Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Eat the Same Thing Every Day or Variety?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo guys. I’ve hit a fork on the road in my fitness journey, and I was hoping that you guys could guide me through it.

For fitness, I’ve been eating the same thing every single day. It is insanely helpful: life is so much easier doing this. Shopping for and cooking different meals every day was so draining: now I feel like I’m in total control of my diet. The weight is just melting off effortlessly. Food is just such a non-issue now.

And on top of that, it saves a ton of money. There’s no wasted food. When I eat the same thing every day, I can eat for about $60 a week, even on a diet where I have to buy expensive proteins.

So I love eating the same thing every single day. But one thing I haven’t figured out how to work into my eating algorithm is this: cravings.

For the last three days, I’ve had such a ridiculous craving for a deep fried burrito smothered in cheese from my favorite Mexican Place. I tried to just ignore it and eat my same stuff, but the craving was just too strong. I knew if I went to the Mexican Spot, that would end in a binge. So I went to the store, and picked up the ingredients to make a healthier version instead, with lean ground beef and such.

That’s better calorie wise than ending up at a bender at the local Mexican spot. But by the time I got done buying all of those ingredients, it nearly came out to $30: between burrito shells, seasoning, cheese, salsa, meat. That is freaking ridiculous, man. I’d have been better off just picking up a burrito from the local Mexican Spot to-go.

It makes me just want to go back to eating the same thing every single day. But I want to know what you all think. How do I handle situations like this? What do I do when a craving that strong comes up?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Never eat the same thing every day unless you want to run into autoimmune issues and low grade chronic inflammatory issues eventually.

Here is how things work in the body. Everytime you eat something, your body produces antibodies...normally these are very minor levels and don't cause a problem. However, if you continue to eat the same foods every day these antibodies never have a chance to dissipate and in fact continue to be produced every day leading to more and more of them being in your body.

Eventually your body reaches levels that are high enough that it starts treating these foods as "invaders" and it starts causing low grade chronic inflammation when you eat them due to an immune response being initiated. The longer this goes on, the worse it gets.

Your body then becomes reactive to this food and until levels are allowed to go down over the coming weeks or months you will stay reactive towards the food.

Always mix things up and try not to eat the same foods more than two days in a row and if you do that give it at least 2 or 3 days off.

Your body will thank you.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never eat the same thing every day unless you want to run into autoimmune issues and low grade chronic inflammatory issues eventually.

Here is how things work in the body. Everytime you eat something, your body produces antibodies...normally these are very minor levels and don't cause a problem. However, if you continue to eat the same foods every day these antibodies never have a chance to dissipate and in fact continue to be produced every day leading to more and more of them being in your body.

Eventually your body reaches levels that are high enough that it starts treating these foods as "invaders" and it starts causing low grade chronic inflammation when you eat them due to an immune response being initiated. The longer this goes on, the worse it gets.

Your body then becomes reactive to this food and until levels are allowed to go down over the coming weeks or months you will stay reactive towards the food.

Always mix things up and try not to eat the same foods more than two days in a row and if you do that give it at least 2 or 3 days off.

Your body will thank you.
I’ve heard of stories of bodybuilders literally throwing up whenever they try to eat egg whites or white fish. Maybe this is the reason why?

But I had no idea the human body worked like this. Thanks for the info.

tightgrp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you provide a reference on this? I want to study it further. May be running into this with eggs.

tightgrp

Don Juan
Reaction score
It makes me just want to go back to eating the same thing every single day. But I want to know what you all think. How do I handle situations like this? What do I do when a craving that strong comes up?
You will get food fatigue eating the same thing every day. Got to mix it up occasionally if just for your psyche.

SOG_85

Don Juan
Reaction score
Select a few recipes and rotate them. You won't become bored with the same things as soon this way. If you already have your health/fitness where you want it, plan a cheat meal once a week to satisfy your cravings.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Give Dr. E Braverman a read. The book younger thinner you is solid. Variety is better. If you want to get super aesthetic, go weeks doing just lean chicken breast and broccoli.