Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

dumbell curls and pushups

1-2-3

Don Juan
Reaction score
right now i'm away from home and don't have access to a gym or anything. all i have are some dumbells. what are the best things to do to try and ger bigger arms with just the dumbells and maybe some pushups?

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dumbbell curls, tricep extension, and diamond pushups.

1-2-3

Don Juan
Reaction score
any suggestion on # of reps and stuuf like that?

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
4-6 reps at 3 sets. But if the weight is too light, it won't do anything.

bman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
depends on how old you are. if you're too young then you dont want to hit anything too heavy. if you do pushups you should do them until you cant do them anymore.

Turalyon999

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just having dumbells doing 4-6 reps isn't going to help much, unless there pretty hefty. What you need to do, is figure out how many reps you normally do in the gym with those exercises that crazy kid suggested. Then what you need to do is see how the two weights compare (the dumbells you have and what you normally do in the gym) example: if you normally curl 200 and do 4 reps, and the dumbells you have are each 50, for a total weight of 100, you could do 8 reps and get the same benefit.

This is for working in exacts, I usually just try to go until failure each set. So do that if you can.

Turalyon

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you able to do pull-ups and dips? Shouldnt be too much of a prob - couple of chairs back to back for the dips and you can usually find something to do pull ups on. Dont worry whether the DBs are too light just use your imagination - or borrow mine - take less rest between sets, perform movements in a VERY slow and controlled manner with isometric holds if you like, do supersets, tri-sets and giant sets, perform a circuit of a number of exercises for different bodyparts. There are plenty of ways you can keep your training going with limited equipment.

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Turalyon999
Just having dumbells doing 4-6 reps isn't going to help much, unless there pretty hefty.
Ok, same thing I said.

What you need to do, is figure out how many reps you normally do in the gym with those exercises that crazy kid suggested.
If he doesn't have access to a gym, how is he supposed to do that? Cool, my name was typed...

Then what you need to do is see how the two weights compare (the dumbells you have and what you normally do in the gym) example: if you normally curl 200 and do 4 reps, and the dumbells you have are each 50, for a total weight of 100, you could do 8 reps and get the same benefit.

This is for working in exacts, I usually just try to go until failure each set. So do that if you can.

Turalyon
NO! NO! NO! You can NOT cut the weight in half, do double the reps, and expect the same results. Thats the same thing as saying "run a quarter of a mile and check your time. Multiply that by four and you have your mile time." There is a much different feeling between 4 reps on a heavy weight versus 8 simple reps on half that weight.

Turalyon999

Don Juan
Reaction score
I never said the result would be the same, I said the same amount of Work would be done. I used the wrong word, when I said benefit, I meant Work.