Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

F$&#ed my back skipping rope

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Decided I would take up skipping rope, have done it in the past but not extensively. Did for 90 seconds like 10 times in a row on and off, was a nice cardio burst on the moment but my backs been hurting bad ever since, for like a week now I can barely bend over, lots and lots of pain when I do, has put a stop to all my work outs at this point unfortunately

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably a pinched nerve as I can't imagine a method of jumping rope that can pull a muscle.

Give it ice and rest to recover.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Decided I would take up skipping rope, have done it in the past but not extensively. Did for 90 seconds like 10 times in a row on and off, was a nice cardio burst on the moment but my backs been hurting bad ever since, for like a week now I can barely bend over, lots and lots of pain when I do, has put a stop to all my work outs at this point unfortunately
Try taking up walking, you'll get the same results and won't have to worry about anything except replacing your shoes a little more often maybe

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try taking up walking, you'll get the same results and won't have to worry about anything except replacing your shoes a little more often maybe
I already walk 2 hours a day to break up the calcium build up in my feet, I was gonna graduate to rope but I'm back to walking for now Hehe lol

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're going to be far better off doing exercises that are lower impact, you are substantially less likely to get injuries doing so. Things like weightlifting/strength training with good technique and high quality reps, walking or hiking, swimming, cycling are the best forms of exercise out there because injury risk is very low. I would say that weight/strength training though would require a bit of research and working on form, if you do this and can leave your ego at the front door to the gym you are all set. I would also throw in yoga or stretching in there as well, pick some moves that work really well for your body that open up the hips, shoulders, etc.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're going to be far better off doing exercises that are lower impact, you are substantially less likely to get injuries doing so. Things like weightlifting/strength training with good technique and high quality reps, walking or hiking, swimming, cycling are the best forms of exercise out there because injury risk is very low. I would say that weight/strength training though would require a bit of research and working on form, if you do this and can leave your ego at the front door to the gym you are all set. I would also throw in yoga or stretching in there as well, pick some moves that work really well for your body that open up the hips, shoulders, etc.
I would of thrown skipping on this list as well until this experience

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would of thrown skipping on this list as well until this experience
It sounds like you are older based on one of your previous responses. Regardless of your age, you should prioritize exercise that minimalizes the risk of injury as much as possible whilst providing the benefits you are trying to achieve. This stuff is very straightforward but many people screw it up by hurting themselves. Side note, you also don't have to train hard all that often to get in really good shape. I typically lift/strength train 3 days per week, but will regularly take a day off here and there, that incorporates a lot of metcon work like sleds, farmers walks, battle ropes, etc. and I'm in the best shape of my life right now.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol.

I wonder how you jump. Sounds indeed like a pinched nerve . Or simply over training as 90 secs x 10 is WAY too much to start if with...especially with bad shoes on a hard floor..

Even tho we on sosauve are generally highly intelligent creatures , I'd rather visit a qualified doctor.

As a boxer I will advise you the following things
- try to do it on a SOFT floor.
-get good shoes untill you get the right rythm and conditioning.
- use light ropes
-start in increments and gradually build up. Do 30 seconds , 30 seconds rest for 10 rounds . Then 40 /20. 50 /10. 1 minute rounds. ALWAYS use rest in between. Combine with other high intensity exercises like a FEW burpees, abbs exercises, planks ect.
-stretch properly . Shoulders , calfs, feet ect.

Just visit a damn doctor and report back what he said...

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did a long slow run one day in the spring then foolishly decided to jump rope afterwards to finish up with some higher intensity.

a few minutes in one of my calf muscles felt strained and it bothered me for a couple weeks.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol.

I wonder how you jump. Sounds indeed like a pinched nerve . Or simply over training as 90 secs x 10 is WAY too much to start if with...especially with bad shoes on a hard floor..

Even tho we on sosauve are generally highly intelligent creatures , I'd rather visit a qualified doctor.

As a boxer I will advise you the following things
- try to do it on a SOFT floor.
-get good shoes untill you get the right rythm and conditioning.
- use light ropes
-start in increments and gradually build up. Do 30 seconds , 30 seconds rest for 10 rounds . Then 40 /20. 50 /10. 1 minute rounds. ALWAYS use rest in between. Combine with other high intensity exercises like a FEW burpees, abbs exercises, planks ect.
-stretch properly . Shoulders , calfs, feet ect.

Just visit a damn doctor and report back what he said...
Did this on concrete, didn't realize the floor made much of a difference, I have bad calcium build up in my feet so destroying them was part of the plan but God damn

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I injured the ball of my foot badly, after I lgot as far as being able to do ten minutes in a row (after letting myself go and getting back to being fot again).

Got a nasty injury that made it hard to walk tor a couple of months ...and ofcourse set me back yet again

After that i realized that I needed to be careful about such a repetitive exercise as jump ropes.
Did this on concrete, didn't realize the floor made much of a difference, I have bad calcium build up in my feet so destroying them was part of the plan but God damn

Deranged

Don Juan
Reaction score
With all the experience in these anecdotes, I thought this was posted in Mature Man.
Guy's, it's obviously a slipped disk(my professional diagnosis).

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With all the experience in these anecdotes, I thought this was posted in Mature Man.
Guy's, it's obviously a slipped disk(my professional diagnosis).
Dont scare me bro.

From what I understand a SD would create some form of problems when walking which I only had the day after and when I took longer strides, now I don't have that pain at all, only when I bend down, the weird thing is once I bend down it doesn't hurt until I bend back up as if it's levering against a nerve or something, I was gonna just leave it but I might go into a walk in now just incase

Deranged

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont scare me bro.

From what I understand a SD would create some form of problems when walking which I only had the day after and when I took longer strides, now I don't have that pain at all, only when I bend down, the weird thing is once I bend down it doesn't hurt until I bend back up as if it's levering against a nerve or something, I was gonna just leave it but I might go into a walk in now just incase
Well I was being facetious, but now that you've elaborated, what you just described sounds exactly like a slipped disk(from my experience. I've gone though this 3 times in my life((so far)).
My condolences brother. Remember, this too shall pass. Now you must get mega healthy, no exceptions, so you may have a quick recovery. Lots of horizontal rest and walking. When you feel up to it, start planking, you need to fix that dogshvt core of yours. Godspeed brother!

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it might actually be a bloodclot or something the pain has moved up to behind my back, can feel it on every breath, Friggin yikes I actually have to go in now

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Definitely dont risk it. If its a blood clot go in immediately… this happened to someone i know recently