Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Finding a look/style

rdzntz422.MYZ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being a bit newer to this atmosphere, I was hoping to hear from some experienced members. Particularly members that could help me find a look or style. I can dress nice here and there and my looks aren't bad. I'm hoping to find a better look though. Short hair, long hair? Slicked back? Paint my nails? Rockstar? Fitness? Vampire look? If anyone has good taste and could help with fashion or changing my 'look' I'd appreciate it. Send me a DM and I can send you some photos, thanks.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Regarding a great hair style, get some advice from the most recommended high quality male stylist in your area. They can advise you on what would go best with your facial shape and features. To look your best, get the best experienced advice and cut.

rdzntz422.MYZ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's feminine to spend so much time worrying about your hair
Honestly I agree, but my hair is unlike anyone's I've ever seen, so I don't think anyone would be able to make it look super good anyways. It doesn't look bad though, and I'm trying to figure out more of a flashy style. You know, like should I wear piercings, body art or what? Can anyone recommend a stylish website?

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most men follow the style of the men who excel at their hobbies and passions. Every group has a casual look that defines them.

As fo a good start...Read around in Here: https://www.artofmanliness.com/style/

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
I would suggest a GQ subscription. It's $15/year. You'll get some great ideas from those pages.

Secondly, I can suggest some amazing clothing brands that won't break your bank.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this seems like it goes without saying,but it is very important that your clothes fit you.Baggy clothes are not a good look obviously,but you’d be surprised at how many guys throw on stuff that’s a size or half a size too big.This doesn’t mean always wear extremely tight fitting shirts lol.

Also,well fitting clothes complement your physique,doubly so if you go to the gym.You must wear your clothes instead of your clothes wearing you.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
I know this seems like it goes without saying,but it is very important that your clothes fit you.Baggy clothes are not a good look obviously,but you’d be surprised at how many guys throw on stuff that’s a size or half a size too big.This doesn’t mean always wear extremely tight fitting shirts lol.

Also,well fitting clothes complement your physique,doubly so if you go to the gym.You must wear your clothes instead of your clothes wearing you.
True that.

It's not a challenge to be a 1% man in today's society.

I was downtown over the weekend; saw a guy in a Superman shirt and bright red shorts, wearing goggles.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have shoulder length hair right now, not done growing it yet... Didn't really give it much thought
until I had a curry at work last week on my break and tied it back while I ate so I wouldn't end up with curry
in my hair. Went back down to the warehouse after my break and carried on working. One of the girls
came running up to me and gasped "Oh my god, where's your hair???" because I normally have it down
at work. We work in a refrigerated warehouse so more or less everybody wears some kind of hat. I turned
and said there it is and she replied "Thank god for that, your hair is beautiful, we all talk about it..."

I guess for now I'm still going with the rockstar look for the most part, tats, pierced ears, long hair and I do play
guitar and drums so I guess it's the right path for me. I can scrub up quite well though, went out last weekend
in trousers, shirt and tie and a waistcoat and looked just as comfortable as I do in ripped jeans and a black t-shirt.
I'm quite lucky though as more or less any hairstyle suits me and I've had loads over the years from a #1 buzzcut
to almost waist length hair, coloured hair, plaits, mohawks, spiked, box cut, french crop and more than a few
others. My advice... Women love hair, I've had them coming up to me in the street and asking to touch mine
before now when it's been very long. I wash and condition every other day, it's dead straight naturally and quite
easy to work with. Do something interesting with yours. As for tats, I like them best when they peek out around
clothing but are 90% hidden. Gets them wondering what's under there. If your hair is untameable, then hats my
friend... Hats. I have a fair few of those too and you can really mix up your look, especially if you also wear glasses.
Agree with wearing stuff that FITS your shape, even if you have to take it to be altered, which is relatively cheap
to have done. I buy designer stuff second hand and then pay £10-£20 to have it altered to fit better if it doesn't
already. Finally accessorise! Jewellery, shiny watches, bracelets and bangles, keychains, belts, tie pins. All easy ways
to bling up a fairly plain outfit.

rdzntz422.MYZ

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have shoulder length hair right now, not done growing it yet... Didn't really give it much thought
until I had a curry at work last week on my break and tied it back while I ate so I wouldn't end up with curry
in my hair. Went back down to the warehouse after my break and carried on working. One of the girls
came running up to me and gasped "Oh my god, where's your hair???" because I normally have it down
at work. We work in a refrigerated warehouse so more or less everybody wears some kind of hat. I turned
and said there it is and she replied "Thank god for that, your hair is beautiful, we all talk about it..."

I guess for now I'm still going with the rockstar look for the most part, tats, pierced ears, long hair and I do play
guitar and drums so I guess it's the right path for me. I can scrub up quite well though, went out last weekend
in trousers, shirt and tie and a waistcoat and looked just as comfortable as I do in ripped jeans and a black t-shirt.
I'm quite lucky though as more or less any hairstyle suits me and I've had loads over the years from a #1 buzzcut
to almost waist length hair, coloured hair, plaits, mohawks, spiked, box cut, french crop and more than a few
others. My advice... Women love hair, I've had them coming up to me in the street and asking to touch mine
before now when it's been very long. I wash and condition every other day, it's dead straight naturally and quite
easy to work with. Do something interesting with yours. As for tats, I like them best when they peek out around
clothing but are 90% hidden. Gets them wondering what's under there. If your hair is untameable, then hats my
friend... Hats. I have a fair few of those too and you can really mix up your look, especially if you also wear glasses.
Agree with wearing stuff that FITS your shape, even if you have to take it to be altered, which is relatively cheap
to have done. I buy designer stuff second hand and then pay £10-£20 to have it altered to fit better if it doesn't
already. Finally accessorise! Jewellery, shiny watches, bracelets and bangles, keychains, belts, tie pins. All easy ways
to bling up a fairly plain outfit.
Hell yeah. I actually just bought some rings. I think jewelry is a good move and I'm sure it's a great conversation starter. As for the hair I think I figured it out. I looked for styles that would accentuate my facial features and head shape. Also, let me know some good clothing brands that are on the cheaper side.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most men look better with short hair. Sure, some women will really like long hair, but its a polarizing move in my opinion. Mens faces generally suit shorter styles, in the same way women look better with longer hair.

