Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

First Date: Car Music

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I listen to classical music because that's the only thing I keep in the car. Or else we have a laugh at the talk shows.

Oh, and I also realise upbeat r&b/techno will get her in a more horny mood, but since I hate that stuff, I'd rather do it myself.

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fatility, I'm with you man. If you bust out Frank Sinatra in the car on a first date she'll think you learned your DJ skills from your grandfather.

Why does everyone have to try to tear my man down for asking a question? Its a valid question, after all.

That whole "just do whatever you want to do, and if she doesn't like it, fukk her" thing strikes me as juvenile. I'm not saying you have to change who you are for a girl, but use a little common sense, if a sweet little thing sits down in your car with her little mini skirt and designer sunglasses, chances are cranking slipknot up as loud as possible won't work.

Are you on this date to listen to music or get with this girl?

If you are actually going to put effort into thinking about what music to listen to in the car listen to something you can talk to her about (isn't part of the first date to keep convo going?)

Last week I was out with a girl (we're both in our early twenties) and I put in an Oasis CD that came out in 7th grade. She went nuts and we talked about all the groups that were huge in middle school like Oasis, Wallflowers, No Doubt. It sparked a big conversation. We sang along and had a good time. There was none of that uncomfortable silence, noone knows what to say stuff going on.

But what's more than that is neither of us actually had to TRY to make the conversation move along. It was natural and not contrived in the least.

Do you think that would've happened if I put in slipknot?

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lost In Translation u have any eurobeat in that car of yours??

anyways dude listen to whatever the hell you want to listen to ... it doesnt matter what it is... as long as it's the sh*t you're into... even if it's frank sinatra. It all depends on the way you act while listening... you can tell when someone is listening to music they usually dont listen to, this will reallly be detected by the girl and she'll know you're trying to make her "happy" or wateva. Oh yeah and remember VOLUME! dont put the music full blast!!! that'll basically mean u dont wanna talk to her (heh you can do taht if you're pissed off at her for some reason after the date)

Yep and music does bring about a very interesting conversation (i find myself talking to who ever sits in my car about my eurobeat and the history of it... it's something that not many ppl have heard... a rare genre =))

bottom line is ... listen to whatever you want.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by McKindley
Fatility, I'm with you man. If you bust out Frank Sinatra in the car on a first date she'll think you learned your DJ skills from your grandfather.

Why does everyone have to try to tear my man down for asking a question? Its a valid question, after all.

That whole "just do whatever you want to do, and if she doesn't like it, fukk her" thing strikes me as juvenile. I'm not saying you have to change who you are for a girl, but use a little common sense, if a sweet little thing sits down in your car with her little mini skirt and designer sunglasses, chances are cranking slipknot up as loud as possible won't work.

If you are actually going to put effort into thinking about what music to listen to in the car listen to something you can talk to her about (isn't part of the first date to keep convo going?)

Last week I was out with a girl (we're both in our early twenties) and I put in an Oasis CD that came out in 7th grade. She went nuts and we talked about all the groups that were huge in middle school like Oasis, Wallflowers, No Doubt. It sparked a big conversation. We sang along and had a good time. There was none of that uncomfortable silence, noone knows what to say stuff going on.

But what's more than that is neither of us actually had to TRY to make the conversation move along. It was natural and not contrived in the least.

YEAH - CLASSIC OASIS!!! :) Were the bomb back in the day, or what?:cool:

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nightspark

anyways dude listen to whatever the hell you want to listen to ... it doesnt matter what it is... as long as it's the sh*t you're into... even if it's frank sinatra. It all depends on the way you act while listening... you can tell when someone is listening to music they usually dont listen to, this will reallly be detected by the girl and she'll know you're trying to make her "happy" or wateva. Oh yeah and remember VOLUME! dont put the music full blast!!! that'll basically mean u dont wanna talk to her (heh you can do taht if you're pissed off at her for some reason after the date)

bottom line is ... listen to whatever you want.
that's exactly what I'm saying.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by McKindley

Who knows maybe she likes Slipknot. Putting in an Oasis cd isn't going to turn into a great conversation with every chick.

If a girl dumps you for not playing her type of music or romantic music than you never really had much of a shot to begin with. If you need romantic music to get her in the mood than you really need to step up your game.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ok here it is again for the crack babies

b*tch asks you about all the music you playing, frank sinatra, elvis etc etc... tell her they all old dead people see how she feels.

i was talking about YOU. all the guys that posted about the old music they listen too.

thats why it says YOU twice.

i don't play frank sinatra in my car.

what ever music people listen to is all good.

