"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Field Report: I momentarily went full alpha on my date, lol

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 8, 2017
Messages
1,019
Reaction score
791
Age
35
I had a first date yesterday with this girl I met online. Sat in the bar and got a bit drunk together, I wasn't 100% sure about it off the bat but had a really good time.

Anyway we met online. Unexpectedly towards the end she suddenly started telling me how cool my messages were and said my opening message (which tbh I can't remember) was "miles better" than other guys.

"You really went straight in there and sounded really cool, it was really neat."

So without even thinking for some reason (I was a bit drunk) I leaned in close after this, stared her straight in the eyes with a dead serious look and said "So basically, what you're saying is that you think I'm the man. You think I'm the boss."

And she laughed, stroked her hair and said "Yeah, absolutely. That's what I mean."

Admittedly that was basically the end of the date (though she was dropping some pretty heavy innuendo at the end for next time) so it wasn't like I went further into full macho territory, but I was quite amazed I just suddenly did that so assertively without even thinking and got such a positive result. I guess I'm improving? Haha.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
Boldness usually pays off if done right.
Women are so tired of dealing with milk toast guys...
 

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
I had a first date yesterday with this girl I met online. Sat in the bar and got a bit drunk together, I wasn't 100% sure about it off the bat but had a really good time.

Anyway we met online. Unexpectedly towards the end she suddenly started telling me how cool my messages were and said my opening message (which tbh I can't remember) was "miles better" than other guys.

"You really went straight in there and sounded really cool, it was really neat."

So without even thinking for some reason (I was a bit drunk) I leaned in close after this, stared her straight in the eyes with a dead serious look and said "So basically, what you're saying is that you think I'm the man. You think I'm the boss."

And she laughed, stroked her hair and said "Yeah, absolutely. That's what I mean."

Admittedly that was basically the end of the date (though she was dropping some pretty heavy innuendo at the end for next time) so it wasn't like I went further into full macho territory, but I was quite amazed I just suddenly did that so assertively without even thinking and got such a positive result. I guess I'm improving? Haha.
I find when a woman gives in a little it tends to make you more comfortable to do bolder things. As soon as a woman lets her guard down, you gotta strike like you did. Props.
 
Top