Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Don't want a Civil Marriage

Alpheta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So im going to get married soon. However, I dont want to get a civil marriage. I am of a certain religous background and we have our own tradition so that should be enough to get the two of us married off.

The problem I have is 'civil marriage.' Going official with gov/law doesnt sit right with me. Like i am submitting myself to the other half and essentially giving away my rights.

I have spoken to her about this and she, although seemed off at first, seems to be okay with the idea of not getting in to a civil marriage.

What is your take on Civil Marriage?What are the pros/cons?Am i overreacting?

FwoGiZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are no pros to marriage, at all. Anyone who tells you the opposite is delusional or full of sh1t.
At the end of the day, whether religious or civil, it's the exact same sh1t... you sign off half your belongings and agrees to support your future lazy ex fat wife in a house you paid for while she bangs her new kick while you need to find a sh1tty appartment somewhere and keep working to pay off alimony.

Reason she probably doesn't want a religious marriage is probably cause she isn't religious and is awkward about it? I don't blame her....

I foresee huge issues in the future for you relationship wise.
Just being blunt n honest

Alpheta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There are no pros to marriage, at all. Anyone who tells you the opposite is delusional or full of sh1t.
At the end of the day, whether religious or civil, it's the exact same sh1t... you sign off half your belongings and agrees to support your future lazy ex fat wife in a house you paid for while she bangs her new kick while you need to find a sh1tty appartment somewhere and keep working to pay off alimony.

Reason she probably doesn't want a religious marriage is probably cause she isn't religious and is awkward about it? I don't blame her....

I foresee huge issues in the future for you relationship wise.
Just being blunt n honest
bold: well thats not true as the religous marriage does ot make one sign off any of those agreements. A CIVIL marriage does hence why I dont want a CIVIL marriage.

She is religous lol. People of pur background tend to get a religous ceremony as well as a civil one. I dont want a civil marriage as I see it me signing off all my rights.

FwoGiZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Where I am from, there are absolutely no differences. Check your sh1t carefully man....
I also hear that in the US, prenups are pretty much all tossed away once in court....

Let me ask you this; why are you getting married? What are you getting out of it? Be subjective, don't give me the whole emotional, commitment, stability bull****... with 70% divorce rate I am pre-calling the bs.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For a man there really arent any pros these days at least in the US. Without knowing your specific laws in your country its impossible to answer.

How "good" or "bad" it is largely depends on the terms of the contract. Pretty sure if the term of the contract was that guys get 100% of everything if there is a divorce, most guys would be advocating heavily for marriage.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anything that is goverment regulated, is a 'no-go'.

It's not really marriage, if a group of dumba$$e$, have a say in it.

Forget everyone's stupid opinion, and do some research on what marriage ACTUALLY is. You may be surprised at what you find!

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If we are to follow the "laws of the land" we may want to consult with the Native Americans. It's really their land.

Or, we can just sit back, and drink more Koolaid.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Its not koolaid
Its a matter of law and order.
If 2 ppl of sound mind enter into an agreement clearly stated it is binding.

Prenups have to be worked out. I think they can be very useful with the right people.

People willing to sign a prenup are not actually after anything.
2 ppl who have built successful careers and want to enjoy marriage can benefit from this.

This whole mindset of anti government anti rules and anarchy is bull shyt.
You have to have civilty in this world.

And for you bible men christian types its in there too.
Nah, I prefer Coke Zero.