"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

EX being quite annoying...

Walk this Way

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
107
Reaction score
1
I have an unusual predicament. I dated this girl for some time. She lost interest in me and I dumped her before the relationship got worse. I don't know where exactly things began to go wrong. I figure her interest was low from the beginning. But she knew that when I dumped her, it was only as a defensive mode to avoid future pain for myself, and she knew that I still liked her a good deal. Which I did. Now I hate her.

I totally avoided her for some time. But now, unfortunately, we are taking some of the same classes and are forced to work together and see each frequently. It's been a nightmare for me.

She has a new boyfriend who she talks about ALL the time with me. I quickly change the subject, so I suppose she knows I don't like to talk about it. She'll talk about how they go to all the same places I took her. She glorifies everything he does. And she does it constantly. At the same time, she LOVES to put me down. She'll say that she's just joking, but it's ridiculous how often she'll actually disrespect and insult me. I'm not much of a talk-backer, so that adds to her glee. I don't wish to go down to her level because I respect myself. Furthermore, she would be indifferent to my comments anyway. She behaves very immature in this sense. She has never said anything positive about me, frequently ignores me. She claims she's my "best friend" but she's a terrible friend to me. I don't want her at all.

Never mind that it hurts me to see her with a new boyfriend. It also makes me quite angry to hear her annoying, immature BS directed towards me. I am sick and tired of it but I wish to approach this in an effective, mature manner. The difficulty is that I need to put up with her and maintain a decent level of interaction because she will unfortunately be a part of my life for some time. So I cannot blow her off, as much as I'd like to do so.

What is the best way to approach this? Please keep in mind I obviously don't want her as anything. I just want to keep our "relationship" on good terms while I have to. I simply don't want to deal with her malicious games.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

JD-1024

New Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Heres what you do:

1. Tell her you do not appreciate hearing about how great her new boyfriend is, you don't care!

2. We aren't best friends, so don't even act like we are

3. I will be civil to you, because I'm not an ass hole, but stop putting me down, even though you are joking, because I don't appreciate it.

You need to basically just let her know flat out, you have no interest in her, and you don't care about her love life, you have to work together so you will do so in a nice way, but don't want anything else to do with her. She'll probably get pissed, but since you aren't trying to score with her, who gives a crap? :D
 

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,015
Reaction score
5
What an annoying little attention wh*re!! I would tell her to "walk this way", out the door, and then kick her up the azz.

But seroiusly: Tell her to grow up and stop being a little brat.
 

dread man

New Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Age
61
Location
miami
HEY DREAD ,IF YOU DON,T NEED HER FOR ANYTHING WHY ARE YOU EVEN DISCUSSING HER?... SERIOULY MAN TRY TALKING TO HER AS STRICKLY FREINDSHIP AND SOME SEX AND LET HER KNOW THAT THE BOYFREIND GIRLFREIND THING IS LONG DONE WITH AND YOU ARE OVER IT...NEVER LET HER KNOW YOU STILL LIKE HER THAT WAY....IF YOU CANT HANDLE IT LEAVE IT TO THE NEW PLAYER SHE NOW HAS .....YAH MON....
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
she likes you and wants you back by trying to make you jealous. Or she wanted to dump you and this is revenge. Bah. Just tell her you don't give a fvck and if she keeps talking about it get up and walk away.

Oops, I've out stepped my high school forum boundaries!
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
I can only echo what has already been said here. It sounds like she's trying to convince you or herself that she's happy and over you.

Try playing along with her a little, like "I'm really glad to see you are so happy and you have met someone you like." Keep acting as though you're really pleased that she's "moving on".
 

Walk this Way

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 2, 2004
Messages
107
Reaction score
1
Thank you for your advice. I am quite certain that she does not have any feelings for me whatsoever. In fact, I think the only reason she hung out with me or called me her "best friend' was because I was just a constant reminder that she was a likeable person. I basically existed as her emotional tampon self-esteem booster. If she starts up again tomorrow when I see her, I will tell her very firmly to stop and that we're simply regular acquaintance-type "friends".
 

nw1512

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2002
Messages
148
Reaction score
2
Age
46
Location
Australia
You know the answers mate

The confimation is in the above posts

All the best
 
Top