"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

FIELD REPORT! Random pool hall.

donut dunker

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2003
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
tampa FL
When I found out me and some friends were gonna go to a pool hall I had low expectations. Very low. I thought all my friends were gonna get wasted and I have to drive them home.That all happened but after 3 hours or so i started talking to the waitress/bartender that was there. It was her (19) and a different one who was a mom and like 27.(Yikes!)Tehy were both good looking though. After talking for 15 mins I got interupted by my friends. Apparently they really wanted me to watch them play or something. So at about 2 they started to close. I finally got up the nerve to ask for her #. I was totally suprised when she agreed. I think I showed it too but I really couldn't help it. So since this is my first time ever number closing how long do I wait to call her and what should I do and such? Open to all suggestions.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
Dude, since you're a beginner, I'd say that you should call her after no more than 2 days. You see, the fresher you are in her mind, the better the chances. Just one day is too desperate.


And even though some people might say 5 days or even a week is perfect - think about it - if she was really into you she wouldn't give a flying fvck if you took her on a date right then and there. And if she wasn't really into you but was just being polite or had a boyfriend was but was too flattered/scared of being confrontational to say 'no', then it's better you find out sooner than later. You can move right on and waste less time that way. ;)
 

Phoebus

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 17, 2003
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
And even though some people might say 5 days or even a week is perfect - think about it - if she was really into you she wouldn't give a flying fvck if you took her on a date right then and there.
Jake, my boy, I think you've got it! All this sh!t that "DJ's" preach (you know, the guys who just sit by their computer waiting for a fresh post) is sh!t. Either she feels you or she doesn't. Sure, games can increase interest level, but it must be there first inorder for that to happen.

There are only a limited number of things this site can help wanna be's with. They are in the Bible. Other than that, don't ask questions. Have the balls to try and fail. You will learn yourself what works and what doesn't.

Nite, I will now drink some Bass, make a few calls, and pass out.
 

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
Originally posted by Phoebus
Jake, my boy, I think you've got it! All this sh!t that "DJ's" preach (you know, the guys who just sit by their computer waiting for a fresh post) is sh!t. Either she feels you or she doesn't. Sure, games can increase interest level, but it must be there first inorder for that to happen.

There are only a limited number of things this site can help wanna be's with. They are in the Bible. Other than that, don't ask questions. Have the balls to try and fail. You will learn yourself what works and what doesn't.

Nite, I will now drink some Bass, make a few calls, and pass out.

Bravo. :)



Oh, and thank you. ;)
 
Top