Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fashion, what a joke.

Canadian Catnip

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I'm not against fashion per se. My beef is with these young women who follow the stupid fashions.

The one that ticks me off is the scarf trend that is going around this year. I have seen so many young women wearing scarfs and looking like complete idiots.

Why why why do women do that. I think it looks stupid. Do they do it just because some gay guys in New York decided it would look great.

Last year it was the large sunglasses. they also looked stupid to me. But I saw them all over town.

I just think, man what is wrong with women. Why do they follow these trends?

Do any of you other guys look at these things and think the same thing as me?

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't put too much thought into it. What they wear is their choice. Does it affect my life? Nah, screw it, whatever.

Do I have opinions about some stuff? Hell yeah, but I take it with a grain of salt.

I think what is more irksome to me is the sheep mentality which both genders fall prey to when it comes to fashion trends.

Personally, I really don't like untucked striped button up shirts, trucker caps and flip flops. Disgusting ;) But that's just me.

I do like the layered look chicks use now...works great when they have curvy hips and not too much flab around the belly.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I try not to worry about what she's wearing since its her choice, but I've had the exact same thoughts myself before.

It is insanely stupid how some gay guys in some 'fashion capital' decide what's 'in' now and that's all it takes. What's worse is the in thing is often actually ugly, for example as you mentioned the huge sunglasses.

If they aren't ugly, then its just funny to listen to how brainwashed some girls are. I've always heard that socks and sandels is just about the ugliest thing somebody can wear. But then not too long ago (might have been this spring/summer) somebody said that it was in this season, and I had a great time trying to get those girls to explain why they now like what they have been saying is ugly for years. They couldn't.

Occasionally there are good trends that actually do look great on people, but sadly most of them are completely stupid, ugly, and pointless.

Personally I'm more of a timeless guy. IMO no matter what the fashion, a simple shirt will always look good on a guy or girl IF it fits well and they have a good body.

Canadian Catnip

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
SmoothTalker said:
Occasionally there are good trends that actually do look great on people, but sadly most of them are completely stupid, ugly, and pointless.
Thanks SmoothTalker, you clarified exactly what I was trying to get across in my post.

When I was using the word stupid in my first post I actually meant to say ugly.

As a man of 45, I can't help looking at a lot of the fashion trends as a complete waste of time. If it looks good, wear it. If you put on a large pair of sunglasses and they look stupid on your face then don't wear them. How much simpler can it be.

I guess in 10 or 20 years these women will look back at photos they took and realize how ugly those sunglasses really were.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not that simple. Current trends are largely based on what happened before them... they work for the moment but may not work later on.

I remember back in the mid 80's I used to think girls looked so hot in their neon leggings and whatnot, and laughed at how "ugly" the outfits were in the 1970's. But now, man... geez... that 80's stuff looks ridiculous.

I agree with ya on the huge glasses, though. I also hate those big fuzzy boots that look like something eskimos would wear.

Reaction score
The scarf looks like what they put on little puppies. Where did people get the idea that it was attractive to dress a puppy up?

But, don't be afraid. Just like a nice guy, trends are disposable. In one year, out the next. Or in the nice guys case, a lot faster!!!

Oh ya, how about shutter shades? WOW! What a pathetic idea.

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fashion is trendy...like anything else. I agree that an oversized scarf in 80 degree weather looks pretty ridiculous. I saw that and multicolored hoodies sported all over Seattle this summer. I like my LRG, 10 Deep, and Crooks n Castles hoodies too - But in 80 degree summer weather?

Just be glad you're not one of those guys who went with the tribal armband tattoo trend. Or the gauged earrings trend. Now that the gauged earring trend is gone, droopy earlobes look pretty nasty.

SmoothTalker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol funny you should mention the droopy earlobes. I know a few guys and girls that did that when it was cool in high school. It looks stupid now, and short of surgery I don't think they can do anything about it. The lucky ones never went big enough that it couldn't be hidden with an earring.

Bonafide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
IF I think it looks good on the woman I aint complainin.... if It doesnt look good on her chances are im not talking to that chick so I could really careless

:up:

Tekniq

Don Juan
Reaction score
your goal is to get them naked anyway.

ElStud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Same reason women wear makeup and get breasts implants. They think us guys like it and they think it makes them look better, when in actuality we hate it and it can make a good looking girl look ugly as f*ck.