"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

Double Dating

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2020
Messages
188
Reaction score
282
Location
USA
So I just had my 2nd date with a lady and it was a double date with another couple that I am friends with. Date did not really end well and I think her interest in me fell. That’s no big deal because I now know that she has quite a few issues that kill my interest in her as well. I have no intention of asking her out again.

In general what do you think of double dates? I always thought they were quite a good idea but now I’m not sure. For example there were a couple of times that my friends mentioned things that made it look like they were trying to sell me, which I did not want them to do. So that’s a con, your friends might mess it up for you.

What are your thoughts?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
No double dates, no activity dates, no dates where getting to know each other involves many distractions for the first couple dates at least or until you have had sex. Because the purpose is to get to know EACH OTHER. There should be minimal distractions to facilitate this. Especially the older you get because older females often are trying to use you more for resources which includes free dinners and having fun(other than sex) like concerts, art events, etc.

It should just be drinks and you two to talk in a quiet(or semi-quiet) environment. That's it.
 
Last edited:

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
So I just had my 2nd date with a lady and it was a double date with another couple that I am friends with. Date did not really end well and I think her interest in me fell. That’s no big deal because I now know that she has quite a few issues that kill my interest in her as well. I have no intention of asking her out again.

In general what do you think of double dates? I always thought they were quite a good idea but now I’m not sure. For example there were a couple of times that my friends mentioned things that made it look like they were trying to sell me, which I did not want them to do. So that’s a con, your friends might mess it up for you.

What are your thoughts?
The whole point of a date is to get the girl alone and bang her. Other people are just going to kochblock you.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,863
Reaction score
19,089
So I just had my 2nd date with a lady and it was a double date with another couple that I am friends with. Date did not really end well and I think her interest in me fell. That’s no big deal because I now know that she has quite a few issues that kill my interest in her as well. I have no intention of asking her out again.

In general what do you think of double dates? I always thought they were quite a good idea but now I’m not sure. For example there were a couple of times that my friends mentioned things that made it look like they were trying to sell me, which I did not want them to do. So that’s a con, your friends might mess it up for you.

What are your thoughts?
No. Unless you have been dating her for a long time and are in an LTR.
 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,070
Age
40
I would say no double dates until like date #5-#6 -- definitely after you have already banged and you see you have some good chemistry personality-wise and not just looking to hit it. And even then I think you need to keep in mind who the other couple is. If you're heading out with your buddy who also is just looking to hook up with some chick later that night it could work at that point -- if you're heading out with your buddy and his wife of multiple years I think that could be VERY uncomfortable depending on the situation. Doing it any earlier than that and it throws all of the energy off and interferes with your ability to do kino which is huge in early dates.

I would agree that in general this is something you should save for LTR-type situations.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,788
Reaction score
8,860
Age
49
No double dates until a woman brings up the "relationship discussion". Period.
 

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 28, 2018
Messages
2,852
Reaction score
5,070
Age
40
It's funny that this topic popped up yesterday because I actually just got a double date set for tonight (agreed to go with a buddy and his girlfriend and one of her friends). Don't know much about the friend of the girlfriend that I am on the date with. I am going in with zero expectations for anything but I am going to try to escalate. Should be a fun challenge that I am not used to.
 

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
2,444
Reaction score
2,738
Age
52
Made me laugh. I was thinking back to a wine tasting trip where I was more or less my female friend's DATE and I just kinda thought it was a friends thing....

If I'm asked to be a date for a third wheel I just channel my inner gigolo and give her the time of her life. She doesn't ever have to see me again but I want her to have fun...I'm doing it for my friends (the couple) not myself. When you look at it that way even if you don't "like" your date. you can have fun. It's like taking kids to the amusement park. You have fun seeing that they are having fun....
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
Bad idea until you're officially a couple, which is usually after multiple instances of sex.
 

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
898
Reaction score
1,029
I never liked double dates, even in relationships.
It's just too awkward.

Although, some people have used double dating as a social crutch or for social proof.
 
Top