"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

"Due to a lack of Communication"

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 25, 2003
Messages
425
Reaction score
3
Location
Muskogee, OK
I met an older gal on Lavalife. We hit it off, not big time or anything, but it seemed like things went OK. Once we met on Lavalife, swapped brief emails and had a few Yahoo! IM chats.
I don't believe in talking too much before a first date, so a few lines into an IM conversation, I suggested we meet up at a diner in her area (she's a couple of counties north and west of me).
She readily agreed on a date and time - this was Sunday.
Now, I purposely didn't IM her during the week, and she didn't initiate any contact either. Didn't ask for her number.
But a few hours before our date, (with the assumption that she wrote down or mentally noted the arrangement), I emailed saying, "Hi, here is my cell# in case of any problems. Look forward to seeing you at 8:00 at the diner."
I drove 50 miles and waited until 9:15 - she didn't show up.
I got home and looked at her reply, it said something like, "Due to the lack of communication during the week, I forgot about our meeting. I don't think we should continue talking, I'm going to stop doing this whole online dating thing anyway."
Was it a mistake not communicating during the week? I think it keeps more of a sense of mystery and challenge not to make additional contact before a first date. Truth be told, it looks like her IL was fair to low in the first place - how do you just "forget" a first date so easily?
Any other thoughts about this whole thing?
Thanks...
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Ashlee Angel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 18, 2002
Messages
1,080
Reaction score
0
It might be the truth on the other hand it could be a lie.


Think about this what if you were a girl meeting a guy.

Your 5'5 125 lbs. meeting someone 6'1 190 by yourself. You could be meeting a killer.


I am really not for the online dating I think it's bullsh!t.
 

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 25, 2003
Messages
425
Reaction score
3
Location
Muskogee, OK
Helpful reply but...

1. We planned to meet up at a diner - busy public place
2. If fear was a factor why agree to meet in the first place?
3. My post was really more to find out from other guys if they agree with my strategy of "make a date and then keep quiet until then." In the past I've literally talked my way *out* of a first date by simply calling/emailing/IMing too much.
 

King Rat

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 12, 2002
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
Los Angeles, California
she's a DJ "victim"

Heh, I've seen billboards advertising Lavalife- they seem to all show 1 woman with guys fawning all over her, competing for her affections, while she just sits back and smiles.
Sounds like you WEREN'T being a pu**y, so she got all huffy about "not getting what she was promised" and jumped the site.If you hear from her again you can say HAHA pwnd:D .
 

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 22, 2003
Messages
324
Reaction score
0
Age
63
Location
Québec, Canada.
It might be the truth, but I doubt it. Either she met someone else in the meantime, or she just chickened out of the online dating experience.
Originally posted by King Rat
Heh, I've seen billboards advertising Lavalife- they seem to all show 1 woman with guys fawning all over her, competing for her affections, while she just sits back and smiles.
Yeah, they're ads are obviously aimed at attracting females, which I think is a smart marketing move, since the male/female ratio on most sites is rediculous.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 25, 2003
Messages
425
Reaction score
3
Location
Muskogee, OK
I'm sure it's happened to me before, but I can't see how that would be possible this time around.
I got there ten minutes (or so) early. I sat in a lobby with a high-backed bench - no way to see me from the parking lot.
The only way to check me (or anyone else sitting there) out would be to enter the lobby from a side door.
The only people that came in for fifty minutes were couples. One woman did come in by herself, but she bore no resemblance to the woman I was supposed to meet up with.
 
Top