Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Enjoys being single"? Srsly?!?!?1

Antedeus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Aight, gents, here's the deal: I'm a junior in college, and there's this chick who I've recently become friends with who is REALLY super-friggin'-hawt and SO smart and she and I get along very well. We're both very politically active, although we have some ideological differences, so we have fun debating and all that good stuff.

Here's the deal, though: I've already gone out with her once (took her to a bar with some good amateur bands last Wednesday), and on our way home, as well as a couple occassions since then, she's mentioned that she's happy being single. Not in response to anything I've said, mind you; she's mainly said it in conjunction with convos on relationships. Apparently, she's had some previous boyfriends who were at least a decade older than her and almost always ****heads.

So, I spose what I'm trying to ask you all is, have any of you ever encountered this statement before? If so, in your particular case(s), did the girl at hand really mean that she liked being single, or do you think she was trying to convince herself and failing? 'cause this one's throwing me lots of hopeful signals. She has trust issues, but implied that I could DEFINITELY "earn" her trust over time...

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you ask me she wants more attention and free dinners. however, if you play her correctly, you may be able to score with her but never make it into a relationship.
Read the bible and learn the ropes.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dentalfloss
you are definetly in the friend zone, no questions asked
Completely false. It depends entirely on the situation.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think you're in the friends zone yet, she might just be content with single life. She didn't say anything about how much she would hate to be in a committed relationship.

Just forget what she says. Move on with yourself and continue dating her till you get the kiss and proceed from there. If she really isn't interested, she'll reject your advances.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
From Personal Experience I would say she is sensing you are intrested in her but gives you a typical ******** answer" she's happy being single"

Translation: "As of right now I am happy being single because I have not yet met that guy who will sweep me off my feet, but when he will show up I will surely change my mind"

The truth is that she is not happy and she is looking - trust me they are always looking and unfortuntly if she was so blunt towards you, then it means you are not the kind of guy she is attracted to.

Start getting new numbers and let her see you with other hot women and be to buzy to hang out with her and then maybe your value will rise but if you continue doing what you are doing then its down the drain to the LJBF.

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It could be a legit excuse. I mean, I'm certainly happy being single because I have no desire to limit myself to one girl right now. So I could imagine a girl might feel the same way.

The fact that she has seemingly gone out of her way to tell you this is probably not a good sign. I would keep working on her, but have some backup plans in mind.

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dj is right on. I've encountered a few women in my day that have said things similar to this. I actually, placed myself right in the friend zone when I was an AFC. I didnt know it. When i went to throw out my feelings to her like a dumbass, she said something similar. Later as I became good friends with her, I found out she was just VERY VERY picky about guys (and she was only an HB6.5-7).

In all honesty, she's not interested. Girls don't say things like that if their interested in you b/c they dont want to scare you off. Think about it.

Recluce

Don Juan
Reaction score
read the ******** posts in the DJ Bible by Pook.

her: "im not looking for a relationship right now"
what it means: "im not looking for a relationship right now WITH YOU, but tommorow is not right now so I could get away with a relationship with someone that I meet tommorow and can still get away with being honest with you."

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, if you guys have sex, she'd still be single.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wiesman44
In all honesty, she's not interested. Girls don't say things like that if their interested in you b/c they dont want to scare you off.
Again, that's absolutely not true. It can mean that. It can also mean that she's very independent and is letting you know up front. It could be that she is trying not to seem needy. It could be that she honestly enjoys being single, but she might be open to a relationship or whatever if someone she really likes comes along. It can mean a lot of things.

It depends on the context. Notice the difference in the following two examples:

EXAMPLE 1
YOU: Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to go out again sometime. One of my friends is having a Halloween party next Saturday night... maybe you'd like to come with me?
HER: I'm not looking for a relationship right now. I really enjoy being single.

EXAMPLE 2
YOU: I can never handle these chicks that think that they got to be with me 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I've got my own stuff to do, and I need a lot of space.
HER: I know what you mean. I really enjoy being single... doing my own thing. I'm pretty independent.

See how in both cases she says "I really enjoy being single", but they mean two totally different things?

chicksrock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you spitting game at her?

-****y and funny
-kino
-eye contact
???????????

The TallOne

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've ran into a girl that shows extreme interest in me..

Lots of eye contact, very open body language, kinoing, and tons of laughing.

I mean, people think we are actually going out when we're talking..

I brought up the subject with her, on why she doesn't date. (There is a longer story to this which I don't want to re-explain)

She said she doesn't want to.. she doesn't feel that she wants to even get married. She was even thinkin of going into the nunhood (hehe, nunnery!).

Do I believe her? Not really. My gut is telling me that she is hiding something, either she is trying to protect her feelings, or something else.

I'll hang onto her.. if she comes around. Her personality is almost a match to mine, tis a shame she doesn't want to do anything.

I'll keep my options open with her, but, still continue to go after other girls.

You never know, patience with her might pay out, and she'll come out of her shell.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when a girls says that she likes being single it means the following.

1. I'm going through a phase in my life where I need to be a dirty slut and fcuk.
2. I'm not interested in you because you want a relationship and I want to be fcuked by many guys

so...

What you need to do is exactly what she is doing and turn thigns around. you need to tell her that you like being single and that the idea of a relationship is kind of disturbing to you.

also don't ever listen to what a woman says. they are all full of crap. the words that come out of their mouth are not to be taken seriously. You need to play it casual with her and date other women.

give other women attention and not her. if you are out with her check out all the other women you see. It should appear to her that you are not attracted to her. You need to make that hoe beg for attention.

If you do this at some point this girl will demand attention and then you can open her legs.

Maximus_Decimus

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Again, that's absolutely not true. It can mean that. It can also mean that she's very independent and is letting you know up front. It could be that she is trying not to seem needy. It could be that she honestly enjoys being single, but she might be open to a relationship or whatever if someone she really likes comes along. It can mean a lot of things.

It depends on the context. Notice the difference in the following two examples:

EXAMPLE 1
YOU: Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to go out again sometime. One of my friends is having a Halloween party next Saturday night... maybe you'd like to come with me?
HER: I'm not looking for a relationship right now. I really enjoy being single.

EXAMPLE 2
YOU: I can never handle these chicks that think that they got to be with me 24 hours a day, seven days a week. I've got my own stuff to do, and I need a lot of space.
HER: I know what you mean. I really enjoy being single... doing my own thing. I'm pretty independent.

See how in both cases she says "I really enjoy being single", but they mean two totally different things?
Giovanni is right on the money. Pay attention to the context when she says it. If she says she "enjoys being single" while you are pulling off her underwear and unstrapping her bra with no resistance from her, would you really believe her and stop in your tracks?

Listen to her actions and not what she says!

Maximus_Decimus

strong like bull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
maximus, kevin and giovanni are right on the mark. follow their advice. pay attention to the context; some girls genuinely are happier being single - e.g. casual dating. always take action, regardless of what women say. continue to break away at them until you get an outright, unquestionable, NO.

i know a couple girls who are "happier being single" and "relationships are for the weak." they like to tell me about how the guys they date (even their BFs) are chumps, too eager, too controlling, blah blah blah. they talk a lot of ****, but after a couple drinks, when you two are alone, comfortable, and the moods set, theyll fvck your brains out. regardless of whether either of you are single.

-SLB