Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fellas, this will save you time and trouble

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
the fundamental problem here is that you are forgetting that trying twice IS PERSISTENCE IN ITSELF! You tried once, got shot down, got back up and tried again. When a girl says NO the first time give her the benefit of the doubt, BUT IF SHE SAYS NO AGAIN??? I think she means it fellas.

Hard for guys to get it thru their heads that if a woman is really interested in you as a lover in any way she will give you a chance and won't turn you down back to back times. For example if a girl goes out with you the first time you ask her out she is attracted in you as a possible lover that is plain to see. If a girl turns you down the first time but goes out with you the 2nd time, you give her the benefit of the doubt for whatever reason she had but you know she wouldn't be giving you the time of day if she wasn't attracted to you as a possible lover.

I'm not saying confident persistence doesn't work, but if she got 2 strikes already and you keep on with "confident persistence" you are working with a girl that isn't giving you the interest level and you aren't attractive to her as a possible lover. Do you keep putting time and effort or do you go with girls that won't strike out the first 2 times? up to you.
you confuse persistance with neediness. neediness is what makes you unattractive by causing retarded behaviors like asking a girl out repeatedly when it's obvious she doesn't like you, or spending 20 mins combing through the two word text msg she sent you for IOI's. if you telegraph neediness, go ahead and use the rule. needy guys benefit from rules like these because they don't know any better

but once you reach a certain level, this is the type of rule that's meant to broken

I've probably broken every seduction rule that's been heralded as law on this site. I've called the same night without blowing myself out. I've run interview style conversation that looks boring on paper and gotten attraction. I use generic openers instead of the witty stuff you guys memorize. Why can I do this and you can't? Because it's all about the guy beneath the surface and his reality, not some rule

MisterMcGee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
I'm not saying confident persistence doesn't work, but if she got 2 strikes already and you keep on with "confident persistence" you are working with a girl that isn't giving you the interest level and you aren't attractive to her as a possible lover. Do you keep putting time and effort or do you go with girls that won't strike out the first 2 times? up to you.
You're assuming this is what all situations are like when the girl gets 2 strikes. In reality, not all situations are as simple as the ones you fellas have in your heads. 2 strikes is not always an accurate display of her unattainability. It's clear that some people believe it is an accurate display in any situation, but you really are assuming too much by assuming you know how girls in our own situations feel.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ready123 said:
you confuse persistance with neediness. neediness is what makes you unattractive by causing retarded behaviors like asking a girl out repeatedly when it's obvious she doesn't like you, or spending 20 mins combing through the two word text msg she sent you for IOI's. if you telegraph neediness, go ahead and use the rule. needy guys benefit from rules like these because they don't know any better
I believe in persistence and to me persistence is trying twice. If she wants it shell give you what you want whether it be date, a txt reply, a phone call whatever. Needyness is going past 2 tries when she clearly is not interested, might have other stuff going on, might like some other guy already etc. Do you waste your time on such a girl that is not interested hoping to win her over? or do you go for one that will show you signs of approval and a green light? all up to you. That's what the 2 strike rule does it lets you cut out the bad weeds.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always have women accept my advances on the first try. Very few close off. I'm just at that peak time in my life. I'm a boring guy though, I'll admit. Scary, dangerous, but I think I'm pretty boring, and the women think so too, but on first impression, they want me, bad.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
There are countless scenarios, just give them 2 strikes to get what you want.

You can't generalize like that. Some girls like persistence, some girls like to know you are serious about them and a LTR. She may want to see how much effort you are putting to court her, otherwise she may think you just want to put it in a warm place and get out.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:

You can't generalize like that. Some girls like persistence, some girls like to know you are serious about them and a LTR. She may want to see how much effort you are putting to court her, otherwise she may think you just want to put it in a warm place and get out.
the moment you approach a girl, the moment you ask a girl out they know you want to put it in a warm place. It is always on the back of their mind anytime a guy talks to them, walks up to them whatever, they know you want to put it in a warm place. That is a given women are not stupid.

Now when it comes to the phone game and the likely scenarios i provided with my 2 strikes rule I don't think many can disagree with.

I think you are confusing my rule here and the persistence part and somehow thinking i am advising guys to ACT FAST AND WASTE NO TIME! I'm not saying "you try kiss close, you should try again 5 mins later oops 2 strikes shes out!" I am not saying that at all. I am not giving any time frame on when the strikes should be given. You can attempt a kiss close on a first date and she declines, so you go on 10 more dates with the girl if you want, and try to kiss close again and the rule applies.

The 2 strike rules has no time frame no time period. Whether you try to kiss close again on the 2nd date or at the 10th date the same fact about women still applies, if she wants you then you will get it but women will most likely not deny a guy THEY WANT back to back times for fear of loss.

Tony T

Don Juan
Reaction score
Seems like a Women, if she is interested at all in you, will know what you want and will try to accomodate you. She will counter with something like ""i can't meet on Friday...what about Next Week?"

If she doesn't help you score, drop um.

Women know what time it is....and she knows what you are trying to do. She knows you want to Bang her...and she's ok with that...but if she's not interested, or has lost interest, or some other reason, you ain't gonna change her mind by continuing to bager her.

MisterMcGee said:
You're assuming this is what all situations are like when the girl gets 2 strikes. In reality, not all situations are as simple as the ones you fellas have in your heads. 2 strikes is not always an accurate display of her unattainability. It's clear that some people believe it is an accurate display in any situation, but you really are assuming too much by assuming you know how girls in our own situations feel.

