Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Find Your SMV

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the general idea of @cola ’s thread. However, I believe it can be simplified further.

A mans SMV (assuming fitness and style are maximized) outside of school environment is based on resources, location, and height. Income is the easiest metric, as it correlates with social status.
To find yours, start with annual income in dollars:

10: $1,000,000+

9: $250,000+

8: $100,000+

7: $80,000+

6: $60,000+

5: $50,000+

Then, adjust for height.

If 6’ to 6’5, +1
If 5’6 or shorter -1

Finally, adjust for location:
If you do NOT live in a “power city,” +1. Power cities include NYC, LA, SF Bay Area, London, Toronto, and their equivalents.

Examples:
Joe, 6’1, is a laborer in Cleveland, Ohio with an annual income of $85,000. Joe’s SMV would be 9.

Chauncey, 5’6, is an electrical engineer in San Francisco, CA with an annual income of $160,000. Chauncey’s SMV would be 7.

Why does this matter?
Due to female hypergamy, a man should expect to consistently date women a point or two lower than his SMV. Joe would have his pick of 7s and 8s. Chauncey will likely be with the 5s and 6s.

Thoughts? Where do you rank?

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know who came up with this but this seems to be a solid start. :up:

I think one thing overlooked is race unfortunately, which can work for or work against you depending on the region.

Also if you're in one of the major cities that have specific neighborhoods that have more prestige than others, just mentioning what neighborhood you live in can slightly add to this as well.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This sounds like it applies if you are doing the "interview to make babies later" that is most people's concept of dating, but if you just want to get laid, smv is more than income and looks. Personality goes a long way.
For SMV it is all income and looks. Personality keeps is what keeps her long term.

It can apply to one night stands as well. Reason being HB8+ women typically don’t go to clubs and bars. If they do, they are in VIP with the highest SMV men. The other ONS locations - vacations & professional conventions are also income based.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For SMV it is all income and looks.
Then there would be no point to this web site. There would also be no broke guys getting laid anywhere with attractive women. I don't deny your own experience, but I live in an area where almost everyone is poor. Women need to get laid more than they need to get laid by a guy with a good job. There are a lot more horny women than there are men with good jobs.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This sounds a bit absurd since for looks you only have height. You have no consideration of race, jawline, etc....

Take Eliot Roger, he drove around on a BMW and women still didn't take him on.

Anyway, based on your SMV criteria, my income would put me into a 2 SMV, yet I don't feel income sensitive at all. My post writings feels more race sensitive than income sensitive. I'm not Black enough to attract white women who have a fetish for Black men, and I'm not white enough to attract ethnics who would have a fetish for white men. Other people, who claimed to very successful, such as @BigDave, (his alias does not light up) claimed he was a very successful car salesman with his own home and investments, yet because he was not stereotypically white enough, he wasn't unable to attract olive-skin complexion Latin women that he badly craved. He was from Armenia and could easily pass for white, but again, not white enough.

Same thing with OP if he had the misfortune of having Yellow Fever. As he does not have yellow fever, then the SMV formula will work with him. The worst thing for an ethnicel to get is yellow fever.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I mean according to this I would be an 8...8 on income, -1 for height and +1 for no power city.

I typically date 6.5-7.5 with an occasional 8. And sometimes a 6 but that would be for banging only.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is for a bit of fun but not to be taken seriously. I don't see this panning out in numerous real-world examples I can think of.

It doesn't account for facial aesthetics, build/fitness, or personality.

I know a lot of high-earning guys in the average-tall height range who can only consistently pull pretty mediocre women, because they just aren't that handsome and/or they have dull, or arrogant (insecure) personalities.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then there would be no point to this web site. There would also be no broke guys getting laid anywhere with attractive women. I don't deny your own experience, but I live in an area where almost everyone is poor. Women need to get laid more than they need to get laid by a guy with a good job. There are a lot more horny women than there are men with good jobs.
Well yes but not exactly. Most guys coming to this site have trouble keeping the girl or just aren’t getting the HB8+ that they want. Most of the guys on here have enough positive things going for them to bed chicks

This sounds a bit absurd since for looks you only have height. You have no consideration of race, jawline, etc....
For the purpose of this post, the man is near his peak physical form (which helps jawline). Race isn’t the big a factor people make it out to be. A fat broke white guy isn’t going to pull hot chicks just because he is white. Also keep in mind there are HB8+ of all races.

