Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Financial Success = Less Women?

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the past 3 years, I've managed to double my income and now in a very good place, financially. Bought a house, I have a couple of cars and a couple of motorcycles, just to give an idea. However, I'm experiencing a decline in the amount of women I attract. I'm sure Covid plays a role in this but we're at the end of that and I'm still struggling to keep women's interest. I decided to do some inner reflection and my friend sent me this vid - because he knows my success rate with women has been typically high.
At the 7:20 mark, the guy starts to talk about the subject I'm referring to. Darius' response makes perfect sense. And I think my error has been to let women know that I'm well off and they could interpret it as being difficult. Because of this, I'm going to refrain from even saying what I do.

Woman Smacks Man & INSTANTLY Regrets It! - YouTube

M

member160292

And I think my error has been to let women know that I'm well off and they could interpret it as being difficult. Because of this, I'm going to refrain from even saying what I do.
Yup, nothing turns a woman off more than flaunting your success. You can bring up what you do, but don't talk financials - even downplay it and make them wonder.
Lead them back to your place and show your lifestyle, surprise them

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@jaymbrs what is it you told them that made them think you were well off?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are people so obsessed about getting a little decline here or there. It's not the same as an 8 + year dry-spell and being broke.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Also on owning your own pad: is it in a gentrifying “cool” neighborhood- close to fun nightlife or other things that women love?

If you’re in the ‘burbs that isn’t going to humidify a woman’s nethers. They don’t want to see women their own age with 2.5 kids, a Frenchie and a Volvo SUV.

What age ranges are you targeting?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also on owning your own pad: is it in a gentrifying “cool” neighborhood- close to fun nightlife or other things that women love?

If you’re in the ‘burbs that isn’t going to humidify a woman’s nethers. They don’t want to see women their own age with 2.5 kids, a Frenchie and a Volvo SUV.

What age ranges are you targeting?
This is a huge point. Few women are excited about the boring suburban home owning single guy unless they are about maximizing their beta bucks side of hypergamy.

@jaymbrs is 36, so I'm thinking this is mainly 30-35 year olds.

It's generally tougher to date in the suburbs than in the central city neighborhoods in most major US metros.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I tell them the truth; Im a cop. Most cops around here are not living on “Park Avenue” and people know it. What i dont tell them is that law enforcement only accounts for 10-15% of my income. The other 90-95% comes from my other job in IT. Thats where i make the green.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Successful men shouldn’t be trying wife to the waitress at Applebees.
The waitress at Applebee's isn't often some feminist/careerist woman. There's a case to be made that the waitress at Applebee's is likely a better wife material than some female doctor, lawyer, or middle/executive management woman in business.

The typical, successful white collar man is unlikely to meet a waitress, bartender, stripper, or retail store worker who is off duty during his daily life.

Reaction score
The waitress at Applebee's isn't often some feminist/careerist woman. There's a case to be made that the waitress at Applebee's is likely a better wife material than some female doctor, lawyer, or middle/executive management woman in business.

The typical, successful white collar man is unlikely to meet a waitress, bartender, stripper, or retail store worker who is off duty during his daily life.
What if the Applebee waitress is some unambitious person that is still there because she wasted her free time partying and smoking with Brayden and Jamal? She could easily just see you as a source for money/weed. You worked hard to get to where you are in life, so you really expect this woman to understand that and submit lol?

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think something like this is dependent upon the individual set of circumstances.

If you are in some sort of field where your career literally takes up your entire life it is obviously going to have a negative impact on your dating/relationship prospects. A good example of this would be someone who is a doctor, they have the status of having the title and often make well above average income but are also working substantially more than your typical 40 hour wage worker. A woman may be attracted to a man like this because of his status but overtime his lack of availability, both physically and emotionally, will have an impact on their relationship.

Aside from this, I don't think there is a reason to worry about financial success and decreased success with dating. Have you ever considered that it may just be that these women are just not really the right ones for you? There's no sense in analyzing if these women are walking away because they are insecure, or jealous or whatever. Something that comes to mind though is if you are experiencing increased success has something else in your life changed? You said that this has changed since COVID, have you been working more sense this time period, and thus being doing better financially, but been neglecting your health and fitness? I don't mean that as an insult but I've noticed that this has been a very common trend, both on here and in real life, where people have let their health go the last couple years.

Side note, I feel that flaunting wealth and success can turn a lot of people off, especially if it comes across as try hard or needing of attention. I'd also feel that this is a fantastic way to invite very fake people into your life that you shouldn't want around, whether they be gold digging women or phoney male friends who are looking to somehow benefit from being around you.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What if the Applebee waitress is some unambitious person that is still there because she wasted her free time partying and smoking with Brayden and Jamal? She could easily just see you as a source for money/weed. You worked hard to get to where you are in life, so you really expect this woman to understand that and submit lol?
A female doctor or lawyer will not be a submissive woman either. Women with business careers vary drastically. Some are non-supervisory role women just going through the motions of a 40 hour work week. These women are better girlfriend prospects than the middle to upper management ambitious female type.

