Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Federal judge rules male-only draft is unconstitutional

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no reason to draft women. There is no shortage of men, AFAIK, and so there should be no reason to recruit them.

I've talked about this at length on other sites, but the fact is that most combat roles are better suited for men - that's the reason women have never been required to sign up for the draft like we are. To be clear: Do I think women should be banned from our military? No! I think that a woman should get an opportunity to serve if she wants to. A woman who doesn't want to serve any military shouldn't have to. The draft is for men. Wars are fought by mostly men. The only people who have a problem with this are asswipe lefties/SJWs who are also trying to get trannies able to enlist (more like shoehorning women and trannies into the controversy), despite that these people really don't give a **** about our military anyway

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even during my younger years, this has been an academic issue for myself, as I had plans to matriculate at the University of Montreal for as long as it would take.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is no reason to draft women. There is no shortage of men, AFAIK, and so there should be no reason to recruit them.

I've talked about this at length on other sites, but the fact is that most combat roles are better suited for men - that's the reason women have never been required to sign up for the draft like we are. To be clear: Do I think women should be banned from our military? No! I think that a woman should get an opportunity to serve if she wants to. A woman who doesn't want to serve any military shouldn't have to. The draft is for men. Wars are fought by mostly men. The only people who have a problem with this are asswipe lefties/SJWs who are also trying to get trannies able to enlist (more like shoehorning women and trannies into the controversy), despite that these people really don't give a **** about our military anyway
Since the military could always raise the level of compensation to motivate enough folks to voluntarily enlist, conscription is a form of slavery.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even during my younger years, this has been an academic issue for myself, as I had plans to matriculate at the University of Montreal for as long as it would take.
Hey i Live in montreal, so i know udem!

Serenity

Reaction score
The only people who have a problem with this are asswipe lefties/SJWs
I thought it was the MRA that had this as a fairly high priority and they're generally against much of the SJW bullsh!t.

There is no reason to draft women.
There's no reason not to draft women.

There is no shortage of men, AFAIK, and so there should be no reason to recruit them.
There's no shortage of women either, AFAIK, and so there should be no reason to not recruit women too.

XThrax

Don Juan
Reaction score
Other nations draft women. I dont see a problem with this. Especially because is decreases my odds.

R

Ranger

If a war requires a draft then it’s a world war. A mute point.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I support drafting women but not sticking them on the front lines of battle. They would be more of a liability than an asset. But there are Plenty of support roles in the US and even in war zones. Could be medics, equipment managers, do computer or intel stuff, translators, even tank or chopper mechanics. Better yet make them cook for the soldiers. Shoot they may even learn a thing or two and leave the military with some manors and make a good wife for some man. there’s a shocker!

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a war requires a draft then it’s a world war. A mute point.
The US has had the draft before in times of peace.
I didn't even know this issue was even in the courts. I have mixed feelings, but I guess it's a good thing overall.

Better yet make them cook for the soldiers. Shoot they may even learn a thing or two and leave the military with some manors and make a good wife for some man. there’s a shocker!
They might even learn to cook and do housework. Too bad they have to go into the military to learn it.

logicallefty

Reaction score
The US has had the draft before in times of peace.
I didn't even know this issue was even in the courts. I have mixed feelings, but I guess it's a good thing overall.

They might even learn to cook and do housework. Too bad they have to go into the military to learn it.
It would be good for them. Maybe women will become respectable ladies again. For the good of society I’d love to see that, but I won’t bet my paycheck on it

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It would be good for them. Maybe women will become respectable ladies again. For the good of society I’d love to see that, but I won’t bet my paycheck on it
It's possible. So far they've been given the benefits from society and governmental programs, but they haven't had to bear much of the responsibility. This could be a step in the right direction.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In terms of law... it really all depends on what the USSC does... if they let this ruling stand, well then it's unconstitutional by interpretation. But from a pure constructionist standpoint, there is nothing specifically unconstitutional about an all male draft since the draft is not specifically a constitutional requirement. It is required as a function of congress' right to raise and support armies, and since HOW this happens is not specifically stated, then the interpretation in 1918 is that congress can make laws to do this, which they did in Article I, Section 8 of the United States Constitution and 10 U.S. Code § 246. The 14th Amendment baring involuntary servitude would include conscription was rejected.

Had the Equal Rights Amendment passed, then an all male draft would be unconstitutional, without this then rights... defined by the constitution, deals with things the Government can not do to people, not SHOULD be done to people. Treating the draft, like people have the RIGHT to be drafted would be a dramatic departure judicial review history. Do women have the RIGHT to be drafted? That is an absurd argument. The government has the right to seize property in the interest of eminent domain. Does that mean because the US takes property from someone that automatically everyone that owns property anywhere has the right to have their property taken? It is something that can happen based on need.... if the government NEEDS to put women in uniform, they have the right to do this... but they do not have to if they don't want to.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do women have the RIGHT to be drafted? That is an absurd argument.
This is one advantage of age, it's very unlikely I would have to worry about getting drafted.
But that aside, this seems like a discrimination issue. Does the government have the RIGHT to press me into service just because of my gender?
What if they decided to draft only black people? I don't think that would fly.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is one advantage of age, it's very unlikely I would have to worry about getting drafted.
But that aside, this seems like a discrimination issue. Does the government have the RIGHT to press me into service just because of my gender?
What if they decided to draft only black people? I don't think that would fly.
That's my point. If it's unconstitutional it's because men are pressed into service. If it is unconstitutional then it's the DRAFT that is unconstitutional, and no one should be drafted. The idea that women have the right to be drafted is just silly.

As far a black men and the draft... well the 14th Amendment defines there can be no discrimination because of race: gender is not mentioned. If the ERA is ever passed then if there was a draft, then the government would be required to draft everyone because otherwise it would be clear discrimination against men. If you did not draft black men, you could not draft white men.

The Constitution defines our individual rights, that no one, including any level of government can take away from Americans. So if you say the draft is unconstitutional a violation of individual right then it's a violation of rights to MEN. Women are not drafted, so THEIR individual rights are NOT violated, a man might have a case of unfairness... but not a woman. Until the Constitution clearly states that men and women MUST be treated the same, like the 14th Amendment does with race, re-affirmed with Brown v. The Board of Education that said separate but equal is inherently un-equal because of race, the the government still has the right to discriminate against men.

I actually think an Equal Rights Amendment is something we SHOULD do. If we did that then courts of equity would be fraudulent, and it would be illegal for local governments to favor women in divorce cases. The truth is that if the ERA EVER got close to being passed, women and blue pill cucks would shoot it down... like they did in the 1970s. Hard core feminists want to see the ERA passed, but as soon as the impact of something like this passing hits... well watch chicks run from this like from a burning building.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They make you go to jury duty too, don't see how the draft is much different, aside from being federal vs state. Anyway, the draft exists (or existed), and no one has ruled it unconstitutional. Maybe they will in the future, but it hasn't been so far.

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Since the military could always raise the level of compensation to motivate enough folks to voluntarily enlist, conscription is a form of slavery.
Some people see it this way, yes. So another solution is to get rid of conscription entirely. But I'm not holding my breath. We haven't had a draft in decades.