I mean according to this I would be an 8...8 on income, -1 for height and +1 for no power city.

I typically date 6.5-7.5 with an occasional 8. And sometimes a 6 but that would be for banging only.
Good stuff. would you say this theory holds?

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that you put way too much accent on the money side

I would say that how you look is more important than the money you make at the beginning . For ltr their Importance starts Being more signifies . But only then

money is important only if you also invest them into your super interesting lifestyle , otherwise they are worthless

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Well yes but not exactly. Most guys coming to this site have trouble keeping the girl or just aren’t getting the HB8+ that they want. Most of the guys on here have enough positive things going for them to bed chicks

For the purpose of this post, the man is near his peak physical form (which helps jawline). Race isn’t the big a factor people make it out to be. A fat broke white guy isn’t going to pull hot chicks just because he is white. Also keep in mind there are HB8+ of all races.

Good stuff. would you say this theory holds?
Well I would say this holds way more for me than being in great shape holds.

I have zero issues getting women regardless if I am 180 or 210. Same quality level. In some ways I find it easier when I am heavier. I have a muscular build and still appear muscular even with added weight so maybe that is helpful.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jeezus wtf is up with some of you guys. If you like the women. Go talk to her. If she don't like you thats her issue. Not yours.
Improve yourself without analyzing this area. It doesnt help you at all to worry about it.
Comparing yourself to other men is z frame killer.

DJ is a MINDSET
i think the topic here is to come up with a framework that can help analyze guys where their smv might be , and then knowing which areas you have to improve in order to improve your smv and hence attract higher caliber women with ease

I think is a really good idea

here is my take :

from a body perspective :

-1 if you are fat or too skinny
0 if you are not in shape
+1 if you are in shape
+2 if you have a really nice body

from a financial perspective

-1 if you barely have money to live from month to month
0 if you are doing okay
+1 if you have a premium lifestyle
+2 if you have a luxury lifestyle

From a height perspective

-1 if you are shorter than the average
0 if you are average or slightly above
+1 if you are above average

and This you can add them to your face rating

for example , if you are a 6 that is in shape , have a premium lifestyle and above average , then your smv is of a 9

if you are a 6 that is fat , barely have money for food and average in height , then you will be a 4

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats great but i think its an awful idea to obsess over this. Follow your passions and your goals create good connections with people and you will be fine.
I know guys that are 5'5 and carry a presence of 6'2. Presence is frame and frame is everything
i would say that your smv is as important as your frame , otherwise you will be as silly as a woman that is a 5 and acts like is a 9 :)

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats great but i think its an awful idea to obsess over this. Follow your passions and your goals create good connections with people and you will be fine.
I know guys that are 5'5 and carry a presence of 6'2. Presence is frame and frame is everything
This is meant to ballpark a realistic portrait of a mans market potential. It’s not an obsession. A 5’5 man can for sure be successful with women. However, it is delusional to think a 5’5 man making $70,000 in metro-NYC is going to have his pick of HB8+ women. Consider the access these women have and what kind of social circles they run in.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is meant to ballpark a realistic portrait of a mans market potential. It’s not an obsession. A 5’5 man can for sure be successful with women. However, it is delusional to think a 5’5 man making $70,000 in metro-NYC is going to have his pick of HB8+ women. Consider the access these women have and what kind of social circles they run in.
It is not realistic at all because you can't wear your income unless you have an expensive suit, shoes and jewelry on, and many rich people may keep a low profile on anyway. What you should say is if you dress like a pimp, sound like a pimp and have a solid social media following and are somewhat popular, then your SMV should hit the roof. Or you could have a boring office or white color job, have a big income, live very modestly and have a passive personality and guess what that income will do for you? If you can't wear it, or own it, then it doesn't exist and it's just an accounting thing. Oh, and BTW, anyone can borrow and get into debt to get any of the above things if they want a prop.