"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Ever been on Vacation? That's the mentality you need.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
43
Who's been on vacation, anywhere, be it 30 minutes away from, to as many as 20 hours away?

Show of hands?!

Do you remember the rush of NOT knowing what to expect, but being fully excited for whatever came of it?

Do you remember NOT expecting anything to come of it, yet meeting someone unique, fun, and different, be it new friends, or new girls?

Do you remember the feeling of NOT caring about the outcome of any situation, of living in the moment, and of making the most whatever came of it?

THAT'S HOW YOU OUGHT TO FEEL EVERYDAY AND EVERYWAY. WHETHER YOU ARE 3 minutes from your home, or 300 miles, or even 3000 miles. The likelihood of EVER meeting that person again is minimal, and who cares if you ever did, what's the worst that happens?

They don't like you?

So what, they didn't like you before you approached them, what changed since then?

This isn't the "I don't give a fawk" attitude, because in some ways, that has a habit of coming back and double crossing you. But it's the "I don't care what happens attitude, because I can't plan or predict the future."

I know we've all been there and felt the experience, the endorphins rushing through our body, the excitement of newness. Perhaps it was Disney world, or a ski trip, or Cancun, or a European vacation, or even a business trip. Bottom line, in each and everyone of us all that has to happen is to trigger the program mentally to behave in a sort of way, and it all clicks.

THIS is called NLP, again. When you picture a situation, to ascertain the feelings and skills from it to use in the future when you're most resourceful. It's a mental activity that results in increased happiness through a wider array of mental decisions.

Nearly every vacation I've been I've met a girl, not by force, but merely by chance that I let unfold. Some part of it that played into it was being a 'foreigner'. In most cases, we're all foreigners, since we're new to a town, a mall, a bar, a store, a state, or a country. Unless you're inside someone's reality, their 'monkey sphere' of understanding, you're a stranger.

Give it a try.


End.



A-Unit
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

rhsarrow17

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 2, 2004
Messages
107
Reaction score
1
Age
37
excellent point, A. I understand this well because one of my favorite successes came when I was on vacation on the opposite coast.
 

slipstreamer83

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
108
Reaction score
1
I know very well what you´re talking about. Whenever I go away from my living place to another, where I don´t know other people and I almost start from scratch, I don´t give a fvcking fvck.
 

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2004
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
43
On the $.

Exactly.

Moreover, how often do you go to a joint where you run into the same people?

Rarely? If ever?

The odds of running into the same people all the time only go up when your hang out joints turn into a scene from "Cheers" (which I've been to in Boston). If that's the case, maybe you need to rethink your strategy of meeting women.

I can honestly say I've seen 1 girl a few times repeatedly at locations because I was going to the clubs at least 2 nights/week every week all during the spring and summer. Worst case scenario? It was a joke between us. Moreover, the familiarity breaks down the barriers between you. If you go with that mentality, it's all a game.

I think I've met a girl I could have fvcked on every vacation I've been on.

Why do you think places like Cancun, college hotspots, and Ibiza see such high rates of hooking per person?



A-Unit
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top