Also, isn't GQ a bit too fashion orientated? As in you may look really try hard/feminine with a lot of the poncey stuff they pump out? Maybe it works ok in London, New York etc, but in my large town you'd look a bit of an idiot wearing some of the 'fashion' they print.

I prefer half decent designer brand styles that don;t look extreme/try hard, but fit really well. Slim fit jeans, t shirts, jumpers etc, nice boots/shoes, couple of nice coats. Key imo is being/looking in good shape, over spending loads on clothes. You'll look better in a relatively cheap, well fitted t shirt, jeans, than being overweight in designer stuff.

Like I say, its not a case of spending hours getting ready, being too feminine, but choosing simple, nice looking, masculine stuff, rather than wandering around in baggy stone wash jeans, ill fitting sports t shirts/coats, sports trainers like a lot of men seem to do.

Last edited:

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have quite a narrow face, longer hair on me has the effect of widening it. I more often than not buy
clothes at the supermarket. Usually I'd buy slim fit STRETCH jeans (so much more bollock friendly than
ordinary denim and easier to move about in) from the supermarket at about £15 a pair. I wear these to
work and I wear these going out as well. Supermarkets are great for things like plain T shirts, I get these
3 for £5 in a variety of colours. Add a statement jacket, something like a Brando style biker Jacket, a pair
of brightly coloured retro style trainers, (I'm currently rocking forest green suede Puma shoes with white soles
and a white stripe) a nice belt, a shiny watch, a bracelet or two plus an understated neck chain and you
have a classic masculine look that you can go just about anywhere without a formal dress code and fit right
in. My hair isn't quite long enough to tie back yet so I'm also wearing an Alice band to keep it tidy and out of my face.

Swap the Brandon coat for a puffa jacket, swap the trainers for some chunky lace up boots, add a beanie
and a scarf and you have a nice autumn/winter look. It's easy to get a completely different look thanks to
the accessories. Buy a few shades of stretch jeans in whatever you find that fits you well, I have everything from
black to faded blue jeans and wear whatever fits well with the occasion/outfit.

Can't go wrong with a bomber jacket, I have an un padded navy blue one that I wear in warmer weather when I
want to have a jacket on. Again from the supermarket, it was maybe £20.

For somewhere more formal, I'd opt for a pair of black or grey trousers , pale brown brogues, a collarless button
up shirt(long sleeve but with the sleeves rolled up to show my forearm tats) and I'd accessorise with a pair of black
braces a ring or two and a nice watch.

When I want to dress right down I wear black jogging pants, retro flat trainers and either a plain/printed tee or if
it's hot a vest top to show off those tats I spent a fortune on. If the event requires FULL formal dress, then hire a
suit. That way if like me your weight and size fluctuates you'll have something that fits properly. I'd never buy a suit
for the simple fact that I very rarely attend events that require it and they are very expensive things to buy if you
get anything decent, just to find out that you've gained or lost weight since you last wore it and it doesn't fit right.

Finally I'd add my favourite top tip for clothes buying and that's using EBAY and a free auction sniper app. (Auctionstealer
is my preferred one as you get 4 free snipes a month) I buy a lot of my motorcycle kit the same way and have bagged
some utter bargains over the years, the last clothing snipe was a pair of Ted Baker trousers for £25. I even got my 4
seater leather sofa with a snipe for the same price £25. It was absolutely spotless and as new, the seller paid £2000 for
it when they bought it new. It looks great in my house and will last me for many years. I take great pleasure that it
only cost me as much as a takeaway meal for two.

Last edited:
Reactions: B80

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Clothes can make a big difference, it's important to get the right set of clothes that match your style. Men today have to use every tool at their disposal to stand out and surpass the competition.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah dude paint your nails..smh.
Mystery did it, and he's the granddaddy of the PUA movement. Well, one of them, anyway.
But yeah, I don't like that look either. But it isn't meant to appeal to me. The question is if there is a certain type of girl that likes it. Steven Tyler and people like that do it.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
Clothes can make a big difference, it's important to get the right set of clothes that match your style. Men today have to use every tool at their disposal to stand out and surpass the competition.

It's amazing how a 30 minute makeover can turn a 6 into an 8.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm jacked.

Everything looks and feels good to me.

I wear things which allows me to run and climb or even fight someone who pushes my boundaries.

My style:

Short military cut - Hair can't be grabbed
Groomed beard - Thick not long

Black stretchy jeans.
A plain tight fit shirt.
I wear a watch that matches my jeans.
Old tattoos from my past.

Black basketball high ankle shoes
Top end Rockports on formal occasions

Issey Miyake everyday.

I shower, brush groom and take care of my nails and skin.

Maybe this old school of thought puts me at a disadvantage compared to all the guys peacocking, but I digress