"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Eye contact question (looking away vs. looking down)

The TallOne

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 17, 2004
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
NJ
Re: Don´t lay all eggs in a basket!

Originally posted by Blue Phoenix
Once I was in a bus and I "locked" eyes with a girl in another bus through the window, then she looked away.

I said: that´s ok, it was just an occasional look.

Some time later when her bus was side by side to mine, I noticed she was looking at me with a very friendly face and even turned her neck a little to see me!!! :p

You never know. Maybe she was shy, but she just looked away, she didnt looked down!

So, was it an exception?

Women...
Did you get a #? :p
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
373
Reaction score
2
I have heard studies done that said pretty much, once eye contact is made, if she looks down chances are she either 1) thinks your attractive from what she can see and/or 2) She is submissive and open to you appraoching her, its a dominant, submissive deal.

If she looks away its either one or both of these things
1) She doesnt think you are attractive or she didnt get a good enough look at you to tell either way if you were attractive or not.

but the moral of the story is , if she looks down its a very good chance shes at least open to you appraoching her.at least
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by Pugsley_f5
I have heard studies done that said pretty much, once eye contact is made, if she looks down chances are she either 1) thinks your attractive from what she can see and/or 2) She is submissive and open to you appraoching her, its a dominant, submissive deal.

If she looks away its either one or both of these things
1) She doesnt think you are attractive or she didnt get a good enough look at you to tell either way if you were attractive or not.

but the moral of the story is , if she looks down its a very good chance shes at least open to you appraoching her.at least
I heard a girl say that she looks down thinking that will make the guy not approach her. She thinks that is a good way of telling the guy she is not interested.
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by Pugsley_f5
I have heard studies done that said pretty much, once eye contact is made, if she looks down chances are she either 1) thinks your attractive from what she can see and/or 2) She is submissive and open to you appraoching her, its a dominant, submissive deal.

If she looks away its either one or both of these things
1) She doesnt think you are attractive or she didnt get a good enough look at you to tell either way if you were attractive or not.

but the moral of the story is , if she looks down its a very good chance shes at least open to you appraoching her.at least
Also alot of people are just insecure and they look down no matter who they make eye contact with. I was the same way when I totally lacked self confidence. Once I gained a tiny bit of self confidence, if I made eye contact with a girl instead of looking down I would look away. Which pretty much proves that any of these eye contact studies aren't a good thing to use when gauging interest.
 

Porky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Who is John Galt?
Is there a difference between a girl looking away and looking down after you make eye contact with her and catch her checking you out?
yes.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

BlackDragon

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 30, 2003
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Location
VA
Girls looking down

Maybe they are looking at your shoes :)

I talk to this girl that sits across from me in class and she always look down when we talk. We only have eye contact for a couple of seconds before she looks down. Look like she is always looking at my shoes. At first I thought she was shy, but she always start convo with me. Maybe its itimidation.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by wonderboy040587
lol... i love these kinda questions .... u guys wanna know everything so specificially... but sorry i don't have an answer...
Yeah, we can be analytical to a fault.
 

KnightRyder

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
271
Reaction score
0
Age
45
this same point is what I wrote about in my thread, but I m still curious to know the difference. I think looking away cd mean shes not into you, but not quite sure if looking down cd mean interest ...
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Originally posted by KnightRider
this same point is what I wrote about in my thread, but I m still curious to know the difference. I think looking away cd mean shes not into you, but not quite sure if looking down cd mean interest ...
Looking away does not mean she doesn't like you. Some of you guys act as if every girl has extreme confidence and will stare at whoever makes eye contact with them:rolleyes:
 

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 23, 2004
Messages
1,335
Reaction score
27
Looking away does not mean she doesn't like you. Some of you guys act as if every girl has extreme confidence and will stare at whoever makes eye contact with them
Once I was in a bus an I occasionaly made eye contact with a blonde babyface girl (with a curly hair) and I noticed she started to look at me. I think it was a kind of test to see who was stronger to maintain the eye contact longer.

I started to look at her and she did it too. I think it lasted 10 to 15 secs!!!! Then finally she gave up and looked down. After that she opened her diary and started reading!!

It was strange!!!!!

:p
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

cockydude

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 29, 2004
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Age
51
Since this thread seems to be all about eye contact, let ME ask a question, hehe.

How about, repeated, intense, eye contact lasting 20-30 seconds at a time? I have a 'friend' (grrr.....im trying) that i go out with on a regular basis that does this with me, and has ever since the day we met. I will notice her staring/looking at me out of the corner of my eye, and then when i look at her, she doesnt turn away. She did this last weekend when we were out to dinner, and i noticed her, turned to look, and our eyes locked for like 30 seconds before she said......"whaaaaaat.....:p".......this happens with us ALL the time. And during conversation, our eyes RARELY leave each other's.

But you guys probably already know all this from my other threads, ALL of them about her ;)
 

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
373
Reaction score
2
Well let me clarify a bit, with those studies, It wasn't just talking about a 1 sec or split second glance, the subconcious descision to look down or look away was made after several secs of eye contact, you all know how long im talking about, just on the brink where it goes from normal to uncomfortable to hold EC. Obvoisly if A chick keeps eye contact with you for more than 1 to 1.5 secs then she see something in you thats interesting, and at the point when it gets uncomfortable to hold ec , she'll either look down or away, if she looks down chances are shes all game go for her.

I have even caught myself doing this, If Im not trying to do eye excerises, and I glance at and hold ec with a chick that isn't so hot for 1 secs or more ill look away SUBCONSCIOUSLY. As if to say to her with my actions , sorry but you are not my type. It happens naturally like that.
 

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
1,007
Reaction score
3
Back when i was too afraid to approach I never looked down after making eye contact with a pretty girl. I would just stare staight ahead. I was too afraid too approach but I knew it would make me look submissive if i looked down. So just remember just because a girl looks away it doesn't mean she didn't like you.
 

Skel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
10
what if she looks up? That means she doesnt respect you and wants to eat you?
 
Top