Finding the real you...

Caldus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like I know who I am and then sometimes I don't. I'm beginning to think that maybe I still haven't found the real me. I know this sounds kind of vague, but I think you all know what I am talking about.

Dante3214

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's extremely metaphorical, I wouldn't worry about it.

Give it time and you may find that there is no "you".

"You" are simply the culmination of experiences molded into human form. Sadly, the "you" that you are pondering about, is only your conscious mind.

NEVER EVER forget that "you" are human, and are subject to irrational feelings, desires, and actions. Don't worry about it man, just try focusing on making things better, always.

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol

This is so philisophical. Ya know what I learned after studying philiosophy for 6 months? That you will drive yourself crazy trying to find the answer to life.:D

Dante3214

Don Juan
Reaction score
Meh... I find it hard to even think about it anymore.

It almost hurts!....

... Like swallowing a couple ice cubes...

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_%28social_science%29

The psychological idea of identity in humans is related to self image, namely a person's view or mental model of him or herself, usually known as their personal identity (see identity crisis and the work of Erik Erikson.)

Sociology recognizes the concept of identity negotiation where a person has multiple identities that relate to different aspects of their life and personality and "negotiates" with society as to the meaning of that identity in their life.

and there's more...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_%28philosophy%29

In philosophy, the self is the idea of a unified being which is the source of an idiosyncratic consciousness. Moreover, this self is the agent responsible for the thoughts and actions of an individual to which they are ascribed. It is a substance, which therefore endures through time; thus, the thoughts and actions at different moments of time may pertain to the same self (See John Locke's theory of consciousness as the basis of personal identity). As the notion of subject, the "self" has been harshly criticized by Nietzsche at the end of the 19th century, on behalf of what Gilles Deleuze would call a "becoming-other".

Many quotations assert that to truly know thyself is the most difficult thing to achieve. Thales of Miletus, when asked what was difficult, answered in a well-known apophthegm: "To Know Thyself" (γνῶθι σεαυτόν), also attributed to Socrates, and inscribed on the Temple of Apollo at Delphi. Lao Zi in his Tao Te Ching says "Knowing others is wisdom | Knowing the self is enlightenment. | Mastering others requires force | Mastering the self requires strength."

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just face it..... you are GAY!!!!

just kidding.

it is one in the morning, too late to think philisophically for me.