Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Face it, Direct Game is not a good way to meet girls.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Brak86 said:
Is this for real? 9 pages spent arguing over this? I'm sure 75% of the posters on here haven't even done a cold approach ever.

Stop wasting time stupidly arguing over this and instead go out and try it for yourselves.

Thanks for providing your worthless 2 cents and assumptions. Some of us have cold approached 1000's of times and tried many things. And don't even come back with something to the effect, "Well if you approached 100 girls, you should have 10 FB's, a GF and wife etc."

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
From experience, social proof only helps if the person(s) you're with are cooler/better looking/higher value than you or least similar level. Having some drunken clueless idiot there isn't social proof. Which is why solo stuff is fine if you're cool enough to pull it off and have good game, though granted a quality wing helps.

I've been to clubs before with 'friends' and what not and met no girls and did nothing countless times. I see it week in, week out. I salute people who have the balls to fly solo and get good with women. If you NEED someone in order to ever get a number/K close/shag then you suck.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
So when through all of this do you actually meet someone new? All you are doing are things you feel are important IF someone actually notices you. This isn't going to happen unless you actually approach someone or get drunk and obnoxious.

And what if you did come to the club alone? If you have good interpersonal skills and are engaging do you think that they would hold it against you?

Yes. If you had such great interpersonal skills and were so engaging why would you be running around a club alone trying to talk to everyone you don't know just so you don't appear alone and like an outcast? That's the question in everyones mind when they size you up.

Even if they did, why would you care? Wouldn't you just go engage someone else?

Yeah why would you care what the hot girl you want and her group thinks? You would have to engage other people. That's the problem, running around trying to find someone that doesn't care about your SP, and appearing more needed. Then you likely end up having to settle with some fat, desperate girl

But you probably think that everyone in the club is watching your every move and is hoping that you'd crash and burn because they all saw you walk into the club alone, right?

Actually everyone is watching everyone. If they're not watching you then your efforts are hopeless anyway. And if you think some people aren't hoping you crash and burn, you don't know human nature.

If you desperately need social proof, you need to be sociable yourself, not always leach off the popularity of your friends.

Whether you have SP or not you have to be sociable. Never said you didn't, I said he gives you an advantage. If you have popular friends then that's proof that your sociable, that's social proof. I don't understand your logic.
F'D I think you just like arguing for the sake of argument. But it just makes it sound like you've never done much PU in clubs especially while alone. What these "direct" guys do is instead of bracing reality and finding ways to work it to their advantage, They totally reject reality and KJ a new reality to their advantage.

ketostix

Banned
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:
From experience, social proof only helps if the person(s) you're with are cooler/better looking/higher value than you or least similar level. Having some drunken clueless idiot there isn't social proof. Which is why solo stuff is fine if you're cool enough to pull it off and have good game, though granted a quality wing helps.

This is kind of true, obviously the value of your SP can vary, with being seen with a hot girl the pinnacle.

I've been to clubs before with 'friends' and what not and met no girls and did nothing countless times. I see it week in, week out. I salute people who have the balls to fly solo and get good with women. If you NEED someone in order to ever get a number/K close/shag then you suck.

The thing is you just want to be seen having "friends" and occassionally doing something besides hitting on women. It's unrealistic to think you can go to a club solo and not have a lot of down time where you'll be just standing around. The idea is to have a wing for approaches or to break away from your group and go alone and approach. If you're so sociable that you can enter prolonged sets with strangers, then it begs the question why can't you make high value friends and wings of your own? Also haven't you never gone out alone and not really met any women?
Having said that, I go out alone a lot and do as good or better than with friends, but this is usually late in the chaos and drunkness of the night. Plus I go out a lot and always see acquantences around. But my point of SP was when you go out with a girl it totally changes the whole dynamic. Nothing motivates women more than jealousy and competition.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Ohhh of course having a hot girl on your arms is a different matter, I'm just on about going out with the typical drunken idiot who is clueless.

