Fake nails, hair, boobs, eyelashes, nips, lifts, tucks, staples, folds, mutilates...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, the point is that in my first post I wrote a disclaimer saying "Yes, I know that men can get the same procedures. We just choose not to," in hopes of keeping the thread from being derailed.

So, I have not only prevent that
  • my foresight was correct ant the thread was derailed
  • that the majority of women put on a physical facade almost on a daily basis
  • women overwhelmingly as a whole (without skewing any of the statistical data) get more plastic surgery than men

... and the last two weren't even the purpose of the thread nor was it brought up in the original post... :p

Abbott

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phoenix_of_the_ashes
I once saw this thing on tv about this guys from California who got fake muscles implanted over his abs, pecs and arms.

He looked all buff but he couldnt even do ten pushups.
Haha....are you serious?

There are some plastic surgery operations that make sense, but that's not one of them. What if he's challenged to show his "strength?"

I don't have large muscles, and I'm a fairly small fellow. Whether it'd be different if I did, I don't know. However I don't have to prove that I'm something that I'm really not.

If that's something I really wanted, I'd actually exercise and I'd have the strength that goes with it.

Ben

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Abbott
Haha....are you serious?

There are some plastic surgery operations that make sense, but that's not one of them. What if he's challenged to show his "strength?"
Guys like that seldom get into situations where they are challenged in that kind of way. These are usually guys who just want a bit of augmentation just for the estetics. They wouldn't frequest places like gyms where their strength may be challenged. If they went to gyms regularly, what would be the chances that they would still want this type of surgery? Of course this doesn't include people who need reconstructive surgery.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
"Yes, I know that men can get the same procedures. We just choose not to,"

Sorry...but you can't say men don't choose to have cosmetic surgery because well over a million men had it last year alone. If you had of said "Compared to women, men get cosmetic surgery less often." I would not have said a word. Your claim that men don't choose plastic surgery just isn't true or factual.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said that about 289,000 men got cosmetic surgery.. thats definitly not a million. I also wouldnt really count a hair transplant as plastic surgery... Just accept that women get almost all of the plastic surgery and put on fake faces every day.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i guess it seems funny to hear about people getting things changed on their bodies.
as a woman, once in a while i throw on some make up and get dressed up and paint my nails some shade of pink but i dont even do that everyday. i guess i feel like as long as im clean then im ok.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by splinterkb
You said that about 289,000 men got cosmetic surgery.. thats definitly not a million. I also wouldnt really count a hair transplant as plastic surgery... Just accept that women get almost all of the plastic surgery and put on fake faces every day.
That number is only the major procedures. It doesn't include a lot of the other procedures. The total number is over a million.

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here we go again :rolleyes:

Cheese N’ Rice This wasn’t a debate about male vs female on who gets more plastic surgery but of course someone had to make it so. Hijacking it to all about them and defending women like a knight and shining armor.

Remember people Trolls/Attention Wh0res love attention, hijacking threads, flaming, and baiting derailing the main topic off hand on something else or on them.

Hey if I said I had a really huge penis and needed special underwear and said I wish I didn’t have it and could give it away, would you believe me? PMming me and posting “I’ll take it then” and “show us pics”? Come on Men lets act like Men and not feed these hungry trolls and AW’s that are infesting Sosuave.net.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by OneArmDeeJay
Here we go again :rolleyes:

Cheese N’ Rice This wasn’t a debate about male vs female on who gets more plastic surgery but of course someone had to make it so. Hijacking it to all about them and defending women like a knight and shining armor.

Remember people Trolls/Attention Wh0res love attention, hijacking threads, flaming, and baiting derailing the main topic off hand on something else or on them.

Hey if I said I had a really huge penis and needed special underwear and said I wish I didn’t have it and could give it away, would you believe me? PMming me and posting “I’ll take it then” and “show us pics”? Come on Men lets act like Men and not feed these hungry trolls and AW’s that are infesting Sosuave.net.
Pardon me skidmark...but I am ON TOPIC.

The topic IS cosmetic surgery and the original author claimed that men don't choose to get it. I am disagreeing with the original sentiment. Disagreeing with said topic is STILL about the topic.

YOU are the one trying to take it off topic with your idiotic flame-baiting. Don't you have traffic to play in or something?

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fransico I have to say that I don't really see the point of this thread. The face transplant was reconstructive surgery, not cosmetic surgery. While it will probably become a cosmetic procedure eventually, does it change anything?

You say, "C'mon, we all know that physical appearance deception is a common modus operandi for most women." So they are superficial. I can agree that many women are superficial. But I would also argue that many men are superficial. Is memorizing a bunch of pickup lines to trick a woman into sleeping with you really any different than wearing a short skirt and a low cut dress to do the same? Men are more attracted to physical qualities, while women are more attracted to character qualities. While cosmetic surgery might solve all of a woman's problems with being attractive, it will not solve a man's, so he has less of a benefit from doing it, even if his intentions are the same. It seems that you are implying that the reason men refrain from cosmetic surgery is that they are less superficial, but I don't think that is very accurate.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nocturnal
Fransico I have to say that I don't really see the point of this thread. The face transplant was reconstructive surgery, not cosmetic surgery. While it will probably become a cosmetic procedure eventually, does it change anything?

