Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fat Loss (while still gaining muscle)

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
this thread has helped me enormously.
in the last 4 weeks, Ive shed 5.5 lbs of fat, my waist has shrank, my abs, arms, shoulders, legs, Butt have all become tighter and People have noticed!
Ive used this thread as the basis for my routine, diet and workout, Im not lifitng massive wieghts by any means but Im gradually building up, Im not gettign the 2 g of Protein per kg of Bodyweight yet but Im building up to it, Im Using whey protein before or after a workout, cut out all unhealthy fats, no bread, potatos or rice, loads of lean chicken breast, oily fish. also given up booze
I feel fitter than I have for years, Im more alert but relaxed, have loads more energy and appetite for life.
in 4 weeks! its been a struggle to fit the workouts in at times but that is were discipline comes in, I realy do feel good in my skin, a way to go but Im more inspired now than I was previously, 3rd of the way to the fat loss, roll on the next two months!

as a footnote, Id never done weighted squats before, now they are part of my routine, these are proving really effective, big thanks to the thread starter and the other contributors

bilboteabaggins

Don Juan
Reaction score
just wanted to stop in and say thanks for this post

around 1.5 years ago I started doing low carb, as of 6 months ago I had lost 145 pounds, but had lost a ton of muscle, not quite but was almost getting skinny fat looking

after finding this post I decided to read up and attempt a recomp, this post basically lays everything out perfect, you need nothing else

at start 2 months ago I was:

6' 1"
185 pounds
21% BF
11.5" arms
31" pant size
35.5 inches at pant level, 40.5" around naval

have lost around 7 pounds of fat and put on 4 pounds of muscle, body looks 10 times better already just 2 months in, arms are up 1.5", chest has lost fat and gained muscle and increased 1", legs are over 1" bigger, tape measure around naval is .75" smaller, lost fat in face and went down to 30" pants, bench is up from 150 to 200 lbs, another example is triceps french press, up from 60 to 130 lbs

I do low carb, around 30 total for 6 days out of the week, I take one day and up(every 6 days) and have a splurge meal of whatever I want =) , I do 30 mins cardio 5 times a week(at 2.5 mph), have a bowflex and work every muscle group twice a week, take one day off, take whey protein before muscle workouts and completely cut out all booze, which has killed me but it destroys progress on low carb, I really love the upped testosterone as well, mental state is better, I wake up every morning hard as a rock and have more confidence around b!tches

my goal is to flip 15 to 20 pounds of fat with muscle and end up at 180lbs

keep truckin brothers, b!tches will take notice, they already have on me, every pound of fat that is flipped with muscle the wetter they get LOL

bilboteabaggins

Don Juan
Reaction score
betheman said:
this thread has helped me enormously.
in the last 4 weeks, Ive shed 5.5 lbs of fat, my waist has shrank, my abs, arms, shoulders, legs, Butt have all become tighter and People have noticed!
Ive used this thread as the basis for my routine, diet and workout, Im not lifitng massive wieghts by any means but Im gradually building up, Im not gettign the 2 g of Protein per kg of Bodyweight yet but Im building up to it, Im Using whey protein before or after a workout, cut out all unhealthy fats, no bread, potatos or rice, loads of lean chicken breast, oily fish. also given up booze
I feel fitter than I have for years, Im more alert but relaxed, have loads more energy and appetite for life.
in 4 weeks! its been a struggle to fit the workouts in at times but that is were discipline comes in, I realy do feel good in my skin, a way to go but Im more inspired now than I was previously, 3rd of the way to the fat loss, roll on the next two months!

as a footnote, Id never done weighted squats before, now they are part of my routine, these are proving really effective, big thanks to the thread starter and the other contributors

glad to hear it brother, keep the faith and hold the discipline, the results(poon) will be worth it in the end, its all about yourself

vlf445

Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick question on the fish oil....in the post it says take 15g a day minimum if you're taking pills. The largest pills I have been able to find are 1000mg capsules. Should I really eat 15 of these a day??

Collie

Reaction score
Hello Warboss, Nice post you have posted and informative also.... Thanks for posting and guiding the community of the forum... I think that by this kind of the posting many person's got much benefits and have some kind of the good knowledge.....