Making quality friends/wings is very hard, from experience. I find I don't connect brilliantly with most guys. I find that a lot of guys think too highly of themselves and I'm not one to tag along to a group or whatever to feel socially validated. Besides, loyalty is rare. I think when people mention friends, it means 'people they do stuff with.' Also notice how girls have more friends than guys and the social group is way more friendly and tight. It's also to do with interest sharing. If you aren't into getting drunk a lot and pissin around then that cuts your options. Most guys I meet are virtually the same; white, boring and heavy drinkers. The coolest guy I've met in aaages is flows101 off here. :)

I've been out with friends before and in particular around 18 I was going out a lot. I hardly met any women (since none of us approached and were 'typical') and shagged none, like 2/3 K Closes I recall with mediocre girls. I didn't lose my V-Card until nearly 19, like 1 month before. I was good friends with a guy who was massively social proofed, neither of us got laid. I'm just saying, it never factored into anything.

I do most stuff now solo or with a wing, and I'm doing better. Sure, I look way better now and have better social/women skills, but the SP was never useful for me. I can directly approach now at day/night and consistently have good interactions, numbers, k-closes etc (though flake rate is high, another dilemma). In time, hopefully some shags etc. with 7-9s. :)

Brak86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ketostix said:
Thanks for providing your worthless 2 cents and assumptions. Some of us have cold approached 1000's of times and tried many things. And don't even come back with something to the effect, "Well if you approached 100 girls, you should have 10 FB's, a GF and wife etc."
if you've read my journal you would know that I would never do that. And I don't think what I said is worthless. It's good to discuss this stuff, but at almost 10 pages of stuff, it gets quite ridiculous. There comes a time when enough is enough and it goes way overboard. This is so arbitrary that more discussion on this topic won't solve much more. At least comment on someone's FRs/LRs or post your own.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mad Manic said:

I'm all for going out with a wingman or two but I in no way depend on them. Dependence on social proof it used by those who can not stand on their own ability.

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wait wait wait........hold on.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't spend the rediculous f*cking cover charges to go to a club to "talk to hot girls" you go there to have fun, to drink, to dance, to let loose...the hot girls just come with it. have fun, and I mean it, don't just try to look like your having fun....because u come off as a douche. when girls see that you are genuinely having fun, they want to be a part of it. Don't expect to get a HB8-10 if your only a 6 though.

Real

Banned
Reaction score
funny how the thread starter is a wimpy skinny long haired pale hippy rocker kinda guy, and he wonders why cold approaching hotties on the street doesn't work for him

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not that it helps, but here is a great video about direct and indirect game.;)

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
Real said:
funny how the thread starter is a wimpy skinny long haired pale hippy rocker kinda guy, and he wonders why cold approaching hotties on the street doesn't work for him
Hahaha, yeah I was expecting some ripped stud when the thread was made.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eminence said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't spend the rediculous f*cking cover charges to go to a club to "talk to hot girls" you go there to have fun, to drink, to dance, to let loose...the hot girls just come with it. ...
I'm with 'ya on that. A lot of guys either take it too seriously and spend the night holding up the walls or go so far in the other direction that they are holding down the floor. If you want social proof, get out there and have a good time and have other newly met people enjoy your company.

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
eminence said:

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't spend the rediculous f*cking cover charges to go to a club to "talk to hot girls" you go there to have fun, to drink, to dance, to let loose...the hot girls just come with it. have fun, and I mean it, don't just try to look like your having fun....because u come off as a douche. when girls see that you are genuinely having fun, they want to be a part of it. Don't expect to get a HB8-10 if your only a 6 though.
True, but then that's what seperates the guys who go week in week out, get drunk then go back home and wank themselves to sleep and guys who are good with women and KNOW they can go out and bring a HB7+ back home.

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Max, i'm not sure what your trying to say, but are you saying that the guys who are having fun and spending money on drinks for themselves are the ones who are going home wanking it? I rarely go to the club, because its so damn expensive to go every weekend, and I can have just as much fun at a local party, plus it's so easy to pick up girls at either one of my jobs....but out of the handful of times i've been I didn't even have to try to pick up any girls, they all came to me because they saw a fun, good looking guy.

