Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Extremely Weak Wrists

Spade_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I have small (structurally) and "dainty" wrists. They're extremely weak and I've broken both of them at one point. The left one which healed completely is fine, however I'm having problem with the right one. Whenver, I use it too much it starts to pain me. This happened a lot after I had the cast removed but then got better and only hurt occasionaly.

Friday I was punching a punching bag and everthing was alright. Saturday no problems. Today (sunday) it's hurting the most it has ever since getting the cast removed and I broke it 2 years ago. So I have a few questions:

Anyone experienced something simillar and have advice? How should I strengthen my wrists to make them bigger, stronger, and healthier.

Thanks.

MrGold

Don Juan
Reaction score
Push ups. And take Glucosamine Sulphate as a supplement for healthy joints and ligaments.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have dainty wrists too. Never posed any actual problems, but it sucks having girl-sized wrists. I don't think there's anything you can do to really make them any bigger.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you tried one of these?

http://www.jumpusa.com/dynaflex_powerball.html

It helps me a lot with wrists. It will also help build your forearms too. I have a basic one that doesn't light up or anything. I've noticed that a lot of people in the medical community recommend these things too.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you wrap your hands when you hit the bag? If not, try doing that, the wraps give some protection to your wrists.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do pushups.
I had serious trouble with my wrists, after a boxing injury, because for 4 months I did nothing but pushups, which loosened my wrists terribly.
Do KNUCKLE pushups, sure.
Take the weight off a dumbell and rotate it in front of you, lever it one side to the other.
Do some heavy grip work, like towel pullups.
Wrist curls with light dumbells or weight plates.

MrGold

Don Juan
Reaction score
MrS said:
Do KNUCKLE pushups, sure.
Yeh those are actually better, keeps the wrists straight and relieves excessive tension exerted from body weight.

Spade_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
For the powerball couldn't I just use a regular ball. Also, I can do pushups alot of pushups when my wrists are fine without anyproblems but right now I'd probably struggle to do 15 because of the wrist. I guess it'll heal in some time, it just sucks to have wrists smaller than some girl's wrists.

HK1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Id leave push up out for now, unless you're going to do it with knuckles.

Start working your grip & forearms. Take is slow, and do some dumbbell twists (exactly what it sounds like) and again, take it slow. Im not sure how hurt your wrist are but Id suggest starting with 5lbs and working your way up with what you feel comfortable doing.

Throw in some wrist curls (both sides) & plate curls to strengthen them a bit more & work your way up. I dont want to throw #'s out to work towards, but you'd be surprised at how strong your wrists & grip can get with a bit of work.

Good luck.

Falcon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Spade_1 said:
For the powerball couldn't I just use a regular ball. Also, I can do pushups alot of pushups when my wrists are fine without anyproblems but right now I'd probably struggle to do 15 because of the wrist. I guess it'll heal in some time, it just sucks to have wrists smaller than some girl's wrists.
A regular ball? You mean a regular ball without a gyro? It wouldn't have the same effect. the powerball is a gyro, and when started, you can ramp up the speed of the gyro to incredibly fast rotations. The rotations causes torque which will train and strengthen the muscles. Here is the most common way for starting the gyro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFe51e4Cieo
I got mine at a local sports store for 20 bucks. One of the best investments I made in terms of fitness/rehab products.