Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ever buy a home in the wrong place because you thought it was a good idea??

SpeedDemon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Several years ago I was working in the city and had enough of the city life... At 29. So, stupidly, I purchased a home in the rural part of the state about 45 minutes away from the city. While I enjoy the peace and quiet, after a decade or so I am thinking it's just a bit too quiet. Since I moved here, my social life has collapsed. Friends and family rarely visit, and once a woman learns where I live, they say I live too far away. Now, I'd go drive to them, family or friends, but that gets old and we just drift apart. For a while I thought I was just plan ugly, so I took a few days off as I am self-employed, and spent some time in the city. I used bumble, match and tinder, never had a problem setting up dates. But, as soon as I told them I am not from the city and I live in so in so 45 minutes away, they either ghosted or said this is not going to work. Yea, I can get single mommas around here to give me their time, but I am really not wanting to go down that path again. I did, out of loneliness a year or two ago and it was pretty much hell dealing with her.

So the question is, do I list my house and move? I actually love my house, as I made it to my liking, but who needs a 4000 sq ft house with 4 bedrooms when it's just me? I didn't buy it to impress anyone, I just was tired of living in an apt and around people all the time. I can get around what I paid for it, maybe a small loss, so no substantial loss since the mortgage was paid off at year 10. I am torn as I like the house, but the area, I have no love loss.

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't buy a smaller place nearer the city center and keep your home?

SpeedDemon

Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't buy a smaller place nearer the city center and keep your home?
Doesn't seem so. The real estate prices around here are nuts. A decent place to rent will set you back 2500 just on the rent. The only way I would be able to move is to sell my home and buy something closer. I am in a catch 22 situation where I am screwed either way it seems. I honestly do not know what to do. Either a, stay at my home and be socially isolated from everything or b, sell, take a 40k loss or so and buy something else. I am used to being alone, but I'd rather have the option to have a social life. Up at where I live, not possible for a single man.

R

Ranger

See if you can rent it out. I build my own when I want one but I generally roll the money up to the next build when I sell the one I’m in to avoid taxation.

I’m getting close to building another one. The house I’m in now cost me 230 to build and now it’s up over 550 so it’s time.

Look at your options. There are more out there than you think.

SpeedDemon

Don Juan
Reaction score
See if you can rent it out. I build my own when I want one but I generally roll the money up to the next build when I sell the one I’m in to avoid taxation.

I’m getting close to building another one. The house I’m in now cost me 230 to build and now it’s up over 550 so it’s time.

Look at your options. There are more out there than you think.
I did the same. It was a shortsale and I slowly rebuilt the basement and upgraded the house in certain areas. I upgraded the AC/Heat, lighting, security, pool, etc. Only thing I didn't do is repaint it that's $$$ and it's too much work for one man to do at 4000 sq ft.

I was considering renting it out as well, but I'd still need to move all my crap, unless I rent it out furnished; that may be an idea. The only problem would be that I need that money to get another place, so that's my issue. I tried looking for a cheap co-op to buy in the city, but that's 200k. Taxes and upkeep are nothing, but it's still another large expense.

R

Ranger

I did the same. It was a shortsale and I slowly rebuilt the basement and upgraded the house in certain areas. I upgraded the AC/Heat, lighting, security, pool, etc. Only thing I didn't do is repaint it that's $$$ and it's too much work for one man to do at 4000 sq ft.

I was considering renting it out as well, but I'd still need to move all my crap, unless I rent it out furnished; that may be an idea. The only problem would be that I need that money to get another place, so that's my issue. I tried looking for a cheap co-op to buy in the city, but that's 200k. Taxes and upkeep are nothing, but it's still another large expense.
I see what you’re up against. I understand it. The first time I built, I moved out to the acreage from the burbs and lived in a fifth wheel trailer.

Sell it, rack the money, buy two places in the city and rent one out. Look Into that. There could be a great opportunity there.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How about you keep your house in the quiet area and just rent a room with other people in some place nearby the city?

You will have a base op close to the city and the big house for when you need to recharge.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Same problem here man. I have a house 1 hours drive from the city, and it's nice there, quiet, nice view, clear air, sea, mountains, it's a fking paradise, but I had no personal life there at all. I moved for the winter into the city, I do own an apartment in the city, and everything changed on a dime, suddenly I'm getting dates, I'm spinning plates, I'm fking again, there is even a gym near me which I am planning on hitting. Living in the city is a wonderful experience man.

You definitely need to consider moving to a city. But before you do, consider different cities, perhaps even post the city you're at. It would be good idea to rent something there for a month real cheap to test it out, before the big move. Key word is real cheap. Another thing, self employed is sh1t, unless you have your own business, then it's good. Employment is the key here my man.

One more word about single mommas, you gotta love them. They are low maintenance, low price, high mileage, experienced women. They are always down for good sex, and if one brakes down like an old used car, you just get another one for cheap. I'm fking loving dating them! They always get the cheapest thing on menu to impress my ass, as if to show me how good of a wife material she is, economical!

SpeedDemon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in Rockland County, NY. I love the house, not crazy about the area, but I've outgrown the city life. There are certain pluses to city life, but the negatives are that you hear everything that's going on in the condo or apt your living in. In a house, it's mostly peaceful. Though, the law mowers do bother me in the summer. It was much easier to date around here when I first moved. Nowadays, it's mostly single moms or fat whales. I am in shape, decent looking and have my finances in order. For a time I just thought I was maybe ugly or something so I spent the weekend in NYC. I had, kid you not, over 100 likes and swipes on Bumble and Tinder. When I came back to the house, most either closed me out or ghosted me.

