Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

First Major Gym Injury and Limitation

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I was being ****in stupid, put Kettle Bell's above my head, one in each arm, went up to 18 lbs in each hand, as I was coming down on my last Rep, my shoulder either dislocated or just about had a major rotator cuff tear, after it happened I picked up bells and Farmer carried to rack, then left.

I don't know if it's a major tear or not, but my range of motion is limited but growing daily, the pain is not nearly as bad 2 days later.

The muscle that runs just below my armpit being extremely sore and a clicking sound in my shoulder is the result when I attempt to raise it, I'm hoping this isn't a permanent injury but there is no ****ing way I can get in to get an ultra sound on it or xray l, whatever I would need is out of grasp because of Covid and the backlog that had happened due to Covid.

So I'm kind of left to nurse this injury on my own, decided to take it into the hot tub, actually helped a lot. It feels like more of a bone injury in my shoulder than anything else, definitely deep inside it, I can't rub it and instigate pain, only the movement of the shoulder does it.

But **** man, it was scary in the moment, I thought I totally messed my shoulder up, maybe I did dislocate it and immediately relocate it, I don't know but it felt like my shoulder did a 360 with the weight. Close call, never doing that again.

Looks like it'll be leg and stomach only for me for a while, minor setback. No protruding bone or frozen shoulder yet so that's good based on what I've read.

The lady standing at the desk turned white with her mouth agape and it was clear everyone around me heard my shoulder so I assume it was some straight exorcist ****

Last edited:

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty sure you're supposed to ice these injuries as much as possible to reduce inflamation and speed up the healing process, heat does the opposite...

You've probably been neglecting your shoulder cuffs and/or using momentum to your advantage in this kettle bell exercise. Reduce weight and go slow to avoid injury. Focus on perfect form.

First thing I do when I get in the gym is shoulder cuff hardening, to avoid these exact scenarios. If it's tendon damage it'll take months to heal since there's less blood flow in tendons. If it's ligament damage then it's permanent. Consider a sling and ice for a week. Or you know, get advice from a real doctor ;) he'll probably order an ultrasound or x-ray to cover his as$ though.

Hoping you have a speedy recovery!

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty sure you're supposed to ice these injuries as much as possible to reduce inflamation and speed up the healing process, heat does the opposite...

You've probably been neglecting your shoulder cuffs and/or using momentum to your advantage in this kettle bell exercise. Reduce weight and go slow to avoid injury. Focus on perfect form.

First thing I do when I get in the gym is shoulder cuff hardening, to avoid these exact scenarios. If it's tendon damage it'll take months to heal since there's less blood flow in tendons. If it's ligament damage then it's permanent. Consider a sling and ice for a week. Or you know, get advice from a real doctor ;) he'll probably order an ultrasound or x-ray to cover his as$ though.

Hoping you have a speedy recovery!
Im on a wait list to see a doctor, but its gonna be not till mid December, I'm not trying to go into a walk clinic.

monkeybrain

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it man. Wish you a speedy recovery. How is it now?

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it man. Wish you a speedy recovery. How is it now?
Honestly about the same, my range of motion up top is gonzo, I mean I don't use it much anyways but I csnt wait to see the Doctor, still waiting

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Even if you need to take a year off, you can get all your gains back in a few months. Just rest up and heal for now

Jor-El

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First thing I do when I get in the gym is shoulder cuff hardening,
Sounds good,could you elaborate a bit ? Im always wary of tearing this and loads in my gym have..seems to be the lifters curse

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds good,could you elaborate a bit ? Im always wary of tearing this and loads in my gym have..seems to be the lifters curse
Athlean-x did a decent video on it a while back,

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Injured myself at gym just before NYE. Going to PCP today for follow up. Svcks!!!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had rotator cuff problems several years back, it was messed up for like nine months IIRC. Eventually I got some resistance bands and started doing some rehab exercises like the ones in the video @EyeOnThePrize posted. I was skeptical, but it really did help a lot. Feels good a new now.