"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

First Date Tips

LonelyGuy2k4

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 10, 2004
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Well this is my first time posting on this board but here it goes. I want to know whats appropriate to do on the first date. Its pretty sad because it would actually be my first date ever. So I really don't know what to do. I thought at most I would try and hold her hand during the movie but Im afraid she'll freak or something. Anyone got advice on this subject? It would really help me out. Thanks.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Don't try to plan ahead of time "how far you're going to get". Instead, engage her, see how she responds to you, and escalate where you feel the both of you are comfortable with escalation.
 

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
310
Reaction score
9
Location
England
I've gotta say mate, I don't think a movie is the best place to go for a first date.

It's easier, I find, to go for a drink or something where you can talk to her and slip in a few DJ tactics. Then she'll usually be wanting the kino to come on, as apose to you grabbing her hand out of the blue which might actually freak her out.

If I were you I'd suggest going for something to eat or drink either before or after the movie, before would probably be better because if you can start the kino before the movie then it's unlikely she'd be freaked out if you held her hand during the movie.
 

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 10, 2004
Messages
523
Reaction score
2
look it doesn't matter

what is more important that you are smooth cool and confident ...

thats the underlying thing you need
 

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
movie isnt really a good place 4 a 1st date. i do movie/dinner sometimes. it works w/ some girls, others it just doesnt feel right.

n e way:

you just gotta play things as they go, you cant plan how things happen, b/c they almost never happen that way.

stop planning, just be cool, smooth, and knock her off her feet. you'll know how to react
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
the movie/dinner date is usually a no-no.. but there are those chicks.. the rare ones that enjoy talking and being enthusiastic about the movie.

if you're going to do a movie, make sure it's action/comedy/romance variety.. nothing horror or romantic - save that for later.
 

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 29, 2001
Messages
431
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by DJ_Dork
the movie/dinner date is usually a no-no.. but there are those chicks.. the rare ones that enjoy talking and being enthusiastic about the movie.

if you're going to do a movie, make sure it's action/comedy/romance variety.. nothing horror or romantic - save that for later.
Sex and the City said it best when Carrie notes that it's a couple on their 3rd date.
Generally a good date is a casual one like a coffee or something very simple...something where both parties can make a quick and easy exit, instead of a night of agony.
 
Top