Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Feeling Guilty For Pushing A Guy Away

Hayley79

Don Juan
Reaction score
hi, i just need a male perspective on something.

i dated a guy since march. he was probably everything i could ask for in someone. it was great, till i left for business for a month in may. the day i cam back, he confessed that he cheated on me the night before when some girl "kissed him" in a bar. 2 days of groveling and he had me back. a couple times after i brought it up again, because i thought he'd understand that rebuilding trust doesnt happen overnight, but he got angry, told me to "let it go" and so i never brought it up again. till i checked his phone (i know, very very wrong) and found the girl's number. he said he never used it, except to text her the next day and tell her it was a mistake. apart from this, the relationship was really really great. he called me every day and took me out all the time, brought me food when i was too busy or stressed to eat, paid for mostly everything, complimented and supported me.

but then we were to be apart for 4 months, starting june, because of business. he decided that we shouldn't officially be together during this time, since the relationship was still new, and we would be apart for so long. he would still call me every other day, but i found it hard talking to him and at the same time wondering if he was seeing someone else. he told me he wasn't interested in seeing someone else, and i told him the unofficial set up upset me, but nothing changed. he told me to just have fun and he wouldn't be jealous if i dated someone else. this really hurt me, so after about 2 months of the whole "unofficial" thing, i started pushing him away, because i thought, if he were really into me then he'd wouldn't be so wishy washy. anyway, a month went by and i spoke to him maybe only 3 or 4 times, plus a few emails and im conversations. during a couple of our conversations, i made a couple *****y remarks. i over reacted about a few thigns too, such as finding out his ex would be in town for the next 6 months.

i became a person i didn't like being, and thought i should cut it off, even though i really liked him. he beat me too it though, and said he lost feelings for me because i didnt talk much to him in the past month and when i did i said a couple of not so nice things. i am usually really benign, he didn't know i had it in me to say the things i did. i started to feel really guilty about the way i acted. i usually try hard to make relationships work, but in this case i pushed him away. i wrote an email apologizing about it.

anyway, i am feeling bad about how i acted. i am wondering though- does it sound like this guy was into me and i screwed something up good, or is it better that i am not with him?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You both sound like big wusses. He grovels and kisses up, and you are jealous and insecure. Don't feel bad, as it does not sound like either of you are ready for a serious ltr. There wasn't any potential there for you to ruin. You need a better guy, but he will be a waste unless you improve yourself.

Hayley79

Don Juan
Reaction score
isnt it natural to feel insecure when a guy won't commit to you?

during out breakup conversation, he admitted he did that because he noticed that if he commits to girls, they want to date other guys. but if he makes them insecure, they act more into him. maybe this has worked for other girls, but then, i can't imagine that the girls were all that into him. when you like someone, you want to only be with them.

anyway, he said he would have done things differently if he knew i would have reacted like this. my girlfriends think i acted naturally, but i feel like i became the whiney girlfriend that of course no guy wants. i don't blame him for dumping me, but i wonder how justified my behaviour was. in general, i don't like hurting people. and my behaviour much have hurt him if he liekd me. but if he was really into me, wouldn't he have tried to initiate change in the relationship to make it work better?

libre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thank you for your post

Young lady

Thank you for your post. You remind us that there are princess' out there and the reactions from your girlfriends do also remind us that quite a few girls think they should be treated like some.

Let me get the facts straight:

You write that your relationship was great, that he complimented and supported you;

you made him grovel for a kiss and badgered him for it?

he took you out all the time and paid for everything (what a dunce that guy is!).

This guy even gave you full liberty when you were apart and you find matter in this to feel spitefull and reject him?

Originally posted by Hayley79

I became a person i didn't like being, and thought I should cut it off, even though i really liked him...

He beat me too it though (GOOD FOR HIM), and said he lost feelings for me because I didnt talk much to him in the past month and when i did I said a couple of not so nice things.

I am usually really benign, he didn't know i had it in me to say the things i did (!!!)... I usually try hard to make relationships work, but in this case I pushed him away.

I am wondering though- does it sound like this guy was into me and I screwed something up good, or is it better that I am not with him?
I say, this guy sounds great, but he saw what fabric you are made of and he quite rightly called it off. Good for him!

Did you screw up something good? Lady reread your post. What do you really expect from a man? That he should treat you like a princess, that you can spite him at will and that he should bear with you from your aggravation?

Welcome to the real world young lady.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he did that because he noticed that if he commits to girls, they want to date other guys. but if he makes them insecure, they act more into him.

That's just how it works.

Kissing some girl at a club is barely cheating, and having an ex in town is only realistic. Jealousy is bad, even if it can be justified in your mind.

ps - kudos to you for posting this in a guy's forum instead of on a chickcentric site, where you would get a bunch of "he's-a-jerk, you-go-girl" advice. Here, you are getting the brutal truth.

