Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

fighting question

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
piranha45 said:
Yeah there must be something wrong with palm-heel strikes, as djdamage said, or we'd be seeing them in mma...
Its probably because a palm hit doesn't carry as much power as a fist punch.

As well as I am sure you are more likely to risk a wrist injury using a palm strike then a fist.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
piranha45 said:
Yeah there must be something wrong with palm-heel strikes, as djdamage said, or we'd be seeing them in mma...
Look up some of Bas Rutten's old clips on youtube when he was fighting pankration. The blows were devastating.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
That's true to certain extent but when you raise your palm, you also leave your wrist exposed while placing it in an awkward raised manner.

The safest method I would think is curling your arm and throwing a side elbow to someone's face. The bone in your elbow could probably absorb any shock recieved when it lands on someone's face or even using a downward elbow (which is illegal in the UFC due to its devastating injury potential) on someone head.
I agree, if you can somehow manage to throw a side elbow and be close enough to strike, you can take a very large person out. Another good method in a fight is to immediately dive for the attackers knee straight on, tearing his ACL. Its kind of a b1tch move, but it sure disables someone from chasing you.

My favorite move is to grab someone's hair and pull them toward me and to the ground. I have never seen anyone expect that.

slickaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you ever heard of the one hit kill that the ninjas learn?

its a special move where you slam your fist sideways with pressure with your other hand driving your fist into the other persons chest 2 inches below their sternum (or something).

it is proven to kill with one hit only. because it effs up the hearts rythm.
apparantly it gives such a huge shock its like using shock paddles to a beating heart.

the other is the muay thai knee to the chest move, that was proven to break ribs and potentially kill if you ruptured the heart muscle

Liberated

Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
And this is especially for the martial artists in the forum...

What do you think is the most devastating move there is? I'm not talking ground moves like BJJ chokes and locks. I mean as far as striking, where you can lay someone out with one movement. I guess another way of asking is what is the last move you would want someone to do against you in a fight? For the sake of argument, let's leave out kicks to the nuts.

If I had to guess, I would say a good, clean knee shot to the face is about as brutal as it gets. That's the last thing I think I'd want to experience in a fight. A hook punch to the temple would hurt like b*tch, or a punch to the throat too, or a head stomp, but something about the thought of taking the full brunt of a knee square to the face makes me flinch. And you know you're gonna be spitting out some teeth.
I like the Chin jab from the Fairbairn-sykes-applegate-mccann school. Just keep hitting him until he goes down.

DJKid

Banned
Reaction score
Colossus said:
Potentially devastating, but easy to break a hand. That's how Urijah Faber busted his mitt on sun against Mike Brown. I know in boxing the left hook has a high contact percentage as well.
I watched that fight, Mike Brown is a beast. I didn't see where Faber hurt his hand but any punch can cause a breakage without proper delivery or accidental slippage. Chuck Liddell used to lay out opponents in his prime with the overhand right

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJKid said:
I watched that fight, Mike Brown is a beast. I didn't see where Faber hurt his hand but any punch can cause a breakage without proper delivery or accidental slippage. Chuck Liddell used to lay out opponents in his prime with the overhand right
What the hell happen to Chuck? He just fell off the wagon didn't he?

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He got old, lost his chin.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
for most of the fights i have seen or been in there are rarely and good/clean hits. but for the best hit...a punch to the nose or maybe throat.

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a lot of weak points on the human body. You have points running down the center line of the body on the front and back as well as any spots covered while standing normally. The thing I was taught though was that in a real fight a person can shift just enough so that you miss the exact spot. The thing is to make every strike count and not just rely on a hit to a certain place to disable a person.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A devistating punch can occur with timing. If a guy leans into your punch it will do more damage. Punch a guy in the face when he is not ready will work too. Fake with your left and throw a right hook (example.)

saber

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
if the fight was life or death...

a karate chop to the front of the throat is certain death

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
saber said:
if the fight was life or death...

a karate chop to the front of the throat is certain death
I wonder what the legal implications are of getting in a fight(in self defense) and using a technique that resulted in death. You obviously wouldn't be charged with 1st degree murder but you might get a manslaughter charge and still do some time, even if you didn't intend to kill him.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The general rule with self-defense is that you may use an equal amount of force as your attacker, for the brief time period necessary to defend your safety. You are not supposed to use deadly force unless deadly force is aimed at you by your attacker.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no, the hadouken is intimidating and deadly. Nothing scream 'don't fvck with me,' more then a flaming ball of energy approaching you at a very slow speed.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
search1ng said:
no, the hadouken is intimidating and deadly. Nothing scream 'don't fvck with me,' more then a flaming ball of energy approaching you at a very slow speed.
Wow. That was sooo funny, I can't wait for another one.

Pleeease.

Please another one. Its so funny.

piranha45

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
allegory if you dont play nice with your blocks im going to put them up where you cant reach them.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
piranha45 said:
allegory if you dont play nice with your blocks im going to put them up where you cant reach them.
Sounds good to me. I'm bored with blockhead one and two anyways.

Latim

Don Juan
Reaction score
Knee-stomp done correctly will finish any fight against an opponentno matter the size difference. Watch Anderson Silva's fight against thales leites and just imagine if those were used on a regular person and you will get my drift.