I can buy a small co-op in Washington Heights, NY for around 150k, but I am not sure how much I'd stay there. I like my house and the privacy it affords, it's just my social life is, well, dead. Social as in sex, not hanging out with other people my age. I join meetup groups for some activities, but some really interesting people in them. Some are normal, most are not. I am debating selling the house and either buying one around Greenwich, CT or Ramsey, NJ. At least we'd have rail service (no rail service in Rockland). Plus, I'd be around 15 minutes from the city, where I am now 45.

SpeedDemon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Same problem here man. I have a house 1 hours drive from the city, and it's nice there, quiet, nice view, clear air, sea, mountains, it's a fking paradise, but I had no personal life there at all. I moved for the winter into the city, I do own an apartment in the city, and everything changed on a dime, suddenly I'm getting dates, I'm spinning plates, I'm fking again, there is even a gym near me which I am planning on hitting. Living in the city is a wonderful experience man.

You definitely need to consider moving to a city. But before you do, consider different cities, perhaps even post the city you're at. It would be good idea to rent something there for a month real cheap to test it out, before the big move. Key word is real cheap. Another thing, self employed is sh1t, unless you have your own business, then it's good. Employment is the key here my man.

One more word about single mommas, you gotta love them. They are low maintenance, low price, high mileage, experienced women. They are always down for good sex, and if one brakes down like an old used car, you just get another one for cheap. I'm fking loving dating them! They always get the cheapest thing on menu to impress my ass, as if to show me how good of a wife material she is, economical!
I do pretty well for myself as a business owner. I like having the freedom of doing what needs to be done on my terms. I also setup streams of passive income from royalties, investments, and dabbing in some real estate. It's not that I cannot afford the apt and the house, I just do not know if I'd actually use the apt.

Single moms around NY are traditionally Jewish or Italian; neither are low maintenance, neither use birth control either. I tried it twice, and I always came dead last when they wanted to come first. Then, when you have them in a rotation, they b*tch and moan that they are being used only for sex and want more. I rather not argue, so I just block and move on. They put on an act for a month or two, then the real persona comes out. Maybe it's a NY thing.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
I heard that women in new york itself react badly on where the guy lives, something to the order of if he's out of town, no go. Where I heard it I don't remember exactly, but it must have been one of youtube dating videos, perhaps even AMS, no clue. Does that hold truth?

Also, how much would 1 bed room 1 bathroom apartment cost, and for how much could it be rented out?

SpeedDemon

Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard that women in new york itself react badly on where the guy lives, something to the order of if he's out of town, no go. Where I heard it I don't remember exactly, but it must have been one of youtube dating videos, perhaps even AMS, no clue. Does that hold truth?

Also, how much would 1 bed room 1 bathroom apartment cost, and for how much could it be rented out?
Seems so. What's AMS?

1 bedroom 1 bath co-op would be around $150k or a condo would be around 300k. The co-op cannot be sublet, the condo can.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Back several years ago, I guess three years ago, I was looking at some foreclosure auctions in Florida realestate market. I'm in Russia, and was planning moving back there, but it didn't happen. Anyways, I seen houses go for as low as $18,000. They did need repairing tho, but still. I guess I was watching something interesting on youtube at that time, and came across foreclosure market, and it was an interesting thing. I mean, you could buy such house, rebuild it, and sell it.

300k is way too much for a condo. It's Moscow prices. If you would rent it for $4,000, it would take you 75 years to pay for itself. That's nuts. I can see why you originally moved away from the city.

SpeedDemon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Back several years ago, I guess three years ago, I was looking at some foreclosure auctions in Florida realestate market. I'm in Russia, and was planning moving back there, but it didn't happen. Anyways, I seen houses go for as low as $18,000. They did need repairing tho, but still. I guess I was watching something interesting on youtube at that time, and came across foreclosure market, and it was an interesting thing. I mean, you could buy such house, rebuild it, and sell it.

300k is way too much for a condo. It's Moscow prices. If you would rent it for $4,000, it would take you 75 years to pay for itself. That's nuts. I can see why you originally moved away from the city.
That's Manhattan for you. I also checked the urban areas in New Jersey such like Jersey City or Hoboken and they are just as bad. It's pretty nutty what they charge for a small box. If I went to the Bronx it would be significantly cheaper, but I'd like to live in safe areas, not one where I can get shot or mugged. Seems I'm screwed.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No question for me, I'd keep the house and then try to buy something very small in the city. If you can pay off a mortgage, then you can afford to buy another place.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
That's why I mentioned Florida. It's full of women, and realestate prices are nice. To live nice in NYC you need to be Louis Rossmann, have an office for 10k in the city, and be making six figures monthly, be able to retire in your early 30s. I like Miami, I like Ft. Lauderdale and I'm in love with Tampa. I was working there once and we went to a strip club, my first ever strip club experience. Man!! That was the best ever $20 I spend. That chick was young, smelled nice, and had all the curves a man would desire. They have a college or a university there, which is nice.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
The problem is you're too dependent on OLD apps.

Rectify it by learning how to game women in real life.

99% of women on OLD are garbage.

SpeedDemon

Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is you're too dependent on OLD apps.

Rectify it by learning how to game women in real life.

99% of women on OLD are garbage.
It's where I live Spaz. Not many single women in these parts it seems. 99% of OLD women. Hmm, seems a bit high, no?