Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

FAT girls. WHY I usually avoid.

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MysteryWoman

I thought only one in five Americans are obese, do you think 64% are overweight rather than obese.
From my experiences there, of the other 4 (non-obese), I'd say 1.5 to 2 of them are overweight on average.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I thought only one in five Americans are obese, do you think 64% are overweight rather than obese.
Whoops, I should clarify...

The University of Wisconsin Medical College reports that 34% of all Americans are overweight and 30.5% are obese (64.5% of Americans are in some way overweight). Another bad thing is that 13% of American adolescents are seriously overweight.

I live in a state where that is the norm and I can not help but pay particular attention when I see a fit woman. I'm sure that many women would say the same thing when they see a guy that has a good package ;)

Here's a link to the information if any of you are interested...

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/1031002183.html

MysteryWoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But in places like New York, LA and SanFranscico most people tend to be on the slim side, whereas in Florida they are huge?

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But in places like New York, LA and SanFranscico most people tend to be on the slim side, whereas in Florida they are huge?
Exactly Mystery....Sunny weather has little to do with health. In fact New Orleans is pretty much sunny year round and its the fattest city on the planet.

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
Whoops, I should clarify...

The University of Wisconsin Medical College reports that 34% of all Americans are overweight and 30.5% are obese (64.5% of Americans are in some way overweight). Another bad thing is that 13% of American adolescents are seriously overweight.

I live in a state where that is the norm and I can not help but pay particular attention when I see a fit woman. I'm sure that many women would say the same thing when they see a guy that has a good package ;)

Here's a link to the information if any of you are interested...

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/1031002183.html
Wow - this is scary. You know you might have the initial inkling to call Americans (because so many of us are fat) lazy and spoiled but in reality this isn't the case. In actuality most of America (particularly the Northeast) has a very strong work ethic (which is part of the reason why we control 49% of the world's wealth). It is BECAUSE we work so hard and live such busy lives that many of us gain weight - we do not pay enough attention to our diets. Too much fast food, soda pop, junk food, etc and not enough time to get proper exercise. Now some of it does have to do with us being spoiled (seems like everything is SUPER sized these days) but that is not the whole story.

What really scares me about the above stat is that 64% of Americans are overweight despite the fact that we are absolutely BOMBARDED by images from the media of skinny, beautiful people. "Fatness" is VERY frowned upon and yet so many Americans are still plumping up. Imagine if "fatness" was more accepted - I wonder what that stat would look like then. Imagine a world where making a fat joke got you ostracized as much as making a racial or gay joke. :eek:

I still have no sympathy for Fatties. I've never had a problem with my weight and yet I still respect my body enough to only drink water (no soda pop) not eat fast food, and to not eat junk food (asides from the occassional ice cream sundae). And the truth is I in no way feel like I'm depriving myself of anything. I will gladly eat an apple or nectarine before I crack open a bag of potato chips. :cool:

coin

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's true. Once upon a time the Japanese had the longest work week in the world, but now it's Americans.

In France I think they recently went to a 35 hour work week.. by comparison at the beginning of the month I went 3 weeks without a single day off. Easily 80 hours a week... ridiculous.

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by coin
That's true. Once upon a time the Japanese had the longest work week in the world, but now it's Americans.

In France I think they recently went to a 35 hour work week.. by comparison at the beginning of the month I went 3 weeks without a single day off. Easily 80 hours a week... ridiculous.
Yup and some of these European countries (Germany, Italy and maybe some others) take like half of the summer off! Imagine that!

Meanwhile I'm busting my ass working full time, taking two classes at night and trying to start my own business (**violin softly playing in the background**).

One of my Italian friends is so fed-up with the riff-raff over here that he's picking up and moving to Italy next month.

Boricua_33015

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, those legs where the ankles actually look like calves so its like an ankle and a calve at the same time? Over here we call them cankles. I hate those.

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
"America remains the reigning workaholic nation," said the Economic Policy Institute, a Washington, D.C., think tank, in a report. The average worker in the United States works more than in any other rich, industrialized country.

Pride gets in the way, said Paul Rupert, president of Rupert & Co., a flexibility consulting firm in Washington, D.C. "Overwork is a badge of honor," he said. "People love to say, 'I worked 80 hours this week; how many hours did you work?' "

Rupert could not think of any major American company that pays workers a full-time salary for less than 40 hours of work.

Even so, the idea of three weekend days is attractive to many people. Some who work 40-hour weeks would prefer to do so over four days, in a flex-time arrangement known as a compressed work week.

But forging such a deal is often an uphill battle, said Diane Cushman, director of the Minnesota Legislative Commission on the Economic Status of Women. "Companies shy away from it," she said, "because in many cases they are already getting five 10-hour days from most of their salaried workers. If you give them four 10s, you're going to get less out of these people."

I lost the link, but the above seems pretty normal for most American work places.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ronin I
What really scares me about the above stat is that 64% of Americans are overweight despite the fact that we are absolutely BOMBARDED by images from the media of skinny, beautiful people. "Fatness" is VERY frowned upon and yet so many Americans are still plumping up. Imagine if "fatness" was more accepted - I wonder what that stat would look like then. Imagine a world where making a fat joke got you ostracized as much as making a racial or gay joke. :eek:
I've been to Europe a few times and other than their complaint about Americans being too loud, they usually ask why we choose to be overweight. I understand that many people don't choose to be but face it, our lifestyle is that of indulgence without balance.

