Exit plan from gf

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically I need 6 months to sort out a financial purchase we made (going to give her the half she paid so I can keep the item) so when I break it off I won't have to talk to her ever again. If we didn't make this purchase together I would have left by now but I don't want any loose ends.

Thing is it seems her interest is declining.. She's calling less often/texts are less enthusiastic/less eager to see me (I work away)/less affection (still have sex)/sh!t testing more... My gut is telling me there's another guy in the picture. I don't think it's sexual but I get the feeling there's some emotional cheating going on. I have access to her fb/phone and am weighing up whether to verify.

It's a tricky situation where my ego is taking a hit from her declining interest even though I want to leave her.

I'm not sure how to handle things from here.

Killakittie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Idk i'm no expert by any means but my gut and intuition has never let me down. I'd verify it on her phone then jump ship without making a big ruckus.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically I need 6 months to sort out a financial purchase we made (going to give her the half she paid so I can keep the item) so when I break it off I won't have to talk to her ever again. If we didn't make this purchase together I would have left by now but I don't want any loose ends.

Thing is it seems her interest is declining.. She's calling less often/texts are less enthusiastic/less eager to see me (I work away)/less affection (still have sex)/sh!t testing more... My gut is telling me there's another guy in the picture. I don't think it's sexual but I get the feeling there's some emotional cheating going on. I have access to her fb/phone and am weighing up whether to verify.

It's a tricky situation where my ego is taking a hit from her declining interest even though I want to leave her.

I'm not sure how to handle things from here.
She might be getting used to you and you guys might've been talking too much. Maybe you already "have" her so she isn't acting like it's all new.

I'd verify before pulling the plug. When people get used to you, their super excitedness behind you will drop. However you'd get a strong reaction if she knew you where around another female.

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is this item you have to live in hell for the next 6 months? Is it really worth it?
It's a boat we went halves in so yeah it's worth it as I got it custom built.

Thinking of moving out like it used to be but I know that won't go down well. Is an option though.

AllDay85

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would definitely check out her phone and fb. If you don't want to be with her anymore, then get out as soon as you can.
Checking her phone puts you in the ranks of betas; plus it gives her free reign to call you a 'stalker' and 'creep' and activate various feminized social conventions designed to ruin you.

Better to just do what needs to be done. Be forceful but diplomatic.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Checking her phone puts you in the ranks of betas
I disagree. It's only a "beta" move if you find her doing something bad, confront her about it, and beg her to stop doing it.

The more you know about her, the better you can adjust your life and your plans accordingly. If she's truly a good woman, you won't find anything interesting. If she's been misbehaving, she should be dumped.

It's a boat we went halves in so yeah it's worth it as I got it custom built.
NEVER go halvsies on major purchases with a woman, unless you're willing to throw it away when the relationship turns sour. If you wanted the boat, you should've saved up the cash and bought it yourself. Going halvsies gives her power.

AllDay85

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree. It's only a "beta" move if you find her doing something bad, confront her about it, and beg her to stop doing it.

The more you know about her, the better you can adjust your life and your plans accordingly. If she's truly a good woman, you won't find anything interesting. If she's been misbehaving, she should be dumped.
Looking for something at all shows lack of game. For starters, a Don Juan doesn't care what she does, he's too busy warding off other women.

And you're also failing to admit that all women are spinning plates. Accepting reality means there's nothing on her phone that will surprise you.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Looking for something at all shows lack of game.
Looking for something shows that you're not willing to waste time and money on a bad investment. Game cannot change the core values of a woman. If she's rotten in the core and you don't bother to check, you might as well set each of your paychecks on fire for your stupidity to place trust in something you know nothing about.

a Don Juan doesn't care what she does
A Don Juan cares about the things he invests his time and money into, and invests those things wisely.

he's too busy warding off other women.
Have you ever actually "warded off" women? It takes little time and effort. There are always other women interested in me. All I do is give them a number and let them get in line. If my current GF is worth my time and money, those other chicks will just keep waiting in line. If I find out my current chick has rotten core values, there might be a better one waiting in line.

Checking her phone and FB isn't to see if she's cheating so you can confront her with an ultimatum, it's to gauge her value for your investment. If she's fvcking around, should you invest more time and money in her? Would you rather invest time and money into a woman who's fvcking around on you without your knowledge?

And you're also failing to admit that all women are spinning plates.
If she's spinning plates, then you should be as well. Keep yourself on the same level as her. If she wants to be exclusive, then the plate spinning should end and you should be making that clear.

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NEVER go halvsies on major purchases with a woman, unless you're willing to throw it away when the relationship turns sour. If you wanted the boat, you should've saved up the cash and bought it yourself. Going halvsies gives her power.
Yeah I was blinded by finally getting my dream boat. Going to give her what she put in so it's legally mine only. Then bail.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Checking her phone puts you in the ranks of betas; plus it gives her free reign to call you a 'stalker' and 'creep' and activate various feminized social conventions designed to ruin you.

Better to just do what needs to be done. Be forceful but diplomatic.
Sorry, but I agree with Des. I don't think there is anything wrong with checking the phone as long as she doesn't know and you don't confront her. If your checking a plates phone, that's different. But, if it's an ltr, you need to know what she's up to.

LiveYourDream

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why can't you move on, sign a written agreement to take the boat and make automatic monthly bank transfers to her account, until you have paid her/the boat off? Automatic transfers require no regular contact. She sees the money in her account every month and is happy you kept your word and she does not have to worry about it. Clearly it is your dream boat. I imagine she is not going to want to be stuck with it or the hassle of having to sell it. She'll probably be relieved you want it and are going to pay her for her part.

Six months is a big chunk of life to be around someone who you don't really want to be with. No matter how you work it, it is usually a big energy drain. You could be living your life in a way that makes you happy.

Is the issue really about the finances and the boat, or are you just not ready to call it quits with her yet?

Fireballs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why can't you move on, sign a written agreement to take the boat and make automatic monthly bank transfers to her account, until you have paid her/the boat off? Automatic transfers require no regular contact. She sees the money in her account every month and is happy you kept your word and she does not have to worry about it. Clearly it is your dream boat. I imagine she is not going to want to be stuck with it or the hassle of having to sell it. She'll probably be relieved you want it and are going to pay her for her part.

Six months is a big chunk of life to be around someone who you don't really want to be with. No matter how you work it, it is usually a big energy drain. You could be living your life in a way that makes you happy.

Is the issue really about the finances and the boat, or are you just not ready to call it quits with her yet?
Asked for a pay rise and got one this week. If I budget strictly I can have her money in 2 months.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong or beta about checking her phone, but why bother. You already sense her dwindling interest. If she wants to keep you around she should prove it with actions. Trust your instincts.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get a small loan that you can pay off quickly. Drop her half on the table and scoot.

If you want out, never stay with a chick longer than you should. That is hell.