Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Eye contact question (looking away vs. looking down)

Reaction score
Is there a difference between a girl looking away and looking down after you make eye contact with her and catch her checking you out?

wonderboy040587

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol... i love these kinda questions .... u guys wanna know everything so specificially... but sorry i don't have an answer...

m4a1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Who is John Galt?
Is there a difference between a girl looking away and looking down after you make eye contact with her and catch her checking you out?
Ask the girl yourself. While you're at it make a move on her.

Problem solved.

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why should you care? The end results are the same...

I don't care how a girl looks at me, If I caught a girl looking at me in any way I would consider a IOI I would be over there quicker than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest.

What were you doing the entire time?

Dapper Swindler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a question. How do you know when a girl is "checking you out"? Maybe I don't know because it's never happened. I've only seen girls looking in my general direction a few times. Were they checking me out? How can one tell?

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dapper Swindler
Here's a question. How do you know when a girl is "checking you out"? Maybe I don't know because it's never happened. I've only seen girls looking in my general direction a few times. Were they checking me out? How can one tell?
Normally when they are staring at you and not saying anything. If not you can always use that as an excuse to approach and get to know a girl anyways.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some might just be looking at you in a normal way meanwhile some will look like their eyes are about to pop out of their head. Eevrybody is different.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking down = internal feelings.

If she's shy and likes you, she'll look down.

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a question. How do you know when a girl is "checking you out"? ... How can one tell?
You can tell when you go up to her and introduce yourself to her. If you build up enough rapport, then ask for her number in an appropriate way. You'll know then if she was really checking you out or just noticed that ugly booger hanging from your nose.

Maximus_Decimus

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ice Cold

If she's shy and likes you, she'll look down.
It's not always 100% certain she likes you. Some people are just really insecure and look down when they make eye contact with anybody.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With me, I make eye contact and smile, they look sideways, turn their body an move away. I always check my zipper so I know it's not that.

You expert guys are saying I suppose, don't try and mind read go over and find out yourself and in anycase the dominant gesture may raise your attraction anyway.

Those with more fragile egos I guess are trying to limit their rejections to protect themselves.

Do you suggest even if I get the looks I do I should still try her out, or must I be sending some major neg vibes that need sorting?

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fatality
It's not always 100% certain she likes you. Some people are just really insecure and look down when they make eye contact with anybody.
Agreed

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed (and not to toot my own horn, but I'm a good looking guy) is that some ch*cks will walk past me, after they've had a look at a distance, and while they walk past me, won't look completely away, but, as they come close up, will not look directly at me, but keep an eye on me out of the corner of their eye, to see if I check them out.

Then they'll continue on their merry little snobby-assed, attention seeking way. These are the attention hors, usually with boyfriends - more interested in seeing if they can catch the attention of a good looking guy in order to feed their own egos.

Some women thrive off of this - just to see if the good looking ones will give them an extra looksie. Sometimes I oblige them, sometimes not. I know one ch*ck I see on the bus all the time that really isn't much without her makeup on and all dolled up is always trying to see if she can get me to check her out with her big ass engagement ring on. This particular one bothers me, but I'll probably throw her a bone sometime.

madgame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im not really into going into detail about such things, but Ive read before that looking down (if its a female) means fear/respect or whateva in the animal kingdom, which translates as follows:

If a girl looks down (and then away) after looking at you it's a good sign if she just looks away it means she wsa just glancing at you but didnt like u and just looked away. Dont tell me 2 explain this but I think its got to do with the whole alpha male and dominance thing (like PS said).

But hey Im just citing what I read. In my opinion this might be true but on the other hand if a girl digs you and isnt overly shy shell hold the gaze or glance back at you (not just once).

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
all the girls I looked always turned away, only a few looked down :( :( :(

Blue Phoenix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don´t lay all eggs in a basket!

Once I was in a bus and I "locked" eyes with a girl in another bus through the window, then she looked away.

I said: that´s ok, it was just an occasional look.

Some time later when her bus was side by side to mine, I noticed she was looking at me with a very friendly face and even turned her neck a little to see me!!! :p

You never know. Maybe she was shy, but she just looked away, she didnt looked down!

So, was it an exception?

Women...

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just because a girl looks aways after glancing at you doesn't mean she dislikes you. If a chick looks at you and you're interested go talk to her. Don't worry about "oh she looked away instead of down":rolleyes: That doesn't mean ****. People analyze eye contact way too much around here. I said this in one of the other 1000's of eye contact threads here but I feel if a girl is staring at you as if her eyes are about to pop out of her head and she kind of looks shocked or scared than that is the only almost 100% certain way of eye contact that she is interested. For a girl to look at you like that and not be interested there would have to be blood shooting out of your eyes.