East bay personal trainer

Last edited:

kitrrnkoyr

Reaction score
Diet is a little bit better and more up to date, but once again, its good for the short-term. You may start off by giving up on fast foods, which are among the major contributing factors to obesity and weight problems in general.

anti aging skin products

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
progress continues, weight loss has slowed but still going down gradually. body still changing shape and Im starting to get recognition for it, one very pleasant side effect has been when out and about, particularly in busy bars, women brush past will put their hands on my arms, always the bicep area :) , last night a woman brushing past behind me, put her hand on my right shoulder, very noticably, felt across my shoulder, down and back up my back and then continued across my shoulders. and Ive still got some way to go, the future looks good, keep the faith

B012

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are doing keto/low carb, remember to get enough fibre lol.

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Old thread, so no clue if any of the original posters are still around.

My main question is the milk topic. I've seen a lot of recent studies showing that milk, and even chocolate milk is one of, if not the best fat loss/muscle building post workout drinks. My personal trainer didn't argue it, but I also didn't get a sense he was too sure.

Anyone else heard this or have any thoughts?

bilboteabaggins

Don Juan
Reaction score
milk is full of carbs and not good ones, so it is a no no on keto

unsweetened almond milk is delish though IMHO, zero carbs :)

makes killer protein shakes too

bilboteabaggins

Don Juan
Reaction score
betheman said:
progress continues, weight loss has slowed but still going down gradually. body still changing shape and Im starting to get recognition for it, one very pleasant side effect has been when out and about, particularly in busy bars, women brush past will put their hands on my arms, always the bicep area :) , last night a woman brushing past behind me, put her hand on my right shoulder, very noticably, felt across my shoulder, down and back up my back and then continued across my shoulders. and Ive still got some way to go, the future looks good, keep the faith
I just started lifting 3 months ago, my gains are decent I guess

but I can attest to the same thing happening, females are grabbing my arms now and putting their hands on me just exactly as you described :rockon:

manella

Reaction score
Hello WArboss, That's the really nice one and informative one post you have shared with us regarding the fat loss and the muscle gain along with it.... I also agree with your opinion and wanna say that all person's should take great care of health and fitness.... Keeping the concept of eating order's in muscles gaining and also seeing the graph of the fat loss......

manella

Reaction score
manella said:
Hello WArboss, That's the really nice one and informative one post you have shared with us regarding the fat loss and the muscle gain along with it.... I also agree with your opinion and wanna say that all person's should take great care of health and fitness.... Keeping the concept of eating order's in muscles gaining and also seeing the graph of the fat loss......

el cerrito personal trainer

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
lost 13 lbs, re set my target to lose another 10. body is changing shape nicely but like a few people, got a stubborn bit round my gut, arms shoulders and lats coming along nicely, really getting into squats too.
my back actually looks pretty good.
this stuff works, stick at it

_TAO_

Don Juan
Reaction score
lost 13 lbs, re set my target to lose another 10. body is changing shape nicely but like a few people, got a stubborn bit round my gut, arms shoulders and lats coming along nicely, really getting into squats too.
my back actually looks pretty good.
this stuff works, stick at it
13lbs?!? That's awesome progress dude, keep it up! I'm curious, are you making any muscle gains?

I'm at a point where I can't decide if I should be bulking or cutting (I'm skinnyfat) so I've committed to a bulk for now. But if its possible to lose fat and make gains then I need to be adding some cardio in my routine.

Either way, congrats betheman, that's some great progress

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
"13lbs?!? That's awesome progress dude, keep it up! I'm curious, are you making any muscle gains?"

I have, dificult to quantify as Ive lost fat, the muscle has grown.i.e id doesnt appear from the tape that my biceps have grown, however they are harder, and more defined so Im assuming as Ive lost fat from that area, the fact that the tape hasnt reduced impies the muscle has grown.
same with my chest and shoulders. Ive lost 3.25 inches of my waist, a woman last night said I looked slim! that was nice but im not aiming to just be slim, I want to be more cut and bigger.
as for you being skinnyfat, Im still new to this, id suggest woking on a bulk, cutting carbs. as you get bigger, you will naturally burn more calories and the fat will diminish

Aberly

Reaction score
That's really the good one post and you have make the good one effort to acknowledge the community of the forum... I think that this is the best one way to let everyone know about many of the solution of the problems..... That's really great effort..... Thanks for sharing this one data with all of us at the forum....