Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Due to a lack of Communication"

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I met an older gal on Lavalife. We hit it off, not big time or anything, but it seemed like things went OK. Once we met on Lavalife, swapped brief emails and had a few Yahoo! IM chats.
I don't believe in talking too much before a first date, so a few lines into an IM conversation, I suggested we meet up at a diner in her area (she's a couple of counties north and west of me).
She readily agreed on a date and time - this was Sunday.
Now, I purposely didn't IM her during the week, and she didn't initiate any contact either. Didn't ask for her number.
But a few hours before our date, (with the assumption that she wrote down or mentally noted the arrangement), I emailed saying, "Hi, here is my cell# in case of any problems. Look forward to seeing you at 8:00 at the diner."
I drove 50 miles and waited until 9:15 - she didn't show up.
I got home and looked at her reply, it said something like, "Due to the lack of communication during the week, I forgot about our meeting. I don't think we should continue talking, I'm going to stop doing this whole online dating thing anyway."
Was it a mistake not communicating during the week? I think it keeps more of a sense of mystery and challenge not to make additional contact before a first date. Truth be told, it looks like her IL was fair to low in the first place - how do you just "forget" a first date so easily?
Any other thoughts about this whole thing?
Thanks...

Ashlee Angel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It might be the truth on the other hand it could be a lie.

Think about this what if you were a girl meeting a guy.

Your 5'5 125 lbs. meeting someone 6'1 190 by yourself. You could be meeting a killer.

I am really not for the online dating I think it's bullsh!t.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Helpful reply but...

1. We planned to meet up at a diner - busy public place
2. If fear was a factor why agree to meet in the first place?
3. My post was really more to find out from other guys if they agree with my strategy of "make a date and then keep quiet until then." In the past I've literally talked my way *out* of a first date by simply calling/emailing/IMing too much.

King Rat

Don Juan
Reaction score
she's a DJ "victim"

Heh, I've seen billboards advertising Lavalife- they seem to all show 1 woman with guys fawning all over her, competing for her affections, while she just sits back and smiles.
Sounds like you WEREN'T being a pu**y, so she got all huffy about "not getting what she was promised" and jumped the site.If you hear from her again you can say HAHA pwnd:D .

ZeeOwl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It might be the truth, but I doubt it. Either she met someone else in the meantime, or she just chickened out of the online dating experience.
Originally posted by King Rat
Heh, I've seen billboards advertising Lavalife- they seem to all show 1 woman with guys fawning all over her, competing for her affections, while she just sits back and smiles.
Yeah, they're ads are obviously aimed at attracting females, which I think is a smart marketing move, since the male/female ratio on most sites is rediculous.

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sure it's happened to me before, but I can't see how that would be possible this time around.
I got there ten minutes (or so) early. I sat in a lobby with a high-backed bench - no way to see me from the parking lot.
The only way to check me (or anyone else sitting there) out would be to enter the lobby from a side door.
The only people that came in for fifty minutes were couples. One woman did come in by herself, but she bore no resemblance to the woman I was supposed to meet up with.