Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Field report: girl on long distance relationship calls while I'm out for dinner with a plate

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys I need your input on how to proceed with this:

I have been dating a girl for 1 month, the sex is amazing and we have a great time when we hang out. But now she went to germany for 3 months to be with her family etc. I'm in Portugal, so we have been talking about visiting each other every month once per month during these 3 months and we keep regular contact on the phone etc, but nothing too clingy. She said that she would not behave like a single anymore, I answered:

"I would like to see how things develop between us... And it wouldnt make sense to me being with anyone else while im exploring a possibility of a future with you" which in effect put us in a long distance relationship.

Then yesterday, while I was out walking my dog I met a lovely canadian tourist, we chatted and she invited me for dinner, I accepted, as there would be no harm in just socializing.

While I'm at the dinner, my german girls calls me on the phone. I had 2 options, either excuse myself from the table and pickup the phone to speak with her outside the restaurant or not pick up. I decided to not pickup and the following texts ensued:

[20:26, 1/6/2022] JBS: Babe im having dinner with friends, can we talk another time?
[20:27, 1/6/2022] Manu Tdr Lgs 2021: Yes sure. Enjoy
[07:51, 1/7/2022] JBS: Hey babe,are you alright? Did something happened last night?
[07:51, 1/7/2022] JBS: Are you leaving the alps?
[08:33, 1/7/2022] Manu Tdr Lgs 2021: No everything is fine. Yes.
[08:50, 1/7/2022] JBS: Dont you need to quarantine in place?
[09:08, 1/7/2022] Manu Tdr Lgs 2021: No
[09:41, 1/7/2022] JBS: So what is your plan? Goong back to germany and quranteening there? Should we call later today?
[09:49, 1/7/2022] Manu Tdr Lgs 2021: Yes. No I needed you yesterday. I don’t want to talk to you. Give me a bit time.
[10:15, 1/7/2022] JBS: Well you said "enjoy"...
[10:16, 1/7/2022] JBS: when I asked if we could speak another time... why didn't say you needed me? I could have excused myself from the dinner and talk with you outside the restaurant...
[10:20, 1/7/2022] JBS: Sorry babe for any misunderstanding... but I started the new job this week which has been very intense, then I got invited to a dinner with some friends, and I didn't socialize in a while so I needed it. I dont think I did anything wrong... would you have prefered if I had picked up your call in the middle of the dinner? I wasnt able to give you proper attention, thats why I asked if we could speak another time... if you had said "no, i really need to speak with you now", I would have gone out of the restaurant to speak with you...

So what is your take on this guys? Did I do everything right? What is happening behind the scenes here? I would love some feedback
Thanks mates
A little too soft for my taste. Especially with a girl that lives in another country.

JBS sounds like the woman and Manu Tdr Lgs 2021 sounds or replies like a man. Short texts, no fluff. She has the upper hand, you don't. Also, don't lie. Be honest with her, you were having dinner with a friend. She needs to know you can walk away at any moment and create some sense of competition.

All in all, I don't believe in LDR anyway so I think you are wasting your time which is why apologizing and the whole babe and I'm sorry thing is a big no-no for me.

My two cents.

Modern Man Advice