Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ever had a female friend give you her friend's number?

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello sosuave

So a female friend of mine posted a picture of her pretty friend on her status. I thought she was attractive and I replied with the eyes . My friend then replied with 'you likey?'. I told her I did and of course she teased me. I asked what university the girl goes to and it happens we attend the same uni, same faculty.

I asked my friend if she's dating anyone, she says no then I asked her to link us up. She says she'll ask her friend.
She sent her friends number to me that evening and adds we're rooting for you

I'm about to message the girl but I just want to prepare a bit more.
Have you ever been in this situation? What should I keep in mind?

PS: We are on break currently so there's no way I can see her for a while. What do you think I should do

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes and like the above poster go as usual.

Im my experience women who end up getting a guys number from a friend seem to drop there "girl shield" fairly quickly but dont really value the relationship at first, she wont flake but she'll be ready to put your in the friend zone.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These situations aren't much different than meeting by random happenstance. I wouldn't sweat it.

If it works out, you'll want to avoid any sort of triangulation. I'll explain.
If you like her, then avoid as much as possible telling the mutual friend. You might think that having a potential messenger would be an advantage, but it's best to be aloof. Naturally, you don't want to over-play it by being too c0cky or indifferent. Basically, just change the subject if your mutual friend starts to probe.

(at least one) reason to avoid triangulation is because you'll be too easy to figure out. Part of attraction is having them experience a little anxiety and uncertainty.

As a general rule, women love a little drama and gossip. It's best to let them be fascinated by you - rather than being their source of entertainment.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah,I’ve been in that exact situation before. You should just text her,tell her who you are and how you got her number, and go from there.It won’t be hard because you were connected by a mutual friend, and she approved the mutual friend giving you her number.

Understand that your mutual friend probably had a moderate to extensive conversation with her about you,what you’re like,she probably even shared pictures of you.And understand that there will be conversations about how things progress between you two.

But don’t sweat it.The worst thing to do here is overthink things. You don’t need to break out the witty,bombastic lines yet.If anything they’ll be more impressed by your confidence in making a move quickly.Just get through the introduction phase first,build rapport with her.Light work.

Good luck.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello sosuave

So a female friend of mine posted a picture of her pretty friend on her status. I thought she was attractive and I replied with the eyes . My friend then replied with 'you likey?'. I told her I did and of course she teased me. I asked what university the girl goes to and it happens we attend the same uni, same faculty.

I asked my friend if she's dating anyone, she says no then I asked her to link us up. She says she'll ask her friend.
She sent her friends number to me that evening and adds we're rooting for you

I'm about to message the girl but I just want to prepare a bit more.
Have you ever been in this situation? What should I keep in mind?

PS: We are on break currently so there's no way I can see her for a while. What do you think I should do
I once saw a girl's pic on whatsapp with her friend and I asked her for her friend's number. We met and hooked up several times. The other girl also wanted to bang and the fact that I was banging her friend made her a lot more interested and eager to please. One night I did them both about an a hour apart.

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah,I’ve been in that exact situation before. You should just text her,tell her who you are and how you got her number, and go from there.It won’t be hard because you were connected by a mutual friend, and she approved the mutual friend giving you her number.

Understand that your mutual friend probably had a moderate to extensive conversation with her about you,what you’re like,she probably even shared pictures of you.And understand that there will be conversations about how things progress between you two.

But don’t sweat it.The worst thing to do here is overthink things. You don’t need to break out the witty,bombastic lines yet.If anything they’ll be more impressed by your confidence in making a move quickly.Just get through the introduction phase first,build rapport with her.Light work.

Good luck.
I messaged her already. Told her my name, and that I asked her friend for her number because I thought she was cute. Her replies are okay and we're seem to have some rapport

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yes, it's happened a few times...both times it was because she was too shy to come talk to me but liked me and her friend did the work for her.

Easiest lays of my life.

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How long?
Women like to play match maker yes.

If it is too long striking while the iron is hot might not be available.
You could facetime meet or just wait until you can meet in person.
This could be an obsticle.
About a month. Do you still think there's no need for a video call?