Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

First Date; One Question:

Ice882

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you guys think about telling a girl she looks good at the beginning of your first date?

example: I see her coming and I go "oooowwww" and when she's close enough I tell her "damn girl, you almost look good enough to be seen with this (point to self)"

And please, don't flame. Or make ridiculous assumptions about my character or the situation based on nothing at all. Thanks.

blinkwatt101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude no need to play games. Just be a gentlemen and say 'wow you look amazing' while looking in her eyes.

Ice882

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
blinkwatt101 said:
Dude no need to play games. Just be a gentlemen and say 'wow you look amazing' while looking in her eyes.
I don't want to lose the high ground, though. By that I mean I don't want to have her stop qualifying herself to me i.e. keeping myself the prize.

That's my only concern with being straight up like that.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, i'd never consider doing anything like that.

I know some people like to work compliments, but like you said i find myself that u immedietly lose ground and DLV.

Its generally a good principle to ignore a womans looks completely in your mindframe. If you must compliment give a compliment about a thing she does which you 'think is cute' or is funny; whatever would work for you.

Especially on a first date it sounds like the kinda thing that wud put her value above you and work against you.

Just be a gentlemen and say 'wow you look amazing' while looking in her eyes
that sounds very nerdy and beta.

Reaction score
I believe that the only way I'm giving a girl compliments on her looks is when she's earned it. When we are alone for the first time, meaning she's agreed to be alone with me and we're hanging out... She's earned a compliment on her looks from me, every time.. To me, she's basically agreed to have sex. She's earned it, mind you, that I know of.. Most girls don't appreciate an over zealous guy, don't pressure the statement on her.. If you're nice and honest in your compliment. I believe that she'll have sex with you. Doesn't matter who the aforementioned girl is.

Last edited:

mtlwlu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I havent seen this one plate all summer since schools been out, now that schools back, once we got together I used the line "Theres the one girl I wanted to see!" gave her a big hug and then started conversing... like another poster said, be gentlemen like, try to avoid slang unless youre from Harlem or taking her to a fastfood restaurant.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
stop over thinking this sh1t theres nothing wrong with a genuine compliment

Ice882

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Any more opinions?

I'm leaning towards delivering the compliment in a sarcastic, C and F way... get the point across and charm her but still keep my value.

DannyM

Don Juan
Reaction score
The fact you kiss a girl your attracted to is surely complimenting her looks??? So why the need to do it before?

Luscious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ice882 said:
What do you guys think about telling a girl she looks good at the beginning of your first date?

example: I see her coming and I go "oooowwww" and when she's close enough I tell her "damn girl, you almost look good enough to be seen with this (point to self)"

And please, don't flame. Or make ridiculous assumptions about my character or the situation based on nothing at all. Thanks.
The first part is alright. Nothing wrong with opening with a compliment to loosen her up and plow through any awkward first moments.

The second part is trash. You don't need that and you run the risk of setting the wrong tone and torpedoing the whole date.

Just be a gentleman, tell her she looks very good, and open conversation. If you're desperate to open conversation and you hit a wall, pick out a part of her outfit (shoes, earrings, whatever stands out to YOU the most...not her bra, that's bad) and open with that. Open with whatever. The compliment should be enough to loosen her up.