ex wife.

Just found the situation interesting. Almost a grass is greener run away from the realities of life sort of thing...

And I wondered what sort of experiences you guys were aware of or knowledgeable about.

Bear in mind I don’t care if a man can get a much younger woman. I just wondered if this acquaintance is getting played himself and at the same time blinded by his own ego.

Thoughts?
I wouldn't say he was catfished, because he actually went there and apparently enjoyed his time with this woman. However, I would say that he's probably being used for his money and he should be careful because women in Thailand are famous for extracting money from foreigners by feeding them sob stories. At that age I think you need to be realistic about what these kinds of women want and be aware of your environment.

Each country has its own scams and Thailand in particular is full of prostitutes and women that are part-time/former bar girls looking to hook one or more foreign men to fund their lifestyle. They often string several foreign guys along at the same time and convince them to send money so that they don't have to return to working at a bar, which they do anyway whilst also having several other foreign and local boyfriends.

The end game for most of them is to marry one of these guys and get a free trip to the USA, along with half of the sucker's money when they get divorced. Either that or they get the poor sucker to build them a house on their parent's land, which of course is all in their name only since foreigners can't own property in Thailand.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Men like that end up looking for a woman who loves them and think they can buy it. Once they end up at his age and realize that all their money doesn't buy love they end up becoming despondent in their old age...should have just listened to The Beatles song and believed it...Money Can't Buy Me Love.

It can buy you hot women who will use you for your money and then discard you the second you can't give them that but it definitely won't buy you love. Good luck to him he will need it.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Dude this is such a biased half azzed generalization its hilarious. You have no idea what your talking about. Lol
It comes down to her family and her family values. Asian girls that are raised well have a natural humility put in them by their fathers. I JUST had this come out of my wife today.
Yes their are hores...be careful were you shop. The game is the same with different canvas.
What you initially "hook" a woman with is what they generally end up being with you for. So if you bait the hook with money that's typically what they are after. If you bait it with your personality and who you are it works out a lot better in the long run.