Hayley79

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think its odd that the one guy said the guy i was dating was good for giving me "full liberty." i didn't want liberty; i wanted him. and a girl can only assume that when a guy does that, he just wants free reign to fool around with girls. he said he thats not what he wanted, but i didn't trust him after that kiss thing. i realize i made a big deal out of it, but from my perspective, i would NEVER do that to a guy i was into. and i wouldn't expect him to stay with me after it, either.

and i do not expect that i can "spite" him and that he should "treat me like a princess," libre. i said in my post that i was ashamed of the way i acted and wrote him a super grovelling email apologizing. i don't like the way i became this summer. i don't blame him for breaking it off. i don't appreciate your tone... as if you are trying to knock me down off some high horse.

and as far as posting this in a male forum... i posted a few other things in here when i was confused about how to react to that kiss, and every single reply was that "there is no excuse for cheating " and i should "break it off." so its interesting now that for some reason, you guys are saying that the kiss shouldn't have mattered and its all my fault.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the guy sounds like a jerk.

you sound like a b*tch.

what is with women that everything has to framed in a "victim" like manner.

look at your response to the guy who disagreed with you. you jump right in to "poor me poor me, how can you say this>" type of response.

read other posts on this forum, guys give blunt advice, thats what we do. as guys to guys we are appreciative of other guys who tell us how they see it is (even if we don't agree with them). We don't get all defensive and act like we are being victimized.

If you can't take the advice without flipping into "damsel in distress" mode, then don't ask for advice.

grow the hell up.

you were likely with a jerk. YOU choose to be with him. YOU choose to take him back after he basically cheated. YOU choose to respond inappropriate to the situation. take some responsibility for your life and drop this 'woe is me i feel so guilty' routine.

what the hell are you looking for? How are we suppose to be able to tell you whether you should feel guilty or not.

we get what we ask for in this life. You'd be better off asking yourself why you vested so much interest in this guy when every signal he gave you was he wasnt interested in a committed relationship.

you as sabotaging yourself by choosing a guy like this and instead of admitting that you made the mistake of picking a bad apple, you're analyzing whether you did something wrong, and blah blah blah.

it's called immaturity. learn from the experience and maybe you'll turn into the type of woman that men are killing to commit to.

J

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Poor me! Poor me! Why me? Why me? Why do bad things always happen to good people? Poor me!"

Hayley79

Don Juan
Reaction score
this isn't a poor me thing. you guys are reading into it way too much on that level. this is me trying to figure out where i went wrong, and if i went wrong. i know that ultimately, only i can answer these questions, but its helpful to have other people's insight. bah. i don't know. i really do want to learn from this whole thing. i think lesson one is to not be so jealous and insecure- how to go about this, however, i have yet to figure out.

i can think of a million excuses about why i acted the way i did over the summer- i was studying for a board exam, i was living under my parent's hell whole roof for 4 months, i lost autonomy with lack of a car, i was sleep deprived from my work, i was away from my normal social circle. but guys want a girlfreind, not an excuse. i've apologized, but he never said that he has forgiven me. is it worth it at this point to seek that forgiveness? i feel bad about how i acted; i'm not a *****, as someone said. if i were a *****, i wouldn't feel so bad at having hurt someone.

ikkenai

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jesus, girls, stop posting here. This is a boy's only club!

Hayley79

Don Juan
Reaction score
sorry for invading. but i do appreciate thg guy's point of view!

i'm trying to give back too though-- i answered some of the guys posts with the women's point of view! :cheer:

crowes22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea girl, you fvcked up a good thing, you had it made w/ this guy.

You seem to be a nagging ass female, who doesn't know when to drop an issue. Very insecure I presume, as all women are. Your'e the typical spoiled brat that us guys have to deal with. I'm proud of this guy that smoked you, at least he handled it like a man.

You and this guy were DATING right? And the girl moved on him? And you flipped over it? It's not like he was a comitted LTR partner!

You showed him what life w/ you would be like by nagging him on the issue and prying into his belongings. He saw that you'd be a controlling, distrustful, nagging ass negative victim feminist bytch.

And he ran for the hills, as any sane man would do. Oh well, go find ya a chump baby. You won't snag a man w/ your current traits. If you want one, change them.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hayley79
i'm not a *****, as someone said. if i were a *****, i wouldn't feel so bad at having hurt someone.

oh puhhhh leaze. you don't feel bad about potentially hurting someone. you feel bad that maybe you screwed up a good thing.

im not saying you were a *****, but let's be real, you're upset because your emotions are hurt. you're disguising it as concern for someone else, but in reality you want to figure out what happened so that next time you don't end up losing the guy.

this is all about you, so don't even for a minute try to pretend that you feel bad because you might have hurt someone.

this is why men get so frustrated with women. you say things with total conviction that are utterly in contrast with your actions.

what a joke.

J

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Hayley...the guy admitted to cheating on you. If any of these guys lashing out at you were cheated on by the girl they were seeing they would have felt the same way you did. Some of them would have reacted far worse, too.

Here's the bottom line...

You want a committed relationship with a man who doesn't cheat on you and is willing to be exclusive. You have every right to want that and don't listen to anyone who tells you different.

You made the right choice in ending things with this guy. He cheated and refused to commit and be exclusive. He refused to give you what you are looking for in a relationship. That means he wasn't what you were looking for.

Next...

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by crowes22
Yea girl, you fvcked up a good thing, you had it made w/ this guy.

