Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dropping fatpercentage whilst maintaining muscle mass

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi all

I've been lifting weights for over a month now, although the progress is minimal, I do notice some difference.
As a result of more eating for the muscle mass, I also gained a couple of fatpercentages. At the moment I'm at 17%, which I really don't like.

I know it's not possible to loose fat and gain muscle mass at the same time, but my priority is now is to get that percentage down to 12-13%. What can I do best to maintain the (little) muscle mass I already have? Eat the amount of calories I need, keep training and start running 3 times a week? Or is something else better?

Thanks!

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok thanks, will read it later this day.

Breakfast: oatmeal with milk
Noon: 4 slices of bread with chicken or something else
15h: banana and a healthy biscuit
Dinner: whatever mom has made
Evening: 30g of peanuts and 2 oranges

This seems not many, but I made a schematic and it showed that this was perfect for me to gain weight in accordance to the amount of calories I need a day.

MikeBrown30

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
What is your height and weight? It doesn't look lke you are eating enough protein, which is why your results haven't been spectacular. When an un-trained person starts going to the gym, they will generally gain muscle mass and lose fat (noob gains/honeymoon period).

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
5ft and 7,7inches
138,6lbs

What can I change about my diet for the best results? I've read so much about the importance of a diet but also read so many different stuff. Milk, no milk, lots of fat,...

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, what are your goals, what are you trying to achieve?
Are you lifting weights to get stronger or to look more like a bodybuilder?

If your going for more of a physique I'd recommend eating cleaner foods and possibly add conditioning work at the end of your training or do some GPP (General Physical Prep.) on your off days.

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
wtf told you that you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time? they are full of it. Get Tim ferris;s book from your public library, THE FOUR HOUR BODY, and learn to eat mostly protein for breakfast, within 1/2 hour of waking.

HeadLightsOn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont forget the genetic component. Do you know your body type (ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph).

Improvements can be made but your genetics will determine a lot in the outcome.

case in point - my friend is very thin - an ectomorph. He has trained at a gym, med/heavy weights and eaten well for 8 months. He now has well defined muscle tone, and an extra 'layer' of muscle. A huge difference, but he's not body builder 'big' you know?

Have a look here to see what body type you are. Keep non essential fats and sugar out of your diet as much as you can, have good solid rest periods, and make the most of what you have!

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/body-types-ectomorph-mesomorph-endomorph.html

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I read it on numerous sites it was impossible to loose fat and gain muscle at the same time. Glad it is possible :).

My goals are to 'bodybuild', not like the big ones, but just a beachbody will suffice.

twentee

Banned
Reaction score
your body has no switch that says;'. ok, don't gain muscle", just beacuse you are losing fat. :) You lose muscle tissue if you don't USE it. /The body has what's called a "fat-sparing" mechanism/ preference, it will use up muscle instead of fat, if you do too much aerobic stuff, and don't also do the weights/machines/whole body build thing.