BUT

if you seriously got some HB9 in your car, you are going to throw it all away to listen to KennY Chesney " she thinks my tractors sexy " ??? WTF ???

JUST cause you think thats what a DJ would do ???

listen to whatever music he wants ? fu** the chick if she don't understand at least my mom says i'm special so it must be true ?

GET OFF THE DRUGS !!!

or whatever music is going to make this b*tch wet ?

damn guys no wonder you ain't go no women with your ATTITUDE

" f*ck the chicks i will listen to whatever i want "

pft ! you guys suck !

Lost In Translation

Quote: PuertoRican_Lover
“ the 'pimp' mentality works today because you are living in a time such that there are an overabundance if hors - this is the Pimps playground!! Pimps and hors go together like bread and butter - they are complementary natures!!! Pimps need hors like hors need pimps!! “

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what is some good music to put a girl in the mood without coming off as presumptuous? Last thing I wanna do is pick up a chick for the first time and pop a Barry White CD in the deck.

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm kind of going slightly off-topic but it's closely related so it's fine.

How would most women 19-23 react to 60s-80s rock/pop music?

That's generally what I listen to. I either listen to that or silence.

I don't really like anything else. I might listen to jazz, but not that often.

One thing I won't do, is play a certain type of music because I think she will like it, even if I hate it. I'm not a fan of rap or country, so I definately won't play that. Besides, in clubs they play enough rap anyway.

So which would work better for me?
A) Play what I like, or B) Silence.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. Generally when someone, anyone else is in the car (apart from me, of course), I don't play music. I rarely have a second person around though so I usually play it. The only exception might be if it's a long trip, though I don't always play the music even then (provided someone else is with me on the trip). Is that practice such a great idea?

Ben

§NøØÞ¥™

Reaction score
I suggest IZZ's "I Move" album, a pretty wide range of styles on one single CD.

I usually play what I WANT while driving my car, and I don't give a damn thing if somebody doesn't like the music I'm listening , anyways, while in a date and if I feel something special going on between me and my girl then I would take and play some of her requests. So far this has turned out well for me, you're clearly telling her you're not gonna lick her boots to win her but at the same you're nice and considerate.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a man with a plan :

one of the first things i ask a girl when building repoire is -

what types of music do you listen to ?

guys it is that damn simple.

i have every and i mean every type of music in my car.

even classical

even 60s - 70s - 80s usually some greatest hits

even opera ( andrea boccelli etc. )

i even got the theme song to the movie Aladdin by pea beau brison *dunno how to spell his name*

i listen to mainly rap music but i go 80s 90s throwback alot

but whatever the chick is into i can throw something on

i once met a girl who was 18 and she was into classical music. she hated guys who drive red cars ( my car is red lol ) and guys that pretty much do everything i do.

i get this b*tch out on the first night, i start playing my tunes. she was not impressed. i try a few others. she says she likes classical.

BOO YAA i throw on a classical cd and the b*tch is blown away

a bad boy with taste is classical music ???

i had it all and she knew it ;)

second date we ended up at a cheap motel THAT I TALKED HER INTO PAYING FOR and i f*cked her. and she was a virgin ahaha !

the moral to the story is you can be flexible with the music to win a b*tch over, you gotta be. women and men are different. understand that for a women the music is a BIG PART of the game. why do b*tches all go to clubs ? to dance to the music. they cannot help but shake their a$$. what type of music does it take to make them wet / horny skae their a$$ ?

WHATEVER IT TAKES ( usually r&b / rap / hip-hop )

i remember back when i used to go to house parties i used to pull up to a park full of people, no music , i would crank Notorius B.I.G - hypnotise and b*tches would literally run over next to my car and start dancing against EACH OTHER.

why don't guys do that ?

we are different. just like the dj skills we learn on this site you have to learn to appreciate how powerful the BEAT is to b*tches.

one of my favourite past times is where i live there is a spot where all the hottest cars go to show off and race. i drive down there with my subwoofer on full effect and i can literally make other guys girlfriends START DANCING.

women cannot help it. just accept it as fact and use it against them.

Lost In Translation

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

Quote: PuertoRican_Lover
“ the 'pimp' mentality works today because you are living in a time such that there are an overabundance if hors - this is the Pimps playground!! Pimps and hors go together like bread and butter - they are complementary natures!!! Pimps need hors like hors need pimps!! “