Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Don't Use Scales!

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2000
Messages
763
Reaction score
26
Age
50
Here's an assignment for you:

Walk up to that HB9.8426 in your class (or at your job) that you've been stalking and creeping out for the last three months and try to start a conversation. You'll probably stop midway out of sheer fear. And that's ok; she's a lost cause anyway. The point is that I want you take inventory of your emotional state. You'll probably feel nervous and flustered. You know why? Because three months ago, she wasn't an HB9.8426. She was a woman. She became a HB9.8426 only when YOU ANOINTED HER AS ONE.

Try it with an HB7.5 and see if you feel the same way. You most likely won't.

By calling someone an HB-whatever, you bring credence to "social hierarchy" that you are supposedly so hell-bent on overcoming. Scales do not quantify a woman's level of attractiveness, or anything else about her. Instead, they quantify your own level of supplication towards her. Simply stated, calling her a 9.2 is equivalent to calling yourself a 1.8. By labeling her a 10, you label yourself a 0.

Are you a zero?

If not, stop bringing credence to any self-deprecation by using scales to describe women in your language. If a woman is attractive, she is simply attractive. If not, she is simply not. Ten years ago I was only attracted to thin girls, now I like all kinds of girls; thin and thick. It wasn't a case of me lowering my standards, but instead challenging those standards, learning more about myself and what I favorably respond to. And no, this not a regurgitation of "Stick to your league" either. Leagues are based on misdirected standards and I want us to get to the point where we take the standards we have for women and redirect them toward ourselves where they belong.

Men and women are not "polar opposites". They are individuals. Stop trying to quantify something that cannot be quantified. If you see an attractive woman with a six-pack stomach, treat her like you'd treat an attractive woman with a slight pudge.

How can that be done? Simple. Both women are attractive. Abs are irrelevant. For some reason, you feel attracted to both women simply because.

Explore every possibility. Taste every flavor. Throw away your scales and standards and mack on.
 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
858
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Bump Bump Bump!

Good post.
 

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 11, 2000
Messages
763
Reaction score
26
Age
50
Thanks everyone. However I'm surprised no one has commented on the "polar opposites" part of the post...:rolleyes:
 

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 6, 2003
Messages
574
Reaction score
3
Age
47
Location
3rd rock from the sun
I know what you meant by that so I didn't give a comment.

Every woman is an individual...every woman has some good thing about her so you're right it's best to not use scales. If scales are used the goodness of a woman will be overlooked.
 
Top