I would rather date a dental hygienist than a dentist for instance. The dental hygienist makes a solid income in the $70,000s. That's enough for her to afford a decent 1 bedroom apartment and a decent car. A white collar guy in his 30s will make more than a dental hygienist. It's not that difficult for a 35 year old male to make $75,000+ with a bachelor's or master's degree and 10-13 years of experience. Some guys in the trades can also make more than dental hygienists too. Dental hygienists don't often have an inflated sense of self because they have a trade degree. It's actually one of the best trade occupations for women and a good career path that doesn't involve a bachelor's degree.

At my last cleaning/checkup, the dental hygienist was talking about her boyfriend. She was in a relationship that was less than a year long and she had that New Relationship Energy still going.

A female dentist would make more. Some dentists own or co-own a practice. Those dentists have even more stress whereas some other dentists are merely non-ownership employees in a larger practice. Either female dentist is going to be more of a careerist since they have an advanced degree, but the non-ownership employee dentist would be the better choice.

The waitress at Applebees or Hooters is less likely to have a bachelor's degree, similar to dental hygienist. Whereas the hygienist had enough dedication to complete a challenging professional certification program, the Hooters or Applebee's waitress likely hasn't, or she is currently in undergrad for a social sciences/liberal arts degree or business degree. Some might be smoking weed with Brayden and Jamal. Some might not have seen the point in going to college.

A lot of women who work at Hooters or Twin Peaks make salaries that are competitive with white collar workers, even experienced white collar workers. A 23 year old Twin Peaks waitress/bartender will definitely make more than a 23-27 year old recent college graduate male. Mid-30s guys in business roles finally get to exceed the incomes of a lot of Hooters/Twin Peaks girls.

If you are in some sort of field where your career literally takes up your entire life it is obviously going to have a negative impact on your dating/relationship prospects. A good example of this would be someone who is a doctor, they have the status of having the title and often make well above average income but are also working substantially more than your typical 40 hour wage worker. A woman may be attracted to a man like this because of his status but overtime his lack of availability, both physically and emotionally, will have an impact on their relationship.
In the past, women used to have a thing for male doctors. I haven't heard about this as much recently. A fair amount of male doctors/dentists would fulfill the beta bucks side of her hypergamy, with a few Alpha male type doctors thrown in.

A lot of doctors/business executives are not very available despite their big paychecks.

Some PUAs who live to lift weights and approach women have more notches than male doctors and lawyers.

I feel that flaunting wealth and success can turn a lot of people off, especially if it comes across as try hard or needing of attention. I'd also feel that this is a fantastic way to invite very fake people into your life that you shouldn't want around, whether they be gold digging women or phoney male friends who are looking to somehow benefit from being around you.
There are times when flaunting wealth will help a guy get laid. This was touched upon in one of my threads. However, there are plenty of men owning Rolexes and German luxury brand cars who aren't getting laid as much as one might think they are getting.

Gold digger women would be attracted. A lot of the gold digger type women are attractive. Many have nice breast implants.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's a paradox where the more high value you are, the more women are interested in you, but the less time you actually have to get women.

Another problem; if you're an accountant who needs to be in bed by 12am, can only go out on the weekends, needs to be able to pass a drug test and maintain a professional appearance, etc. It'll be a lot harder to be exciting, fun and sexy.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew I had to be specific with everything I said in my post. I don't go around flaunting the Lexus I drive or show pics of my house. I think that's beta BS. But generally the conversation includes asking what I do and the neighborhood I live in. Many times this results in a comment like "ooh you must do pretty good" and I don't deny it. Maybe I should?

To @Pierce.Manhammer and @SW15 's points, I do live in the suburbs BUT the places I frequent are within a 10 mile radius. Age range is mid to late 20s. And many of them are just starting out in their careers. As expected, I attract and hit it off with older women. I just don't enjoy their company because of all the BS they bring including kids. I guess it comes down to relatability.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I knew I had to be specific with everything I said in my post. I don't go around flaunting the Lexus I drive or show pics of my house. I think that's beta BS. But generally the conversation includes asking what I do and the neighborhood I live in. Many times this results in a comment like "ooh you must do pretty good" and I don't deny it. Maybe I should?
Lexus is well known for making a quality product.

To @Pierce.Manhammer and @SW15 's points, I do live in the suburbs BUT the places I frequent are within a 10 mile radius. Age range is mid to late 20s. And many of them are just starting out in their careers. As expected, I attract and hit it off with older women. I just don't enjoy their company because of all the BS they bring including kids. I guess it comes down to relatability.
If it all comes down to relatability, does a 25-29 year old childless woman relate to a 36 year old man who lives in the suburbs and drives a Lexus? The median age of a Lexus driver is over 50.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Exactly if you lived downtown near entertainment it would be different and would go better with the vibe of a woman 10-15 years your junior.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tell them the truth; Im a cop. Most cops around here are not living on “Park Avenue” and people know it. What i dont tell them is that law enforcement only accounts for 10-15% of my income. The other 90-95% comes from my other job in IT. Thats where i make the green.
Mike Lowwwwery

3A1B8EEA-D12E-41EE-9EE1-907EA2271205.jpeg