"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Ethics, please help!!!

slipstreamer83

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
108
Reaction score
1
Hey guys,

I have not seen any discussion about this before, so that´s why I open a new thread. Here we go:

A friend of mine had a relationship with a girl. My friend, the girl and me study at the same school, and I am friends with both. They already ended their relationship, but they still feel something for the other person.

However, I am getting the impression that this girl is subtly hitting on me. Since she sees that the prior relationship hasn´t got a future, she maybe wants to move on. Now, I am not very sure about the interest level of this girl for me, but I want to find it out.

On the other hand, my friend (the guy, who is a close friend) has to hame her always when we speak. He definitely likes this girl, even though he says that he doesn´t mind.

Now, my problem is that I want to find out what are my chances with this girl, but I don´t want to screw it up with my friend. My idea was to tell the girl to go for a very light date both alone to see where we stand. But as I speak with her setting up the date, my friend could be on my head.

To make things worse, everyone knows everyone in the place where I study. So rumours are faster than light

So I don´t know, have you ever seen yourself in this situation? What can you say about it? I don´t necessarily need advice on "do this" or "do that", but to see your perspective on the situation.

Thanks!!!
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2004
Messages
952
Reaction score
1
Age
49
Location
UK
Two friendships are at risk here. What you need to do is ask how valuable they are to you, because you have to be prepared to lose both.

But that's your risk. You also need to bear in mind that any move on this girl is going to hurt your male friend and possibly affect him in a bad way, and possibly for a long time - i.e. trust issues, bitterness, low self-esteem and so on. It's hard losing someone you care about, but it's gutwrenching to lose her to someone you consider a friend.

I'm not judging what's right or wrong, but as a stranger, I'm speaking from a detached and objective perspective.
 

chili kat

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
149
Reaction score
1
Always get your buddy's blessings first. I'm saying this as a man who has given those go ahead nods myself.
 

slipstreamer83

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
108
Reaction score
1
Yeah, you are right. My male friend has low self-esteem issues. That´s why she dumped him. I don´t know yet whether she wants me or not, but I think she has already perceived that I´m much more confident than my male friend.

Plus, I´m very much focused on my studies. They get so much time, and I don´t want to screw it up with the exams in June. I feel more confident, but I´m not chasing girls at the moment (I get a phone number here and there sometimes, but nothing on a regular basis).

If the girl wants me, she has to be aware of the situation. It is very delicate, and I need to be very subtle with her. To tell the truth, I want her to show red flags. If she shows interest level, then I´ll have to work on her. I couldn´t lose the opportunity.

Duh.
 

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
424
Reaction score
3
Location
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
What Chilli said. The rule is that you have to have your friend's permission, but the rule also says he can't say no to you. Just get that formality outta the way.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,313
Reaction score
2
Location
Moscow
Originally posted by chili kat
Always get your buddy's blessings first. I'm saying this as a man who has given those go ahead nods myself.
WTF does he need? A written paper singed by a notary? He has his blessings from his buddy already.

This is a sensitive issue, but on the other hand, a scandalous reputation is usually beneficial. Everybody notices you, everybody knows you, everybody heard that you broke off a girl and make her fall for you.

"bad reputation" is much better for getting chicks than being not noticed. Trust me.

Just go for the girl. Ask her out and try to lay her.
 

chili kat

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 22, 2003
Messages
149
Reaction score
1
Yeah... Try getting chicks when you have no friends. Good luck.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Top