Ganondorf!

Banned
Reaction score
I think this is good advice

No use beating a dead horse, if a girl is interested in you on any level then she will put some work in too.

I agree with confident persistence too, but there comes a certain point when you know that you are just wasting time and a girl is no interested in you or playing games

I tend to do this naturally. I dropped a lot of girls with this, and it turns out that I was right.... They weren't interested! they never called back, replied, or if they did they'd make some dumb comment and then proceed to ignore you afterwards (just playing games)

If a girl wants you then she will not make it super hard for you. I say super because some girls do make it hard but are still interested.

I give two strikes and it's over. Like said by the OP, there is no specific time frame, but after two tries and no dice then the chick is just plain not interested, and anymore amount of pursuing would just be a waste of time.

After that point it's up to them. If they are interested then they'll make an attempt, if not then they won't care

don't wast time beating a dead horse when you can ride a live and wild one

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In poker...you assume the chances the other player is bluffing a hand is 10%, unless you know him to be an extremely aggressive player.

Those who try to explain away flaky behavior as "her being interested, but trying to feign disinterest or make him chase" needs to understand that, like poker, the chances of her "bluffing" are not consistent enough to justify spending time "courting" her.

Like the rest of the posters have repeated ad nauseum, if she is attracted and in a good state of mind to meet a new guy, she will make time for you.

Just remember, do you think she would flake, or play it cool, if her dream man asked her out?

DonutMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol...I was talking to my neighbor about women the other day and he said you give it 7 tries. I wouldn't take it that far but depending on the circumstance I wouldn't always hold to the two strikes rule.

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
Those who try to explain away flaky behavior as "her being interested, but trying to feign disinterest or make him chase" needs to understand that, like poker, the chances of her "bluffing" are not consistent enough to justify spending time "courting" her.
i can never guys who:

1. get flaked on
2. don't mention gettin flaked during the next conversation
3. set up another date
4. get flaked on again

"oh she's interested but she's playin hard to get"

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FutureSpartan said:

Like the rest of the posters have repeated ad nauseum, if she is attracted and in a good state of mind to meet a new guy, she will make time for you.

Just remember, do you think she would flake, or play it cool, if her dream man asked her out?
some girls intentionally play hard to get even though they like you and don't pick up the phone to keep you guessing

some girls are genuinely busy

some girls are emotionally impulsive, as opposed to rationally deliberate, with how they spend their time

sometime to get the girl, you have to embrace the reality that this sht can get sloppy and uncertain and there are no hard fast rules. you play it by ear

this 2 strikes rule is like the don't call for X days rule - it's only useful for the inexperienced guy who without having his impulses kept in check, would start being needy and blow himself out

if you're not attached and resting your the crux of your future happiness on some girl you don't even know, would you really care if you called her 2 times or 5 times? you probably wouldn't even be counting. you'd have so little emotional investment in that phone call that you wouldn't need to rely on a stupid little rule to tell you how to behave so you don't get hurt by flakes

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
ready123 said:
some girls intentionally play hard to get even though they like you and don't pick up the phone to keep you guessing

some girls are genuinely busy

some girls are emotionally impulsive, as opposed to rationally deliberate, with how they spend their time

sometime to get the girl, you have to embrace the reality that this sht can get sloppy and uncertain and there are no hard fast rules. you play it by ear

this 2 strikes rule is like the don't call for X days rule - it's only useful for the inexperienced guy who without having his impulses kept in check, would start being needy and blow himself out

if you're not attached and resting your the crux of your future happiness on some girl you don't even know, would you really care if you called her 2 times or 5 times? you probably wouldn't even be counting. you'd have so little emotional investment in that phone call that you wouldn't need to rely on a stupid little rule to tell you how to behave so you don't get hurt by flakes
so respond to a woman playin hard to get (which includes flaking), we should keep persuing ?
no wonder alot of woman think they can do no wrong.

ready123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Phenomenal One said:
so respond to a woman playin hard to get (which includes flaking), we should keep persuing ?
no wonder alot of woman think they can do no wrong.
flaking is when you set up a day 2 / date and she doesn't show

I thought this thread was about calling

I've been in the car with homegirls when they've gotten phone calls and were visibly happy that the dude on the other hand called but still didn't pick up. They then look at me and say, "what? You gotta keep them guessing"

a lot of girls run the same active disinterest sht guys do. Blame The Rules

and like I said before I've broken this rule repeatedly. Use your brain and social intelligence

Phenomenal One

Don Juan
Reaction score
ready123 said:
flaking is when you set up a day 2 / date and she doesn't show

I thought this thread was about calling

I've been in the car with homegirls when they've gotten phone calls and were visibly happy that the dude on the other hand called but still didn't pick up. They then look at me and say, "what? You gotta keep them guessing"

a lot of girls run the same active disinterest sht guys do. Blame The Rules

and like I said before I've broken this rule repeatedly. Use your brain and social intelligence
- The OP applies the rule to all aspects of dating.
- and knowing that i would'nt have a problem playin aloof.
- i don't have a problem with girls doing it too but when a girl is playin disinterest and rejecting a guy left & right he keeps persuing of the basic of "she's playin hard to get".
one mintue a guys persuing a chick, next he's chasin her.
- of course you have to think on your feet but your hand should be above the eject button when the rejections (rejected dates, flakin, rejected kisses, ASD's) start to pile up.