You seem to be a nagging ass female, who doesn't know when to drop an issue. Very insecure I presume, as all women are. Your'e the typical spoiled brat that us guys have to deal with. I'm proud of this guy that smoked you, at least he handled it like a man.

You and this guy were DATING right? And the girl moved on him? And you flipped over it? It's not like he was a comitted LTR partner!

You showed him what life w/ you would be like by nagging him on the issue and prying into his belongings. He saw that you'd be a controlling, distrustful, nagging ass negative victim feminist bytch.

And he ran for the hills, as any sane man would do. Oh well, go find ya a chump baby. You won't snag a man w/ your current traits. If you want one, change them.
He cheated on her and betrayed her trust. She wants an exclusive and committed relationship, and he wasn't willing to give that to her. She had every right to dump him. The only mistake she made was not dumping him the second she learned he wasn't willing to be exclusive and commit.

It doesn't matter how many good qualities a guy has if he's a cheater who refuses to be exclusive. Those are two deal breakers for most women.

Reaction score
Why are you guys being so hard on her?

You're all giving the guy a pass on having some girl other girl "kiss"(which is a total crock of ****) on him and then having her number on his phone. He also spent a lot of time and money on her but then we she had to go away on business he wanted to start dating other people again. It's like the only real helpful post in here is from Joekerr.

That being said, you are baiting for compliments in the wrong place. You should have left him when he told you to get over him kissing another girl.

And don't go back.

libre

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll try another angle.

Young lady you cannot expect any person to «commit» after a couple of months of relationship. If you continue to expect a guy to do so, you will not have any success. Or, if you do meet a guy who is prepared to do so after such a short notice, the «engagement» will most probably not be worth a dime.

If you make to «commitment issue» a deal breaker after such a short period of time, you will probably not have any success' with your relationships.

The «commitment Graal» is a fallacy. Do not expect it to be the all encompassing tool which will assure yourself a successfull long lasting relationship. People change, circumstances change, life changes you; you cannot expect that a «true commitment» will assure you success in your relationships.

Women are looking for the all encompassing commitment Graal from men, however, at 80 % they are the ones that initiate the termination of their relationships. What are men expected to read from this information? That women cannot abide by what they are requiring of men?

As for the «Liberty» that he gave you, you did not appreciate it. Well, that is you; another person could have well appreciated the gesture as your relationship was quite young. He was respectfull in proposing that arrangement.

He went the way to tell you that he wasn't interested in seeing somebody else. You should have read into it that he was reserving himself for you. He was giving you leaway and it was up to you to choose if you wanted to use it. That guy is mature and sure of himself.

If he had insisted that you should make promises to each other of faithfullness after such a short relationship, you would have been right to be sceptical. He would have been quite insecure to propose it and it would have been unfair to both of you.

I was arsh but at the same time trying to help you by jarring you from your complacency. If you persevere with your «entitlement» manners, you can expect a shockfull wakening up because you will have good chances of ruining promising relationships. What reasonnable guy will want to frequent a woman who feels she his entitled and that he should meet all her whims?

Oh yes by the way. A kiss is just a kiss.

Have a good life young lady.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by libre
I'll try another angle.

Young lady you cannot expect any person to «commit» after a couple of months of relationship. If you continue to expect a guy to do so, you will not have any success. Or, if you do meet a guy who is prepared to do so after such a short notice, the «engagement» will most probably not be worth a dime.

If you make to «commitment issue» a deal breaker after such a short period of time, you will probably not have any success' with your relationships.

The «commitment Graal» is a fallacy. Do not expect it to be the all encompassing tool which will assure yourself a successfull long lasting relationship. People change, circumstances change, life changes you; you cannot expect that a «true commitment» will assure you success in your relationships.

Women are looking for the all encompassing commitment Graal from men, however, at 80 % they are the ones that initiate the termination of their relationships. What are men expected to read from this information? That women cannot abide by what they are requiring of men?

As for the «Liberty» that he gave you, you did not appreciate it. Well, that is you; another person could have well appreciated the gesture as your relationship was quite young. He was respectfull in proposing that arrangement.

He went the way to tell you that he wasn't interested in seeing somebody else. You should have read into it that he was reserving himself for you. He was giving you leaway and it was up to you to choose if you wanted to use it. That guy is mature and sure of himself.

If he had insisted that you should make promises to each other of faithfullness after such a short relationship, you would have been right to be sceptical. He would have been quite insecure to propose it and it would have been unfair to both of you.

I was arsh but at the same time trying to help you by jarring you from your complacency. If you persevere with your «entitlement» manners, you can expect a shockfull wakening up because you will have good chances of ruining promising relationships. What reasonnable guy will want to frequent a woman who feels she his entitled and that he should meet all her whims?

Oh yes by the way. A kiss is just a kiss.

Have a good life young lady.
In the short term "committment" is the equivalent of being "exclusive". With all the STDs and such it's not at all unreasonable for a person to expect exclusivity. That's how I am. I flat out will NOT have sex with anyone who isn't willing to be exclusive. I've been extremely selective in who I've slept with and I expect the same.