They wonder how we can eat fast food all of the time too. I admit to enjoying junk food but I can understand about why they question fast food restaurants. To much, not much of it is very tasty, at least not enough to eat it every other month or so. No wonder why McDonald's in France are much different than those here in the states.

I will admit that I have noticed that coastal people here in the states don't seem to be as bad off as we are in the Midwest. I'll exclude Chicagoans since I've seen MANY hotties there. However come up to Minneapolis and you'll swear that you've stepped into the movie Fargo "you bet'cha!" Whoops, that was a slip of the lip :p

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by coin

In France I think they recently went to a 35 hour work week..
I love Italy. Eight weeks of vacation at most companies. Now THEY know how to live!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Boricua_33015
You know, those legs where the ankles actually look like calves so its like an ankle and a calve at the same time? Over here we call them cankles. I hate those.
Those are just plain nasty...

icepick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, to think that some actually wan't women off these boards...

ShortyBrown, MysteryWoman, you guys are sweet, you make the best discussions! That iqqi is cool too.

This is kind of interesting: in-depth discussion without the sexual tension that sometimes happens in real life.

Here is something to think about:

Skinny is not sexy in and of ITSELF. (You know, like when you can see the sinews on the chest, and somewhat of a 4-pack.)

If you notice, alot of these "skinny" girls are also TAN and have SMOOTH, SLEEK skin. Now THAT is sexy!

Most people overlook skin (tone, color, smoothness) but skin is one of the MAIN things if not THE main thing that makes a girl "hot".

Since the female body is one giant sex organ (lol) it also stands to reason that skin would be the main attractive quality.

Hell, if a girl has nice skin, she can even have a little bit on the tummy and still be hot! (Not overweight, but there are quite a few girls that got a little stuff on their stomachs, and you would never...ever know, cuz you be too busy staring at thier legs and ass!)

However, with all of that being said, each female carries her fat differently. Some, with a lot of estrogen, very feminine ones, will have some fat but will still be VERY HOT; whereas some others, less estrogen, may be skinnier, but less attractive.

Many girls obsess over weight, but there is only one thing that men see (provided she is at a REASONABLE weight, so put down that pint of ice cream ladies ;) ) and that is the estrogen/femininity. THIS is the 'hotness'. I have seen a few chicks who would be weird looking if you looked at them objectively, but me and others (even women) would consider them hot.

I never really noticed this earlier in my life, but there is a DEFINITE difference between sexyness and beauty. I have seen many a beautiful girl that I could say "yeah, she is pretty, but my d*ck don't get hard thinkin' of her..." So not all is lost if you are not a "natural beauty". (i.e. skin products, tan, excercise--I think 'growth hormone', released after excercise, improves skin tone drastically)

I guess either you have the estrogen naturally...or you don't. I feel bad for the ladies that are born more androgynous, because guys can always work out and eat meat to boost our testosterone, turning us into 'manly men', but I can't think of anything that boosts estrogen? (Maybe eating soy? lol!)

But hey, if you don't, here is some consolation: studies show that less attractive women NATURALLY think less attractive guys are hot. So you guys will still be happy! :p

ShortyBrown

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by icepick
Wow, to think that some actually wan't women off these boards...

ShortyBrown, MysteryWoman, you guys are sweet, you make the best discussions! That iqqi is cool too.(thankyou!! that's nice of you to say so!)

Many girls obsess over weight, but there is only one thing that men see (provided she is at a REASONABLE weight, so put down that pint of ice cream ladies ;) ) and that is the estrogen/femininity. THIS is the 'hotness'. I have seen a few chicks who would be weird looking if you looked at them objectively, but me and others (even women) would consider them hot.
Not sure what you mean here, but you're gonna have to fight me on the ice cream thing lol.
j/k man.

Francisco-:D whatever turns you on hon

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ShortyBrown

Francisco-:D whatever turns you on hon
That's all that matters, right??!! ;)

Kodiac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On Big Brother 3 -Same girl was later getting ready for a shower.One of the cameramen in the bathroom made a nasty crack about her weight. Fine line between criticism and cruelty.
Well, from what i heard one of the cameramen stated to the other - "Come on, i know you like fat chicks" and the other was like "Err.. fuk no!" then they both cracked up.

Now, i can't really blame them, that chick was way WAY overweight!! and the idea of seeing her naked.. is, SCAREY to say the least. The cameramen acted unproffessional and it was cruel, but they are only human!

Fat = unhealthy!
I look after myself, any girl im going to get with MUST do the same.

Thats all :cool:

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oh, please dont blame fat problems on buisness, that is just bs.

Ive visited many countires, and the amount of overwieght people in america is far higher than other countries. Why not blame MCdonalds franchise expanding in USA? WHy not blame Coke?

It is Amercians who make the choice. Sure, sometimes u want fast food and u dont haev time, but There is always SUBWAY. right thurr! ;)

If girls want guys to like them, do what men do, hit the GYM!

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think Icepick made a good point. Some women have fat, and may be even slightly overweight, but are da*n sexy. Then there are stick-thin girls who don't really turn me on, even though they have killer faces. I never really thought about the estrogen thing before, but it really does seem to make sense.

Also, I have a thing for athletic girls, so I agree with Oxide's last statement as well.

BGMan

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BGMan
Also, I have a thing for athletic girls, so I agree with Oxide's last statement as well.

BGMan
You can say that again, athletic girls rule. My girl played semi-pro volleyball and now is an advid cyclist (our weekend casual rides average 50 miles).

I'm telling you, you can't get much better than dating a woman with strong legs that looks great in lycra ;)

"allez bébé allez allez!!"