"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Federal judge rules male-only draft is unconstitutional

XThrax

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 8, 2019
Messages
95
Reaction score
41
Age
38
I cant say I see it as slavery. I know there are other counties like Israel that draft every citizen automatically male and female. Put in that context it seems more like a civic duty, but when you make it seem like there is a choice that's when things get weird. If putting people in the draft is slavery then you have to say the same thing about jury duty.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 12, 2017
Messages
256
Reaction score
102
Location
-
I cant say I see it as slavery. I know there are other counties like Israel that draft every citizen automatically male and female. Put in that context it seems more like a civic duty, but when you make it seem like there is a choice that's when things get weird. If putting people in the draft is slavery then you have to say the same thing about jury duty.
The thing is that even if you do sign up for the draft (in any country,) you are ineligible to serve if you have certain conditions, need certain medicine, hell, in the US you can't be flat footed, even. You must be mentally stable, too. And given the stress levels people have today, many could just feign mental illness/depression (legitimate or not) and pass.
 
Top