Most of these techniques, not all, are really unnecessary...go out their and work on improving yourself, instead of reading books on seduction. Once your happy with your life and yourself then everything comes a lot easier. Improve your appearance, dress nice, groom yourself, work out, have fun, make friends. Do all of these things and your already going to have girls surrounding you. Once you accomplish that, then thats when you can improve your "Game" and you can become a True Don Juan.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eminence said:
...Most of these techniques, not all, are really unnecessary...go out their and work on improving yourself, instead of reading books on seduction. Once your happy with your life and yourself then everything comes a lot easier. Improve your appearance, dress nice, groom yourself, work out, have fun, make friends. Do all of these things and your already going to have girls surrounding you. Once you accomplish that, then thats when you can improve your "Game" and you can become a True Don Juan.
Even so, all of those things take time and effort and most guys want specific tasks to perform that produce an immediate payoff in order to keep doing a particular thing. Their goals are centered around women instead of themselves.

LAWYER

Banned
Reaction score
Guitar_Whizz said:
Over 95% of the time you do a direct approach, you will be point blank rejected. So that being so, why on earth do people claim that direct is the way to go.

Seriously, aren't we just eluding oursleves into believing direct is the best method. With such high rejection rates, it surely is NOT.

Have some class, don't just be a h*rny idiot who goes around saying "you're cute I want to meet you". Geez guys!

In order to successfully seduce a girl, you have to dance the dance of seduction! You have to play by the rules. You should NEVER verbalise your intentions to a woman.

By verbalising your intentions, you just look like every other AFC who says 'you're beautiful'. You have to stand out from everyone else, cos if you don't, then why should that HB10 want to talk to you

I want to believe that direct game works, but in my experience all it gets is a rejection and makes the woman feel awkward or 'weirded out'. This then makes me feel like a f*cking idiot as I walk away from the girl knowing I've just got rejected and given her a weird reaction.

And don't give me any crap about 'project better body language' etc etc. I have my style, body language, eye contact and tone of voice all sorted....so I don't need improvement there. It's the METHOD that's not working....

So come on, stop lying. I know that you're ALL getting well over 95% point blank rejections from direct approaches, yet you're clinging onto the f*cking fantasty that one day that will change.

Guys - the definition of insanity is doing the same thing but expecting a different result!

Look, I really wish Direct Game worked, but with a rejection rate of over 95% that's a lot of work to get to a girl that IS interested.

So why on earth are do you advocate Direct Game then?

Personally my goal is to get laid....NOT to approach women and get point blank rejected 95% of the time!!!!! What is YOUR goal then???

Who cares about getting rejection anyways most direct approach get rejected 95% of the time is because 95% of the guys are complete weirdos are total wuss bags and they dont have the skills... Get the skill go out and practice... :kick:

Mad Manic

Banned
Reaction score
eminence said:
I didn't even have to try to pick up any girls, they all came to me.
Lol, we obviously live in very different places then. Where I go, 99% of guys go clubbing, stand there with a desperate look on their face holding drinks to their chest wishing they could shag the women.

And sorry but I see most guys go out week in, week out 'having fun and partying' and they don't get ass. To get ass you need to approach and have the required skill set to get the woman. It doesn't just magically happen.

And again, if you think going to the gym and being good looking is a ticket to shagging the HB8 you're sadly mistaken. These girls get LOTS of attention. Being a good looking guy with a good body guarantees nothing (from experience). You need the skills.

LAWYER

Banned
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Even so, all of those things take time and effort and most guys want specific tasks to perform that produce an immediate payoff in order to keep doing a particular thing. Their goals are centered around women instead of themselves.

Exactly they dont know that themselves is the most important thing to get it fix.

potato

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I only use a direct approach and have always had success with it. It occurs to me that at least half of getting a girl is having the courage to confidently approach her.

It’s like in the Door’s song, “hello, I love you, won’t you tell me your name.”

By observing others I’d agree with the OP that 95% of the time it fails. Most guys, I guess, are just going by the idea that if you ask enough women, eventually one will say yes. But more to the point, for many guys the rejection rate is probably closer to 100%.

I’m an upstanding, good looking man and I’m sure that most women find me attractive regardless of if they’d date me or not. When I first encounter a woman I look directly into her eyes. From looking into her eyes I know how she will react to me, because she already is reacting to me. If she is reacting positively, everything else comes rather easily.

This all comes about due to my observation, experience and firm belief that the best relationships arise from an initial mutual attraction and just grows from there. If I’m attracted to a woman and she is attracted to me, a direct approach is always the most appropriate.