First Post - Senario Question

Mr. Wise

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Cool site! I need help on something my friend and I were discussing today.

Here's the story: He and I went to a bar and met 2 other chicks there. He saw a chick he recently dated (she dumped him) directly across the bar. I told him to say hi but he said he didn't want to and acted very bitter as if he was upset she was there. I told him to say hi and just act as if he was happy and enjoying himself. He said that he didn't want to give her his attention. It was quite uncomfortable for him even if we were with 2 hot chicks. What's the play here guys? Would you say what's up or not?

Edit: I will show him this thread later so all comments are welcomed.

The Scoot

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have flirted with the two hot chicks, make them laugh and look like I'm having a good time, but don't look at the ex girlfriend. Then I would pass by ex girlfriend and point at her and laugh or make fun of her in some way and just walk away. Treat her like she's your kid sister.

Mr. Wise

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Scoot said:
I would have flirted with the two hot chicks, make them laugh and look like I'm having a good time, but don't look at the ex girlfriend. Then I would pass by ex girlfriend and point at her and laugh or make fun of her in some way and just walk away. Treat her like she's your kid sister.
Ahh but doing this is transparent - readable. The girl is smack dabb in front of us - not acknowledging her would give her the satisfaction that she has gotten to you. She'll think "I win!" Wouldn't saying "hi" and acting happy/having a good time make her think "Wow, he CAN live without me".

More please!

PlaysToWin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Your friend is obviously still bitter. So obviously his ex IS getting to him and by being cold, he is showing it.

Making fun of her or having a go at her is just being a prick. What's the point.

He should have been civil and friendly, briefly said hello, like you would a casual acquaintance, and then got on with his night out.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would look at her, nod, smile, maybe even say hi if necessary, but I wouldn't engage her in any significant conversation or waste any time or energy on her.

But ultimately, it doesn't really matter what his ex thinks of him or how much satisfaction she gets, so he could go up to her and slap her in the face if he really wanted to.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If they're no longer friends then there's no need approach her and say hi, although ignoring people you know is a little rude, in general. Just go about your business and try and talk to the new girls, I wouldn't let the ex's presence change anything.