You say, "C'mon, we all know that physical appearance deception is a common modus operandi for most women." So they are superficial. I can agree that many women are superficial. But I would also argue that many men are superficial. Is memorizing a bunch of pickup lines to trick a woman into sleeping with you really any different than wearing a short skirt and a low cut dress to do the same? Men are more attracted to physical qualities, while women are more attracted to character qualities. While cosmetic surgery might solve all of a woman's problems with being attractive, it will not solve a man's, so he has less of a benefit from doing it, even if his intentions are the same. It seems that you are implying that the reason men refrain from cosmetic surgery is that they are less superficial, but I don't think that is very accurate.
Exactly...

It's very frustrating to see so many threads on this site dedicated to complaining about, belittling, blaming and bashing women. This is supposed to be a site to help men better themselves and that's what the focus should be on...not all these threads ragging on or about women. You guys could do with a lot more advice on how to improve yourselves and a lot less complaining about and blaming women. It's so counterproductive...

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
This is supposed to be a site to help men...
I think everyone needs to re read that again.

This site is all for who?

MEN!!

No one’s complaining about anything just posted something about plastic surgery and lets face it when you think of that you think of women getting it.

Again This site is by Men FOR Men.

And we can talk about anything about women because we can. Again it is a MAN’s website. If any women or heck guys have a problem they can just LEAVE!

If we would be posting on a Woman’s website on how things showed be run we would get banned in mins.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by OneArmDeeJay
I think everyone needs to re read that again.

This site is all for who?

MEN!!

No one’s complaining about anything just posted something about plastic surgery and lets face it when you think of that you think of women getting it.

Again This site is by Men FOR Men.

And we can talk about anything about women because we can. Again it is a MAN’s website. If any women or heck guys have a problem they can just LEAVE!

If we would be posting on a Woman’s website on how things showed be run we would get banned in mins.
You're a drama queen and are de-railing this thread.

Piss off...

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by splinterkb
Yep, barely 10% of the total number. Is it even worth mentioning.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Nocturnal

What I said was that since it is available as reconstruction, it is in par with typical plastic surgery which also started as "just" a reconstructive procedure. The same thing happened with gastric bypass surgery, tummy tucks and even penile reconstruction/implant which by the way was first performed on a woman (she was getting a sex change operation).

By the way, I never said that they were superficial, you did I said that most were physically deceptive on a daily basis AND that they were good to look at because of it. For some reason you chose to omit that part... Hmmmm, I reminds me of something; if I could only remember what....

So anyway tell us, why do you feel that women are superficial?

Alicorn

Banned
Reaction score
Yep, women can get it all but guess what??? THERE'S MORE!!!! The following link is a breakthrough in science but who knows, it could become the best Botox!!!

Surgeons perform first face transplant

And before I get flamed by a bunch of 'fems,' YES, I know that we men can get the same surgery. We just choose not to... :p
The woman who had the first face transplant was mauled by dogs. I guess you could say she was being vain about not having a face... but I'm thinking you're just a jackass. :down:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Fake nails, hair, boobs, eyelashes, nips, lifts, tucks, staples, folds, mutilates...

Originally posted by Alicorn
The woman who had the first face transplant was mauled by dogs. I guess you could say she was being vain about not having a face... but I'm thinking you're just a jackass. :down:
And you are welcome to your opinion no matter how wrong it is. :D

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the way, I never said that they were superficial, you did I said that most were physically deceptive on a daily basis AND that they were good to look at because of it. For some reason you chose to omit that part... Hmmmm, I reminds me of something; if I could only remember what....

So anyway tell us, why do you feel that women are superficial?
Ok I picked my words poorly. Many women are physically deceptive, but are many men not deceptive in other ways? Are women more deceptive than men? Is it worse to be physically deceptive than to be deceptive in the ways that many men are?

I don't feel that women are superficial, I feel that many women are superficial. Why? Because I feel that many people are superficial, which women are included in.

I'm not defending "women," I'm simply curious as to why they are such a target when there are plenty of other groups of people you could make generalizations about.

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Um, Francisco and T!tboy, this woman's face got ripped off by a dog.

From the newspaper article:
a woman who lost her lips, chin and part of her nose when savaged by dogs
PS. T!tboy, reconstructive surgery on a mangled face has nothing to do with "seduction books". But thanks for your shallow comments anyway.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wyldfire, do you realize this thread was about a woman getting a face transplant, and you yourself derailed it by getting all *****y and trying to take the heat off of women for getting all the plastic surgery? This is a site for men, and frankly if you don't like what all the people that belong her (men) have to say, then just think it to yourself, because noone here feels the same way as you.